PDA

View Full Version : A E-mail I dont plan to send, but that I wrote at 4:30 this morning

hamlet45
02-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Below is an E-mail to my ex girl friend which I never plan to send. I just need to know that its ok, that I have a right to be angry, and that I should expect better from here on out.

Emily,

I am requesting that you return the cards I gave to you. I would like them returned so that I can destroy them, both because they were written by me under a state of drug induced duress and because even if I had clearly meant what I said, you are undeserving of the praise, love and sentiments written within.

You are undeserving for many reasons. You do not deserve my trust because you have betrayed me hundreds of times. The entire time we dated you regaled our mutual friend Alex with almost constant complaints about me. You did this seeking some sort of affirmation for your self indulgent demands and you lied and embellished. You have since continued this process. Doing the same thing to Steve, Illana, Cristina, Norah, over and over agian you sought to make friendships through lies and betrayals of our intimacy and my confidence. I can only imagine what you have said of me to Chris... but to think about this makes me sick beyond all belief, that you would ever believe that was OK, makes you the worse kind of narcissistic monster.

Your insensitivity in the wake of our break up, your claim that after we broke up you ceased to be responsible for my feelings, is the worst kind of self indulgent nonsense. Its the same pile of shit you laid on Adam Pekarsky, the same pile of shit you laid on Guilliame. You sought me out, twice, seeking to abuse me and make me feel the pain you wanted to force me to share. You masked your intentions with talk of books (something fucked up for a whole different reason which we will discuss), with talk of my abnormality at not wanting to leave messages in public forums, messages that would be decisive, that would hurt our mutual friendships, all things meant only to gain the attention of other people. Well you have gotten your attention, how does it feel? I will chose not to discuss your new, "friends," their ulterior motives or the awful things you have said about them in the past, that make me firmly believe you don't truly respect them. Mostly I do this because I can't trust you to keep our communications between us, in fact it turns out I never could, another of your betrayals.

And now onto the question of Alex. I have to say, the fact that you are devastated by Alex's betrayal gives me considerable satisfaction, in that you are so selfish to believe that you aren't deserving of it. You shared intimate details of our life together with Alex. Things that if I had ever known you were doing so I would have never continued our relationship. I would have broken up with you almost immediately, had I any clue the shear amount of trust you had violated. And here we come to your constant claim, "I can't have a best friend who I tell everything too?" The answer is no, it has always been no, and anyone with any appreciation for the trust required between two people in a relationship would agree with me. Furthermore, there are somethings you didn't tell Alex about, things you knew he would never affirm, things you couldn't get from him, not because he was in love with you, but because he recognized how immoral, unfair, reckless and insensitive they were. So you turned to Steve, Illana, and Cristina. You labeled Alex a homophobe and curmudgeon, some one out of touch with his own and other people sexuality. You accused him of seeing sickness in your behavior, not because you were being self indulgent, hurtful. reckless, and deceitful (ALL ARE THE CASE), but because he was jealous. So you passed off the blame, decided that your betrayal didn't really exist, because I had no right to the information, all the while you spoke to half a dozen people about your trip, all of whom knew me, two of whom were coming to visit me, both were close friends.

Your live journal post was so disgusting and egregious, so self serving and insulting, so sick that it made me want to vomit and still does. I had spent months having anxiety attacks because all you did was tell me it wasn't good enough. I faced near financial ruin to return to be with you and you wrote about the small sweetness of some one removing your shoes. The demented nature of this post... I regret ever trying to make you happy. And to imagine for months I sat in Little Rock after sending you on your way in January agonizing over you an me. Wanting so much to actually love you and make you happy, going so far as to withdraw myself from any other relationship, because our friendship and your feelings meant that much... Think about that when you say that you had no responsibility to me the week after we broke up, think long and hard.

And now onto you and Chris. You consorted with some one who proposed having sex with you. You knew full and well how much this bothered me, and to claim that because I never said it outright you could never truly know is self serving nonsense. You cheated on me. You did it emotionally by seducing another man and I will never believe that you tried your hardest to save our relationship while you talked to him about me. Your level of dishonesty in this regard is so hurtful because you continue to claim that you were in your right, in your right to seduce another man, to allow yourself to stray, to lie to me with silence. You are a sick person to think that I should ever be ok with this betrayal and you are even more fucked up to parade around with him in front of our mutual friends. You should hide your head in shame for this deception, one which I have kept to myself, as you mascaraed as some sort of hurt party.

Which brings me to the most egregious thing you have done. The moment where I lost all regard, all love, and all care and retreated into a state of utter disgust. The moment when i realized that you don't truly understand what it means to "love" and "care" for another person. I told you in plain, simple English, that I was devastated you were going to the Fetish Flea with Steve and Chris. That the loneliness I felt when contemplating that moment superseded any I had ever had. The reason, because for me that aspect of our relationship was intimate, beautiful, meaningful, and a matter of trust. I have walked around for 12 years in a state of unfulfilled loneliness. Not knowing whether the desires I held could ever be realized with another person. Not being able to trust another person, to share those desires had ruined relationships that had meant something to me. I was lonely, when I should have felt most whole. And then I shared a part of myself with you that I had never told anyone else. When I did that I imparted you with a part of myself so fragile, so private, and so sensitive. And what did you do with it? What did you do with the beautiful moments we shared, alone together, in trust and love? You used them as a weapon, and this in unforgivable.

You found Chris at a munch, you pursued him on Fetlife (a website you told me would be good for our relationship), and you to this day study my profile concocting further ways to hurt and abuse me emotionally. Even after I told you on many occasions the importance of this aspect of relationship being private, you openly read books about kink in front of mutual friends and colleagues (knowing that I objected), you wore your collar (a collar that was supposed to be a symbol of love and trust) to a Halloween party in front of my friend and colleagues, and you discussed intimate aspects of our sexual relationship with people I don't like or trust and people I do. And most recently, against my wishes, in some sort of sick attempt to retaliate against me for calling on Alex to be my friend amidst the loneliness, you invited all of my colleagues to join you at the Flea, effectively outing me and treating this intimate part of our relationship like a carnival. This is egregious in both its betrayal of my trust and your malignancy at destroying my friendships with other people. There is no right minded person who would ever doubt that they all assume things about me, all of which may not be true, but the seed has been planted and you have turned an intimate aspect of our relationship into a sick game to hurt me. I wonder what people in the "community" would think of this? I wonder what other people, people who have had marriages collapse, suffered unimaginable loneliness, or seen friends hurt and even kill themselves, dealing with a similar emptiness and the loneliness. When you talk of how progressive and accepting just remember that what you did, by outing me and before my friends in despicable. Your lies about Chris, the fact that you used the "community" as an excuse to troll for another man is so petty compared to this betrayal of personal trust. I hope one day you reflect upon what you have done and realize that when you asked, "Are you mad at me again?" you already knew the answer, you already knew why, and you were once again fishing for attention, at the cost of everyone around you, and at the cost of what little love I had left.

WifeMomSlave
02-25-2010, 06:39 AM
WOW.... Not really sure how to respond to that. I just want to say that I am so sorry you were hurt so badly. It is hard to believe that some people can be so brutal. Hopefully you do not let this end the lifestyle for you and you continue on your journey and find someone who makes you truly happy. IMHO, we are never given more than we can handle in life, and that everything we go through is for a reason, and helps make us stronger.

Best of luck

flying66
02-25-2010, 10:52 AM
I also do not know how to respond to this, I suspect you really wanted to 'let it all out' though and that's perfectly ok, better out than in. This was a long letter and it sounds like you've put a lot of thought and careful consideration into what it said.

A lot of times you have to be out of the relationship and looking back at it from the outside before you truly understand what was going on.

I'm sorry to hear that she made light of your private gestures of love by wearing your collar as part of a costume in public and also that she was always so oblivious to how you wanted to keep that part of your life private.

I'm also sorry that you didn't seem to have a good experience with fetlife, my local community are all on fetlife and we seem to place the most updates about the local events and play parties more often on that site than on the official website (seriously, the official website practically never gets updated)

Archeon
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Wall of text crits you for 100,000 damange.

As I have always said, BDSM is not a licence to cheat, so fair play to you, and I hope ranting made you feel better.

Regards,

Arch

hamlet45
02-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks Arch, not sure what the first part meant, (Wall of text crits you for 100,000 damange). and ranting did indeed make me feel better. So thanks.

hamlet45
02-25-2010, 01:27 PM
I suppose my purpose is to rant(!) and to pose the question, what can I expect from here on out. Am I, by involving myself with someone who is open to this going to face the same sort of dangers time and time again. Should I be concerned when some one so brazenly jeopardizes my privacy? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

relationship wise I have made the decision to no longer speak to her. But there is all this other stuff all these other things which I worry about.

AnticipatingPain
02-25-2010, 01:57 PM
I wish I had the answers to your questions, I think we all ask them at some point.

We have 2 options; let our doubts, our uneasiness take over and never let out bodies feel what we desire & our minds crave, or do we take a chance on others being as genuine as we are and gradually hand over our trust, hoping we are not let down.

Thank you posting, it's raw, shows your anger & resentment but also shows that, just like the majority of us you are firstly a human being, thats capable of being hurt.

I wish you well, take time to heal yourself.

Hugs

x

13'sbadkitty
02-25-2010, 02:07 PM
i am very sorry for your pain. if someone outed me i would be very upset. my Master and i have some mutual friends who are into one form of kink or another and for different reasons W/we have not told them about O/our life together and it would be very hurtful for either of us to do that to the other one. cheating is just wrong as well. i agree that sometimes being out of a relationship enables us to see how bad it was when in it. i hope you find someone who is worthy of your trust and affection,

badkitty

Carpe Coma
02-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Skimming through, a couple of comments;

1: It seems that your main issue is that you wanted privacy and she either didn't understand or was uninterested in respecting that. Not everyone is 'in the closet' and those who aren't in the closet generally have a hard time dealing with privacy desires of those who are.

2: Spending time with someone who proposed having sex with you isn't cheating in and of itself. If it was, I would have an extremely hard time keeping female friends (~80% have proposed at one time or another and I'm no sex magnet, regardless of what the rumors say).

3: I see signs of some serious cling/desperation. You mention the years it had been for you and how long you tolerated this. This leads me to suspect that you were very heavily invested in making this work, even against signs that it wasn't going to. It's fine to be hungry, but don't let starvation lead you to trying to make a meal out of poisoned fruit.

So, a reason to be upset? Sure. If she wasn't willing/able to respect your privacy (and you made it clear to what degree that was expected) then she should have said so. However, as soon as it was clear that she wasn't going to do so, you should have said your goodbyes, rather than stick around and suffer hoping she would change.

hamlet45
02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Carpe, yeah, the problem is she really started this egregious nonsense after we broke up. The break up was mutual. This however has not been. Alas I completely disagree with you analysis on cheating. There is an emotional element that I think needs to be respected. But of course everyone has different standards.

I thank you all for commenting. This is very helpful.However I now feel a little silly for posting this whole thing... Sometimes this are just sort of lousy at one point in the day and later it goes away. I hope no one will hold my anger and sentimentality against me. :)

Carpe Coma
02-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own standards. If that is yours, than you are going to have a hard time with any girl with male friends. Given enough time, it is almost inevitable that one person of a mixed sex friendship will proposition the other. These people obviously enjoy each other's company, else they wouldn't be friends. From there it is just a short skip and a hop to that inquiry. Not to pick on you, but that standard does come across as a bit insecure (kind of like those people who will only date virgins), unless she is a total slut who can't say no. In which case you better slap a chastity belt on her ;)

leah06
02-25-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm not physically repulsive, and I've had my share of men who are interested in me, but NO ONE, EVER, in my long marriage or during my relationship now, has in any way propositioned me. First, I spend time with people who respect relationships, and second, I don't play games or send out that fuck-me vibe, or even that, let's-pretend vibe. I have one close friend that I exchange some light sexualized banter with (he knows what I get up to and he's kink curious, so it's of the sssssspank me variety) but we've never come close to any kind of sex talk.

This is not to "blame the victim" if you are the hapless recipient of some boorish come-on. But I would certainly view that person as a potential threat to my relationship after that, and I wouldn't volunteer to spend private time with him. Not for fear of losing control of myself, or being raped or something, but just because that's not an appropriate way to talk to someone in a committed relationship and I'd want to be very careful about my signals.

Carpe Coma
02-25-2010, 06:37 PM
"but NO ONE, EVER, in my long marriage or during my relationship now, has in any way propositioned me." - No offense, but I doubt this. Now you may not have kept them as friends after, or missed/ignored the setup, but I would place $500 bet that if closely examined, it has happened. You may not have been pressed and it may not have been explicit, but that doesn't mean it didn't occur. I suspect that you know that if your came out of a relationship for an extended period of time, a proposition of some kind would be likely to happen eventually (hence the nearly inevitable).

It's a people thing. It has no bearing on you or really on them. People have their moments, failures of judgment, and misreads. Spend enough time with someone and one of those will occur. Now the context and reaction does say a lot about the people involved. But simply the proposition? That's a part of life.

leah06
02-25-2010, 07:54 PM
"And now onto you and Chris. You consorted with some one who proposed having sex with you."

"Spending time with someone who proposed having sex with you isn't cheating in and of itself."

Probably we are using the words differently. I read the OP as, his girlfriend's friend actually and explicitly suggested or asked for sex. I assure you that nothing like this has ever happened to me when I was in a committed relationship and if it had, I would have reacted the way I outlined above. If you think the OP meant that Chris had signaled his availability or interest should the gf decide to make a move, I suppose you're right that that's different and perhaps more common. I've certainly gotten signals that men have found me attractive even if I was in a relationship with someone else. Whether that equates to, would have fucked me if given half the chance, I have no idea. I suspect not because they're really good guys and, you know, that would have been wrong.

Dejah Thoris
02-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Am I, by involving myself with someone who is open to this going to face the same sort of dangers time and time again.

Hi Hamlet,

Thank you for posting your experience. I truly believe that if you first become friends, then bf/gf before moving forward with the bdsm aspect, the trust will be there and the foundation set ... and you'll not have to worry that something like this will happen again. It takes more time and a great deal of patience, but to find the one you truly trust your heart and mind with? Priceless :)

chellebelle
02-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks Arch, not sure what the first part meant, (Wall of text crits you for 100,000 damange). and ranting did indeed make me feel better. So thanks.

He is affectionately making light of how much typing you put into this post. It is a sort of video gaming slang.

Beyond that...

Part of me wants to encourage you to send this to her, but I don't know if it would be beneficial, or if it would cause more trouble.

Some people live in disillusion until they are given a mirror, others are just plain blind.

I do feel for you, and this horrible situation... but what I wish most for you, is to find a way to release this baggage before meeting someone with a purer heart.

hamlet45
02-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah I never plan to send it. Every time I made any requests that she be conscientious in her actions she proceeded to do something else more egregious. That's why I posted it. I don't want to send it and I certainly don't want strangers to dislike her, but it is nice to have someone read it. And if anything can. Be learned by me or anyone at this point than it might be worth it.

flying66
02-26-2010, 11:34 PM
drat, chellebelle beat me to it, what Archeon said was a gaming reference. He was joking about how long and wordy your post was.

Secret_Salope
02-27-2010, 09:55 AM
My opinion may be either helpful or you'll hate it. If it's the later I appologize.

I used to put my husband and I's business out there for my friends. Very intimate things that he shared with me. His desire to be fucked with a strapon. To be humiliated. His desire to want to be with another man. I didn't think any of this was normal, and though I loved him it made me nervous. I told people who were just my friends, but they were the only friends that were around him frequently. I just realized didn't grasp that some things needed to stay between us. I was 16 years old when he shared all this with me. I am 20 now, and about 6 months ago I realized how much I love Dominating him and how much I love pain. I had my own secrets, and when one of my relationships(a female friend) was completly destroyed due to my inability to keep my mouth shut, I realized just how much I had betrayed him. How much I truely hurt him. To top that off, I also had a best friend in school that never propositioned me for sex. He wanted me to run away with him to London when I graduated and to leave my almost husband alone. A little under a year ago my husband broke down and told me how much I'd hurt him in keeping that relationship.

I told that story to say this: From the moment I realized the amount of mental pain I inflicted on him(unintentionally or not) I have been sorry and trying to make up for it. I don't know if you've realized this or not, but my personal opinion about this past relationship is that she never loved you. I can not imagine mind fucking ANYONE for years and truely saying that I loved them.

Just my opinion of course.

hamlet45
03-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah secret, this reality has dawned on me and alas I have pretty much accepted I wont get closure and I just have to move on and seek out some one who is not going to mind fuck me.

summerBreeze{EDQ}
03-09-2010, 11:56 PM
well every one has said their piece and they are good and caring people. I couldnt word things any better and just want to say Im so sorry you are hurting and send you *gentle loving hugs*

roxi.slut
03-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Eh, we all have to rant sometimes. You do have a right to your feelings and you have a right to seek support.

Remember this: everything happens for a reason. i didn't get the job i wanted for a reason. You discovered things during this relationship that you will carry with you. Lessons learned.

Just don't be a fool and let the learning pass you by. In a year, you'll be saying something like "I would never have.......(fill in the blank)...........if she hadn't done me so wrong!"

Don't fret over it too much, it's a good thing, i promise. When you make the statement above, be sure and send me a PM and tell me what it was (and that i was right LOL!).

hamlet45
03-11-2010, 06:23 PM
By the way she just sent me a birthday card post marked from Las Vegas, where she is on vacation with the guy she cheated on me with... Yeah I am going to agree with the whole she doesn't really know how to love theorem and just accept the absurdity of this whole thing. Also I am returning the card without opening it.

Snark
04-12-2010, 08:23 PM
It sounds like she is immature, narcissistic and either deliberately cruel or one of the most clueless individuals walking erect (she does, doesn't she?) The birthday card is the kicker...she knows you loved her, she knows she played you and she sent the card just to twist the knife. The saddest part is when you look back and see how much you gave to the relationship and how much she pissed on it. Not all people - of either gender- are that way. But just one can screw up the others for you for a long time. Take time to heal...but trust when you can see yourself through their eyes and see a person, not a victim. It's tough. It'll pass. Be easy on yourself. You won't forget her, but you CAN get over, past and beyond her. That's when you've won. And she may have learned what she has lost.