PDA

View Full Version : Why is the frienship part hard?

unmastered
01-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I recently begged for and had to take release from my Master, for reasons that are not that important except that He was not the Master for me and i was not the slave He needed.

After everything was said and done. I told Him that even though things didn't work our with us as M/s but i would love to be His friend.

He flat out refused and said He could never be my friend.

i am friends with any ex from my past. Why is it difficult for a former Master to be friends with a former slave?

Guera
01-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I think your question should be " Why is it difficult for MY former Master to be friends with HIS former slave?".

leah06
01-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Agreed. And some people just aren't good at remaining friends with exes. Not anyone's fault, that's just the way it is, bdsm or vanilla.

symphony
01-11-2010, 09:15 AM
I agree with Leah06 however there is also a time aspeect involved, I would find it very hard to be friends with someone i had an intimate relationship with imedeately as i wouldn't have had time to deal with any unresolved emotions even if the relationship ended well. However if it had been a couple of months since then i tend to feel differently.

It must be stated that this is a general response as I am not a dom.

fetishdj
01-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Emotions can sometimes get in the way here. If you are close to someone and then lose them as a close, intimate lover it can be hard to relate to them at any other level. I think it is easier, however, if you were friends beforehand (certainly always was for me), assuming the process of break up is not so traumatic as to cause the loss of the friendship as well.

Distance may help. Get away from him, find new people to talk to and hang out with, and let things take thier course. In time you may find he wants to be friends again.