PDA

View Full Version : Posting to a thread

spike
10-08-2004, 01:25 PM
It would be nice, I think, if ,when I clicked one of the reply buttons, the reply composition page was launched in a new window.

I know I get the thread I am replying to lower down that page, though I often forget, but I often want to check someone's profile before insulting them accidentally, or to look at (or quote from) other posts in other threads while my message is half written. This means remembering to launch a new browser and browse to the forum, or I will lose what I have already typed.

Just an idea

Spike

mythicat
10-08-2004, 02:38 PM
No no no...you're supposed to ask Jinn to get you a secretary slave to do all the typing and window shuffling for you while you recline in a comfy chair and sip your tea. That way when he says "no", you can bargain him down to a "new window" tag. :D

It would be nice, I think, if ,when I clicked one of the reply buttons, the reply composition page was launched in a new window.

I know I get the thread I am replying to lower down that page, though I often forget, but I often want to check someone's profile before insulting them accidentally, or to look at (or quote from) other posts in other threads while my message is half written. This means remembering to launch a new browser and browse to the forum, or I will lose what I have already typed.

Just an idea

Spike

BDSM_Tourguide
10-08-2004, 03:18 PM
You could just right click where it says BDSM Library Forums just above this window and select "Open in a New Window" from the menu that comes up and then you have a new window from which you can look up a person's profile, etc. while you are replying to a thread.

spike
10-08-2004, 03:38 PM
You could just right click where it says BDSM Library Forums just above this window and select "Open in a New Window" from the menu That would do it. Thanks, TG. It's not obvious though is it? It works in IE. Does it work in every browser?

Spike

BDSM_Tourguide
10-08-2004, 04:40 PM
That would do it. Thanks, TG. It's not obvious though is it? It works in IE. Does it work in every browser?

Spike

I don't know. I don't use every browser.

Pandora's Box
10-08-2004, 05:04 PM
It works with mozilla firebird. That's the browser I use. When you right click on the "post reply" button, it gives you the option of opening the posting page in a new window or a new tab.

Tabbed browsing rocks! :cool:

:D

Tiger
10-09-2004, 09:36 AM
You can press down and hold the "shift" key and click on any link. That link will be opened in a new window.

Lord Douche
10-09-2004, 09:39 AM
It works with mozilla firebird. That's the browser I use. When you right click on the "post reply" button, it gives you the option of opening the posting page in a new window or a new tab.

Tabbed browsing rocks! :cool:

:D
You can also middle-mouse button click on a link to open it in a new tab :) Even less clicking!

Tabbed browsers rule. I love being able to just go down the new posts list and load them all up, then browse at my leisure through them all :D
LD

erotic_nibbles
10-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Woohoo!....thank you everyone!....this thread is a big help to me too

spike....thank you for bringing this up.....I was having the same problem....trying to reply and see what all was said and who said it and who they were...male or female, etc.

Jinn....thank you for the "shift" click idea....that option is the best for me

I'm a very happy nibbles with this knowledge :)
~~nibbles~~

Chuckdom19
10-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Woohoo!....thank you everyone!....this thread is a big help to me too
~~nibbles~~

And for those courageous enough to use a Mac, just click and hold; a menu drops from the mouse arrow giving several choices, including "open in new window."

Curtis
10-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Thank you, chksng19! (And very inventive avatar.)