PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll think this pet name would work?

pervertedpages
01-30-2010, 09:18 PM
First of all, be warned, as silliness is going to follow:

But seriously, I need to know if other people think that it would be possible for vanilla people to buy my Master calling me "puppy" as a nickname in public. I've been pushing pretty hard for this because I think it's so friggin' adorable, especially the way he says it, but I think Master thinks I'm mostly joking/being cute. And while I AM being cute, obvi (lol), I also think it's kind of feasible. I have gone to the lengths of completely fabricating a cutesy origins story if asked (in it, I call him "hunnybunny" one day, like "be cool, hunnybunny!" from pulp fiction, to tease him, and he thinks of something equally as sickeningly sweet and the first thing that pops out is "puppy"!)

Now, pretend that you are my queer, militantly feminist friends. Are you buying it? Or do you now hate my male oppressor? I have regularass friends too, what if you were a regularass vanilla person?

This is no life and death matter... It's mostly for the lols, like everything I do. But I really, really think it's cute and that it could "pass" when he calls me puppy, and being called that is near and dear to my heart and I want to hear it as much as possible. Plus, the naughtiness of being that cute/kinky/personal in front of others... I'm obviously pretty easy to entertain, lol. So before I take it out into the real world, I thought I would ask all the lovely folks here first. I initially thought "Lemme go ask some ladies/gents like me if they'd let it happen or if they think it would fly" but doms are welcome to opine as well!

denuseri
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
I see no reason why it can't work for you two, nor any reason to have to have some prefabricated story for such a nicname.

Nor any need to have any kind of special title to use in public depite how romantic it may be if you all decide you dont wish too.

pervertedpages
01-31-2010, 01:03 AM
He already calls me puppy so I'm not searching to institute a special title to use in public, lol... More like, it's what we do and it occurred to me that it could also be seen as a cute "mainstream" petname and that idea appealed to me. But since he's calling me a dog, perhaps it's not as mainstream as I think? lol. Hence the question. My radar of what is appropriate/demeaning/embarrassing has changed quite a bit since meeting my Master!

anyway thanks for your input denuseri.

JaDeDLoVe
01-31-2010, 07:28 PM
i don't think its that silly or strange and would be ok for even the most vanilla of people. i mean people have been using "kitten" as a pet name for sweethearts for a long time... whats the difference between "kitten" and "puppy"? just tell anyone that asks... he's more of a dog person than a cat person. lol

13'sbadkitty
01-31-2010, 07:38 PM
i don't think it would ever occur in the mind of vanilla people what you meant by it at all. i wear a badkitty necklace Master gave me that we bought from a vanilla clothing maker. its also my mafiawars character name lol. i think people will just assume you are in love.

bluefarie
02-01-2010, 05:50 AM
I like it and think it is very cute and would very well pass for a pet name. I agree with others that "kitten" has been used for a long time, so it would make sense to use puppy. Master calls me pet in public and in private and hasn't used my real name since He took me on. Well once He did in front of my family when speaking about me and boy was it weird! LOL

Now if only W/we could think of something more BDSM appropriate to call Him in front of others. *ponders* I was trying to get His attention in a store once and just didn't think shouting "Master!" would be a good idea! LOL However, calling Him by His name just feels so creepy crawly to me. I have to in front of my family and my son, but I have never called Him that to Him, just used when speaking about Him. *sighs*

Oh i seem to have gotten lost there. YES i think it's great and would work! :)

Bluefarie, very happily owned and engaged to Master Archeon

theDerangedArchitect
02-02-2010, 04:39 AM
back when i was in high school, my girlfriend used to call me 'puppy' (and i used to call her kitty-kat, baby-tittens, etc even though being a total badass, i didnt care much for these nicknames in public) and no questions ever arose.

frankly you and your master can call each other whatever you want, for whatever reason you want. if someone has a problem with it, you are entitled, as human beings, to tell 'em to go fuck a toaster in the bathtub

denuseri
02-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Now if only W/we could think of something more BDSM appropriate to call Him in front of others. *ponders* I was trying to get His attention in a store once and just didn't think shouting "Master!" would be a good idea! LOL However, calling Him by His name just feels so creepy crawly to me. I have to in front of my family and my son, but I have never called Him that to Him, just used when speaking about Him.*sighs*

You could try not calling him anything or addressing him directly at all in public. If you need his attention or wish to show him somthing while you are out shopping, eaither take the objecct off the shelf or rack, approach him and wait for him to turn and then present it to him if possible or go over to him and wait silently for his acknowledgment for you to "speak" with a nod or some other gesture and then tell him you wish to show him whatever it is.

Saying getting your dominants attention without speaking is it's own art.

Saying "Master" with your eyes alone or posture and demeanor may be challenging but isn't impossible.

damyanti
02-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Yes, it absolutely can work as a mainstream nickname, just think about all the weird/crazy/sickly sweet names you have heard vanilla people call each other.

What you may want to pay a bit of attention to, if you are not too keen on explaining things lol, is the general feel of the dynamic between the two of you when he calls you that in public. But all in all, you should be fine, :).