PDA

View Full Version : Books - hope this is the right section

wolf_22
02-28-2010, 05:42 PM
I was wondering if any members can reccommend some good books about BDSM. I've found some lists on another site, shelfari, but none of the books have detailed reviews.
I don't really like to order a book I'm not almost positive I'll like.

I'm not picky about whether its fiction, personal essay(s), or instructional.

I do have a small craving for some fiction right about now, but I love all types of books.

thanks!

VaAugusta
02-28-2010, 08:13 PM
The claiming of sleeping beauty had some interesting things in it.

VaAugusta
02-28-2010, 08:25 PM
I also wanted to add that I find it creepy as hell that my mom has some BDSM books. I don't fall far from the tree it seems..

wolf_22
02-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I also wanted to add that I find it creepy as hell that my mom has some BDSM books. I don't fall far from the tree it seems..

thanks.

well I'm studying to be a sex therapist and my professor for human sexuality has two children - they are a tormented young for sure, with usch questions as "have you started masturbating yet?"

and my children - when I have them - will wish for a different mother very often I'm sure

leah06
02-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Um, yuck to the whole questioning the kids thing.

Books. Fiction - The Image by Jean De Berg. A classic. The Sleeping Beauty Books. The Marketplace books. Don't know how extreme you like your slavery fiction, but As She's Told is a really good book about totally consensual TPE. Fact - I haven't read these but see uniformly recommended, Screw the Roses, Give Me the Thorns, and SM 101, by Jay Wiseman.

Master Will Tupper
03-02-2010, 04:17 PM
For factual information, I'd recommend Pat Califia's "Sensuous Magic" and Mentor's "The Loving Dominant". For slavegirl and master fantasy, my favorite is John Norman's Gorean Saga. Your mileage may vary.
I wish you well.

Ozme52
03-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Do a search here on the forum for this topic... you'll find many more suggestions.

BrokenButterfly
03-05-2010, 05:58 AM
well for the internet if you just want to read a little bit at a time then booksie has a lot of it and its pretty cool. Um real books that have it is Anne bishops black jewel tril i love them :) hope that helps

LovesKink
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
"Bound to be Free the SM experience" this book seriously examines the motivations of those who choose this Lifestyle.

trissymac
03-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the ?-all great suggestions that have piqued my interest. The only stuff I've read is the sleeping beauty series and I would recommend them. Thanks to all!

the_moirae
04-23-2010, 12:41 PM

*LOL* Cute

DomBob
05-24-2010, 06:28 PM
There is an entire Stories area here with user-written stories.

If you dont know about ASSTR (Adult Sex Story Text Repository) it is a totally free site with years of hot stories that have been passed around Usenet.

For non-fiction, I used to have a good book something like:"Spanking: how to get wonderful people to do naughty things to you."

If you are into eBooks, here are some titles of some top-rated books you can get from Fictionwise or the bdsm ebook sites. I made a list as there was a 40% off sale last weekend:

RAVISHED BY THE PIRATES
THE LEARNING COMMUNE (Hector McIntyre)
JULIE'S ABDUCTION NIGHTMARE (W.L. Dowd)
CASTLE OF PLEASURE AND PAIN (Powerone)
KIDNAPPED TO BE A WHORE (Powerone)
GIRL HUNTERS (Powerone)
A FAMILY - BOUND, SOLD AND TORTURED (W.L. Dowd)
ENSLAVED: A New Society (Powerone)
HELL HOSPITAL (Powerone)
DEVIL`S SLUTS (Powerone)
THE CHASTENER (Hector McIntyre)
THE SOCIETY - Book 1 (DrkFetyshNyghts)
ABUSE OF POWER (Dan Bruce)
A FAMILY - BOUND, SOLD AND TORTURED (W.L. Dowd)
PUNISHMENT ROOMS (Hector McIntyre)
WAR VICTIMS (Powerone)

Hope this helps.