PDA

View Full Version : Equality?

Pages : 1 [2]

steelish
04-20-2010, 06:32 AM
What does "weed out" mean exactly.

By turning the "entitlement" program into an "enablement" program for able-bodied, able-minded people.

steelish
04-20-2010, 06:36 AM
It is not the job of the "education system" to impart morale and self esteem
Education is preparing children to be good adults. The good english school converts dirty uncouth boys into educated gentlemen. As Sadistic pointed our, better morale equates to better learning.

And how much influence are the parents and other family members to have in their morale and self esteem?

Canyon
04-20-2010, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=Kendal;865276]Government should proved the basics, charity the extras. Feed the orphans from government funds, send them to Disneyland with charity donations.[QUOTE]

Just found this (http://www.canada.com/story_print.html?id=2924330&sponsor=) today. Could not believe it. Disneyland is a right!!!

How many of those 12 dollar hot dogs will the taxpayers have to buy.

I imagine its only a matter of time before someone demands this in America. It's easy to be silly with the money others have earned.

Hey, I'm a crabby old man, would that count as "difficult personal circumstances." :wave:

Canyon
04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
What might surprise you though is that most US foreign aid donations come from private citizens rather than the government.

I wonder if they count the costs of our other expences which benefit others. Our huge support of the UN, and those countries which lie under our defence umbrella and thus benefit. I'm sure there is more but I cannot think of them now.

steelish
04-21-2010, 07:46 AM
It's easy to be silly with the money others have earned.

It also seems to be easy (for some) to demand what others have earned.