PDA

View Full Version : Those stange people...

Lion
02-09-2010, 10:47 AM
I was in a party a few weeks ago, and someone had put in the second season of Sex and the City for some reason. Anyhow, there was a scene where this guy ties himself up, and asks to be whipped by one of the main characters of the show (Samantha). She is known to be quite adventerous in sex, but she is horrified with this.

Immediately, almost everyone who saw that scene commented in some way about how weird it was for someone to even like that.

I thought about it, and the problem I saw with the whole thing was how bdsm is usually portrayed. On one hand, it's shown as sort of a joke (Some girl asking to be spanked cause she's a "Bad girl"), on the other, some sort of bizzare psychotic thing, where a seemingly normal guy dresses up in black leather begging for humiliation.

I used to share this part of my life with a few friends before, some of them actually were in bdsm themselves, but now that I'm getting to meet more people because of my business, I'm concerned that this part of my life will actually affect my reputation.

Anyhow, just a muse, comment if you wish

Archeon
02-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Social convention would dictate they show disgust, id put money on at least half of them having at least a secret interest in some form of BDSM

Master Trin
02-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Social convention would dictate they show disgust, id put money on at least half of them having at least a secret interest in some form of BDSM

In the words of Bruno That's such a Samantha thing to say" :P I watched a couple epis of sex and the city, its not half bad and i think samantha would make a perfect submissive girlfriend, independent yet very eager to please sexually and "needing" someone to desire her.

bbbbadbetty
02-24-2010, 06:46 PM
It's sad that the general perception is that those who engage in BD or SM or all of the above must be damaged in some way. The truth of the matter is that humans are highly sexual beings and it's only the fear of being judged that stops so many from exploring their true desires.

The other sad part about all of this is that for those of us who do embrace our sexuality, we must live a double life because of these other stifled individuals. You are wise to be cautious about who you share this information with - better safe than sorry. Meanwhile, you have friends and likeminded individuals in communities such as this.

Ozme52
02-24-2010, 10:12 PM

A technical reference... but it was changed since I last saw it.

brwneydgirl
03-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I saw that episode and even though I'm here on this site and profess to be submissive and have a whole list of "non-fetishy fetishes" (which I won't bore you with), that guy creeped me right the fuck out!

Give a girl some warning next time and maybe she'll strap on those thigh-highs and catch your balls in a zipper but jeeze...a heads-up would've been nice. :)

roxi.slut
03-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Heh. Have y'all seen the episode of family guy where Lois and Peter discuss drugs while getting ready for "bed"? They both out on their BDSM gear like changing into their PJs.

On topic, i think it's like things used to be with homosexuality...my late aunt was a lesbian, who lost her son to the state because of her sexual orientation. She was taken to doctors...one of which stated that the only "cure" for her was to cut off her head. The subject used to be the butt of jokes on movies and tv, and still is in many cases. My dad wrote her off as a sick feak, and her girlfriend living with her was deemed her "room mate". i always thought it was sad that they couldn't afford a two bedroom house and had to share a bed. Then i found out the truth and couldn't figure out why everyone hid that fact from me. The two men sharing a one bedroom house down the street suddenly made more sense.

We are the next group of sickos who will end up being accepted as having a chemical imbalance, or birth defect to the brain...

Until then, we are the butt of jokes and crazy inuendo.

oww-that-hurt
03-09-2010, 02:35 PM
It's sad that the general perception is that those who engage in BD or SM or all of the above must be damaged in some way. The truth of the matter is that humans are highly sexual beings and it's only the fear of being judged that stops so many from exploring their true desires.

The other sad part about all of this is that for those of us who do embrace our sexuality, we must live a double life because of these other stifled individuals. You are wise to be cautious about who you share this information with - better safe than sorry. Meanwhile, you have friends and likeminded individuals in communities such as this.

Dang it, NOW I find out I'm damaged! My Wartenburg wheel is in shipment, too.
Sorry, I had to toss that out. It really should arrive this week.
But, it is true, so many of us (count me in there) must lead double lives. At least I'm retired so I don't worry about fellow employees coming across what I enjoy, or want to enjoy, or think of.