PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody home?

Anne Gray
02-03-2010, 08:50 AM
I mean that in a nice way but I'm getting a bit frustrated. I'm also laughing because when I just logged in it was suggested that I introduce myself. Since I have 27 or 28 stories published in the library over the last number of years I found that a bit strange.;)
Back in early December I submitted my newest effort 'Tatianna's Task' which is my first novella at 21,000+ words. That is now over two months ago and, despite 3 or 4 messages to the webmaster asking if it was received (and sending the text again), I have yet to hear fom anyone.
I'm wondering if the site is rejecting my address or something.
Cheers,
Anne Gray

Midnytedreams
02-03-2010, 10:30 AM
since the crash the site has been playing catchup, reposting all the old stories, usually the wait is about a week to ten days I have found when submitting stories, I am rather new here so only can go by what I have seen.

Anne Gray
02-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks but in this instance it's over two months. The funny thing is that when I sent the story at the same time I asked the webmaster to update my profile and that was done a couple of days later

Ozme52
02-03-2010, 01:20 PM
The crash was about 35-40 days ago... late December I think, and 9 months of information was lost, which is right in the same timeframe as you say your submission was made.

The loss was total, forum posts, memberships and member data, visitor and private messages, abums and pictures... everything.

That's also why you got "new" please-introduce-yourself messages.

You profile may have been changed... but did you check to see if it had also rolled back?

I suggest you resubmit your story (and perhaps open a query in the "Tech Corner".)