PDA

View Full Version : vanilla community

l<itten
10-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Okay I have seen several references to the vanilla community, could someone please explain to me what it is?!?

Mobius
10-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Vanila is a term to denote Straight.

Meaning sex is normal no kinkiness.

For example vanila sex would be misionary position lights off only on saturdays, Once a month.

It also is used to descripe a comunity. There is the BDSM comunity that this forum is a part of. Some what hidden from the Vanila world.

Your mother and father would be part of the vanila comunity. Would you want them to know of this sites existance? Or your Boss at work that would be the vanila side of your life. Every one has a kinky and a vanila side.

I work with kids driving a school bus. I definatly would not want them to know about my alter ego. That would not go over very well. And would probly get me fired.

That is my vanila side of my life.

BDSM_Tourguide
10-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Okay I have seen several references to the vanilla community, could someone please explain to me what it is?!?

Non-BDSM/kink people.

duktig flicka
10-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Good grief, I wouldn't say it was so extreme as you put it, Mobius. I simply think of vanilla as sex without bdsm. It can still be fun and interesting with variety, various fetishes, different positions, multiple partners, or what-have-you. Just no power play.

I guess there's different definitions.

BDSM_Tourguide
10-26-2004, 01:47 PM
Good grief, I wouldn't say it was so extreme as you put it, Mobius. I simply think of vanilla as sex without bdsm. It can still be fun and interesting with variety, various fetishes, different positions, multiple partners, or what-have-you. Just no power play.

I guess there's different definitions.

I'm going to disagree here and set the record straight.

Kink is different from vanilla. Any fetish play, multiple partners and power play all differ from normal, "vanilla" sex. Vanilla sex is sex without any form of kink. No handcuffs, no floggers, no leather, no latex, no additional parties involved.

Vanila is not simply seperate from BDSM. Vanilla is seperate from the entire kink umbrella. You have vanilla and then you have kink. Kink encompasses BDSM, yes, but it also includes other fetishes and practices like leather and swinging.

Vanilla sex is the monogamous, sexual relationship one partner has with another partner without the benefit of anything "abnormal." Some people would even consider sex toys as an abnormality. I think it depends on the toy. I think a vibrator is a vanilla toy, but a butt plug is definitely kinky.

And if you want to get really technical about things, since sodomy is technically a sexual deviation, then anal and oral sex should both be considered kinky. However, in this day and age, I'd say oral sex is commonplace and very vanilla, but anal sex is definite kink material.

At least the starter of this thread is getting a lot more than just a literal efinition for her question. :)

Nuadu
12-10-2004, 07:09 AM
Vanilla is a VERY sexy word. If you like words.

csr
12-10-2004, 12:57 PM
I'd have to agree with TG... anything that is "kink" is not vanilla, including polyamory.

...For example vanila sex would be misionary position lights off only on saturdays, Once a month.Not at all... doggie style, lights on, kitchen floor = vanilla. (as long as doggie style doesn't include doggie collar! ;) )

Lots of BDSM folk around here mention having vanilla sex as part of their life as well... and it can be just as hot, imho.

petpleasureyes
12-21-2004, 04:39 AM
...as you add different toppings to your ice cream it gets more and more beyond just being vanilla. So it is the same way with vanilla sex, as you try different styles, positions, add toys, more than one partner, partners of the same sex and such, you get further and further away from the norm (if there is such a thing). It's hard to believe that in most States, oral and anal sex are still illegal...ha! But anyway, that's my take on what's vanilla sex and what's not.
slave gary

Aurelius
12-21-2004, 10:16 AM
This thread has got me worried.

Is it okay to drink vanilla flavour Diet Coke? :confused:

petpleasureyes
12-21-2004, 01:16 PM
...i think you'll be okay as long as you don't mix it with cherry Coke!
slave gary

Barton
02-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Vanilla sex is the monogamous, sexual relationship one partner has with another partner without the benefit of anything "abnormal." Some people would even consider sex toys as an abnormality. I think it depends on the toy. I think a vibrator is a vanilla toy, but a butt plug is definitely kinky.

Abby Normal did you say? Well since I know that it can't be me, it must be them who are Abby Normal. :p

GaryWilcox
02-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Not at all... doggie style, lights on, kitchen floor = vanilla. (as long as doggie style doesn't include doggie collar! ;) )

Lots of BDSM folk around here mention having vanilla sex as part of their life as well... and it can be just as hot, imho. I disagree about doggy stule being a vanilla practice.

It's clearly a gateway position. :cool:

Mobius
02-20-2005, 09:10 PM
I disagree about doggy stule being a vanilla practice.

It's clearly a gateway position. :cool:

The doggie style a gateway position? Your saying that it is an aborint practice? That it leads to such repubnant practices as:
the oral sex?
the anal sex?
the wearing of sexy garters and heals?

If it is bring it on baby!

truckinnhorsin
03-06-2005, 08:55 PM
oral and anal are illegal in most states? oh shit. i think im gunna cancel all my traveling plans -getting worried- hrm. we need a list so us travelers can be careful, especially if were traveling with a companion.

gateway position?? hmm... idk... well yea i guess so, after all its a really good one to get spanked in, so then leading to more punishment.. pain.. S/m.. then D/s .. yea i'll buy it. -note to self, include more doggie style-

anyways.. yea the ice cream explanation hasalways been my favorite explanation of vanilla community vs other communities.

Teni