PDA

View Full Version : Polyamory and BDSM

caligatia
10-17-2004, 05:01 PM
If there's already a thread on this subject, let me know and I'll go there. I didn't see one, and the search feature turned up nothing, so here goes.

I've been poly since my first relationship, back when I was a teenager. My dom, on the other hand, is very much the monogamous sort. Since we've gotten deeper into BDSM, he feels more comfortable with my taking other lovers because there's something special between us -- he will have no other subs/slaves, and I will have no other masters. We're both quite happy with this arrangement, although we haven't tried out my sexual freedoms yet. I'm switch and bisexual, so if I go looking for someone it will probably be a submissive female, the opposite of my male dom fiance.

I'm new to the forum, but in looking around on the boards I've seen a number of polyamorists here. So I was wondering what sorts of arrangements you have with your significant others, how BDSM affects your poly-ness (and vice versa), and if you have any suggestions for my dom, who's still getting used to the idea of me being with other people...

Thanks!

Curtis
10-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Yes, dear, there are a couple of other threads on similar topics. One was about whether or not it was moral to cheat on a vanilla significant other, and the other is a little hazier, even though I only read it two days ago.

We'll see if we can get slavelucy or whoever is the moderator of the BDSM Life section to provide you the links. I think yours is different enough that no-one will want to merge threads.

And, to go further off-topic, how does one go about finding who moderates which section these days? It used to be listed next to the section title in the directory.

I hope you get some responses that are more to the point than this one was, caligatia.

caligatia
10-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Yes, dear, there are a couple of other threads on similar topics. One was about whether or not it was moral to cheat on a vanilla significant other, and the other is a little hazier, even though I only read it two days ago.

Yeah, I saw a couple of somewhat related threads, but not a thread on polyamory itself... Hopefully I didn't miss something.

BDSM_Tourguide
10-17-2004, 06:48 PM
And, to go further off-topic, how does one go about finding who moderates which section these days? It used to be listed next to the section title in the directory.

Click on the forum to which you'd like to see what moderator is assigned. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. Look at the bottom right of the screen and you will see a box listing the moderator(s).

Curtis
10-17-2004, 07:45 PM
And the winner is...FindingFantasy!

Thank you, Tourguide. I'm sure she'll notice this soon.