PDA

View Full Version : A question about floggers

Midnytedreams
02-15-2010, 09:33 PM
I have seen many mention being punished with a flogger, The reason I ask is how is a flogger used to punish, I have used many short, long , made of suede and leather . Every time I use one it is for pleasure not punishment. I have flogged many. Is a flogger seen as punishment. Every thing I know is it sensitizes the skin, I have flogged a sub until she is pink from shoulders to calfs both sides of the body but it wasn't for punishment only pleasure. Does anyone actually use a flogger for punishment and if so how.

_ID_
02-16-2010, 05:04 AM
A heavy flogger, or rubber flogger could severely bruise the skin if used correctly and for a long enough time. Even then with extensive bruising, it wouldn't be punishment, unless the mindset of the submissive were to be directed in that way.

Any action taken by a Dominant can be used as a form of punishment, or pleasure. Where the mind of the submissive is, is what drives if its punishment or pleasure.

WolfLeader
02-16-2010, 09:23 PM
A heavy flogger, or rubber flogger could severely bruise the skin if used correctly and for a long enough time. Even then with extensive bruising, it wouldn't be punishment, unless the mindset of the submissive were to be directed in that way.

Any action taken by a Dominant can be used as a form of punishment, or pleasure. Where the mind of the submissive is, is what drives if its punishment or pleasure.

I totally agree. The same applies to spanking. It is in the mindset. although with a flogger depending on the sharpness of the blow it can make a difference behind the intent.

denuseri
02-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Not to intrude here in you all's domain, but, respectfully:

I am not disagreeing with the mindset issue.

But personally, when a dominant puts his hand on the whip around me, I don't exactly think oh wow, I am gonna love whats coming next.

In other words, being spanked and such is only fun for those that like being spanked and such, for those of us who are not into pain in that way, its certiantly no hay ride.

Just some food for thought.

Ozme52
02-17-2010, 01:32 AM
The British Navy used flogging as a punishment. It all depends on the materials and even when using softer leathers, there is much to be said about the application of power.

I have several, one is bullhide, braided, with flat ends coming to pointed tips (all leather) and if I'm not careful, it leave extreme, bruising welts. If I needed to punish my girl and deemed a flogging appropriate, that is the tool I would use...

Almost all of the tools at our disposal that we use for sensual play originate as tools of torture, interrogation, or punishment.

Midnytedreams
02-17-2010, 05:22 AM
I guess its all in the wording flogging

Oz what you describe as a flogger I see as a cat, anything to me that is multi strand and braided is not a flogger , and yes they can be used for pleasure or punishment, To me a flogger is multi stranded loose with at the very least 40 or more strands, they can sting thud and sensitize, So what constitutes a flogger.

I know the theory the less the strands the more care and experience needed to use properly, or the lighter the whip the less power used. I personally think it is the idea or word flogging that instills fear, as you mentioned a cat being used to inflict major punishment.

Midnytedreams
02-17-2010, 05:30 AM
denuseri... thank you for your insight... I never saw a flogger as a whip...I guess because I have not meet one who fears pain but embraces it....mixing pain and pleasure into one....

Ozme52
02-17-2010, 12:11 PM
They're all whips, from single to multiple falls.

Add falls and you get floggers. A cat is just one type of flogger.

Off-Topic: It's one of the reasons we (all) tend to argue. So many terms are understood differently, especially with so many people "learning" their vocabulary from online sources.

Ozme52
02-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Even rods, canes and switches are whips.

Every youngster who got a whippin' out in the tool shed knows this. :hubba:

MISTRESS H
04-01-2010, 08:22 AM
I have seen many mention being punished with a flogger, The reason I ask is how is a flogger used to punish, I have used many short, long , made of suede and leather . Every time I use one it is for pleasure not punishment. I have flogged many. Is a flogger seen as punishment. Every thing I know is it sensitizes the skin, I have flogged a sub until she is pink from shoulders to calfs both sides of the body but it wasn't for punishment only pleasure. Does anyone actually use a flogger for punishment and if so how.

A flogger can be used as both punishment and pleasure. It all really depends on the amount of strength used with any applience. Yes some floggers are made just for sensetizing the flesh, and how they are made, they can also inflict pain. Used of the back, back of the legs, since these areas are not as soft as the neather area, or the vagina, or penis and testicals, when used in these areas, the more strokes the more the pleasure turns to pain, and punishment. A riding crop can be used both ways. In short it all depends on the strength used with each stroke.