PDA

View Full Version : A Kneeling Question

kingzing
04-07-2010, 03:44 PM
I have a question about kneeling positions. I have tried kneeling several times, but I have not experienced the discomfort many people speak of (something I am interested in experiencing). I have been kneeling on a carpeted floor. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, or the positions I have been trying are not meant for discomfort? Can anyone give me any positions that would cause at least minimal discomfort?

denuseri
04-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Well...lol...I never kneel with the intention of cuasing myself discomfort in and of itself. Though on different occassions I have had to kneel in not so comfortable positions for training purposes, or simply becuase it "pleases" someone lol.

A lot of people from places where kneeling is common, dont get very sore from it. If anything I ussually see questions on how to kneel without undue discomfort.

The main issue as with any "positional" bondage is avoiding harm to the body while promoting the training paramater or achieveing the desired result.

Something really simple one can do is to kneel on rice.

One short duration training tool that was used with me before in the past that was kinda fun was:

With your hands bound behind your back.... you can kneel with an allmost empty wine glass that has a plastic cover on it with a hole in the middle, on the floor in front of you about 12 -24 inches away from your knees. Inside the glass is a bell with a string coming out of the hole that you must hold in your mouth, the bell must not get any wine on it nor the sound of its striking the glass be heard, not to mention tipping the glass over... or you will be punnished. The string isnt long enough for you to kneel with your back completely straightened, in fact you must lean forward at an angle (your dominant can mark the floor or have you on a thin sheet which will wrinkle, or have flour spread on the floor in front of you) to see if you cheat.

FrgnSwtc
04-08-2010, 12:42 AM
With your hands bound behind your back.... you can kneel with an allmost empty wine glass that has a plastic cover on it with a hole in the middle, on the floor in front of you about 12 -24 inches away from your knees. Inside the glass is a bell with a string coming out of the hole that you must hold in your mouth, the bell must not get any wine on it nor the sound of its striking the glass be heard, not to mention tipping the glass over... or you will be punnished. The string isnt long enough for you to kneel with your back completely straightened, in fact you must lean forward at an angle (your dominant can mark the floor or have you on a thin sheet which will wrinkle, or have flour spread on the floor in front of you) to see if you cheat.

You always amaze me denu, this is probably the most uncomfortable kneeling exercise I've read about.
Whatever suggestion I might make would pitifully pale in comparison.

denuseri
04-08-2010, 07:25 AM
lol Thanks FS,,,but thats not my invention..I am not the Evil Bitch of a Domme who came up with it to test and disipline submissives under her tutelage in The House, so the only credit I can take is for having had to endure it with some other girls before while she and the first girl stalked around us with their crops.

All I can say is there are other ones that are worse and variations abound.

If one uses their imagination and is saftey conscious I am sure one can figure something out in this regard that will work for them.

FrgnSwtc
04-08-2010, 06:02 PM
lol Thanks FS,,,but thats not my invention..I am not the Evil Bitch of a Domme who came up with it to test and disipline submissives under her tutelage in The House, so the only credit I can take is for having had to endure it with some other girls before while she and the first girl stalked around us with their crops.

All I can say is there are other ones that are worse and variations abound.

If one uses their imagination and is saftey conscious I am sure one can figure something out in this regard that will work for them.

Now I understand why and how pony girl bit it...

Kneeling on beans could serve the purpose too, while resting your weight on the balls of your feet... Ice cubes would fit nicely, placed against the feet...
(where the hell did that come from!!)

kingzing
04-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Well...lol...I never kneel with the intention of cuasing myself discomfort in and of itself. Though on different occassions I have had to kneel in not so comfortable positions for training purposes, or simply becuase it "pleases" someone lol.

A lot of people from places where kneeling is common, dont get very sore from it. If anything I ussually see questions on how to kneel without undue discomfort.

The main issue as with any "positional" bondage is avoiding harm to the body while promoting the training paramater or achieveing the desired result.

Something really simple one can do is to kneel on rice.

One short duration training tool that was used with me before in the past that was kinda fun was:

Wow, you have a really mean dom lol. I know that it is an unusual request, but I don't want to cause bodily harm, I am interested in experimenting with different positions and their effects whether comfortable or uncomfortable.

Whatever suggestion I might make would pitifully pale in comparison.

I hope you will reconsider, I am totally open to all suggestions

fetishdj
04-13-2010, 04:06 AM
It comes down to flexibility - how flexible your tendons and ligamints are. Some people have stiff tendons that do not take to kneeling well, not for long periods. Others have more flexible ones. Kneeling is not really supposed to be an uncomfortable exercise, however (in fact, when subs complain of pain during the tasking soc kneeling tasks I usually tell them that the goal is not the pain and they should find a way to kneel without discomfort). Usually we kneel because it is a submissive position and sometimes it is because it is a position that presents certain parts of your body for access or display (especially some of the gorean positions - at least one of them is designed to present the breasts).

Rice is VERY painful. I warn you now so you know... I have also seen tasks where the sub is expected to kneel on stone or concrete (equally nasty) or in something horrible like dog poo. Sometimes discomfort can be created by the position of the arms - for example, holding them out to the side with something balanced in the hands or held behind the back in a 'tied' position. Same applies to kneeling against a wall with a coin pressed to the wall with your nose.

Basically, I would be grateful that you can kneel comfortably (unlike many) and hope like hell a Domme never tells you to do any of the above or that you never meet Den's old Domme :)

13'sbadkitty
04-13-2010, 05:46 PM
lol, or you can wait till your like 40 something and there you go...;)

kingzing
04-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Basically, I would be grateful that you can kneel comfortably (unlike many) and hope like hell a Domme never tells you to do any of the above or that you never meet Den's old Domme :)

I will be, and I really hope I never meet her, no offense denuseri.

lol, or you can wait till your like 40 something and there you go...;)

Thanks, Ill keep that in mind :p

I just want to thank everyone for their responses. I have learned quite a bit from this conversation, I really appreciate everyone's input.

wife mom slave
04-14-2010, 05:56 AM
I have also heard that kneeling on pencils is not very comfy also.

If you want other positions that are uncomfortable to hold for long I have a few for you. not sure if this is what you are looking for, but thought I would share them. These are some of the positions that Master has me practice every day. There are also different variations on these positions also. Just do a google search on gorean positions.

Half Bow:
Starting from kneeling you are to lean back aching over until the top of your head rests on the ground as you look behind, your hands slightly out to each side of your thighs with the palms up, your whole bottom half stays in nadu ( kneeling), it can be a rather painful position to hold properly for any real long length of time but it is a very sexy position.

Full Bow:
or (Gorean bow) From the half bow you move your hands up and back palms on the floor to either side of your head elbows pointed in the direction you are facing away from. your knees and pull up with your tummy slowly rising up your back arched acutely on your hands and feet into the shape of a bow,this position is more difficult to hold then the half bow and is sometimes used as a punishment position. It is very much like a back bend. It is very hard to hold, if you want uncomfortable, this is it. lol.

Reverse Bow:
lay on your belly, reach back and grab your ankles and pull arching your back until only your belly and lower chest are touching the floor, your hips and thighs should not touch the ground. This is also used as punishment, it is hard to hold for long.

enjoy! :)

denuseri
04-14-2010, 10:18 AM
For that matter I included in the following thread (starting at about post #20) I made a list of the 48 positions/with discriptions that my Owner has me keep familiar with, that you may or may not find helpful>

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15978

kingzing
04-14-2010, 07:15 PM
For that matter I included in the following thread (starting at about post #20) I made a list of the 48 positions/with discriptions that my Owner has me keep familiar with, that you may or may not find helpful>

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15978

Wow, thanks, I have seen some of these scattered across the internet, but I have never seen them all together at once, let alone explained so well. I really appreciate the work that went into writing up and posting them.

norton
04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
My goal is to have her kneel in a comfortable position that she can maintain and concentrate without being in pain or distracted. Some padding under the ankles seems to do the trick. There is a type of cushion designed to sit in bed watching tv that works really well.