PDA

View Full Version : Icon, tag, etc. key?

longrover
11-07-2004, 11:08 AM
The forums use a bunch of icons, some of which are defined at the bottom of a forum page or the bottom of the message windows. What, for example, do the various colored dots next to sender's names on postings mean? How are tags like newbie, member, etc. assigned (I understand administrative tags like moderator :D )?

Is there be a sticky thread (or something else) somewhere that defines such things? If so, I missed it and apologize for taking up space with this. If not, could one be created?

Thanks!

coy
11-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Hiya Longrover

*clears her throat* lemme take a stab at this....

The color dots next to a poster's name is their status... whether they're 'online in the forums'

The tags "newbie, member, ect." are set by either post counts or by you. Mine is currently set to 'curiously coy' by me. The way to change them is to pop into your User CP (User Control Panel) and enter in the desired title in the appropriate spot.

I hope I've helped a lil bit .... and hope I've not stepped on any toes in the process...

BDSM_Tourguide
11-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Much of this is explained in the FAQ, actually.

Also, the little dots by everyone's name... If you hover your mouse pointer over them for a second, they instantly become self-explanatory.

As for the user titles, the forums has a set of user titles based on the number of posts the user has made. However, a user may also select their own title by editing their profile.

And again, this is explained when you open your User CP and select the Edit Profile options.

longrover
11-07-2004, 03:17 PM
The forums use a bunch of icons, ...
I knew there had to be something simple enough for me to understand :o !

Somehow, I've never picked up the hover-the-cursor-over-the-whatever behavior and it's probably obvious that I'm a charter member of the "When all else fails, read the instructions" Club.

Thanks!