PDA

View Full Version : Rope group...?

ravenbounduptight
01-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Okay, i don't really know exactly where to post this. . . so it's mainly a question sort of thing, so i figured here would be as good as place as any.

i have finally admitted that i live in the black hole of kink (also known as pittsburgh). We have this slight problem, and yes nobody will come out and say it, but its sort of an unspoken "ruie". We have one dungeon in this town, it's a nice place except for a few personal bits of drama that i shall not go into. But it comes down to this: Rope people, riggers, and the like are not very welcomed to play at the dungeon. For some reason it causes alot of drama.

So, me being a rope slut, has to get my fix in. Yes i can play in private, and yes a few of us are looking into getting our own shared play space together. But i wanted to start a group about rope in pittsburgh. There are a few people who are excited about this. :hubba: My question is this:

If we were to hold monthly meetings, my goal is to have this general type set up:

1. talk about mainly rope. questions/answers/ideas/events/ect.

2. If someone wants to tie or show different ties, then that could be done.

3. later on organize Demos with Rope tops and bottoms for people who want to learn, learn more, ect.

Now i'm asking what are some things to consider when trying to build a group like this? i know place is the biggest "problem". What place would allow a group of people to chill out, maybe eat some food/have some drinks, and then let to each their own tie each other up?? It's hard enough finding a place in this town (or any town) that will let a regular munch be held there. . .

Ont thought is gay bars due to the fact that they are more open (and fun) then regular restaurants. But i don't want to intrude on them. Any suggestions on this would be most helpful.

Also, any other points to consider would be nice as well.

Thanks.

~j~

_ID_
01-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Keeping a group dynamic is going to be one of the harder things you encounter. Once you get a place.

On what place to go to? As you noted Gay bars are quite welcoming. Just go before their main crowd arrives. Many times they will have an area that is designated for dancing and such. This kind of floor space would be ideal, for any munch.

A group I was a member of in Florida did this, and as long as we were out before they opened the dance floor they had no objections. In fact, many times we would frequent their bar to get drinks during the munch, so they appreciated the extra business.