PDA

View Full Version : What's with the site tonight?

erotic_nibbles
11-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Is it just me or is the slight slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww as molasses in the cold tonight?

Is there a problem?...I've never had this happen before
~~nibbles~~

Chuckdom19
11-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Is it just me or is the slight slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww as molasses in the cold tonight?

Is there a problem?...I've never had this happen before
~~nibbles~~

Maybe the electrons in Alaska are too cold to move faster? :D

coy
11-10-2004, 02:05 PM
it does seem to be a bit on the slow side... down here in Florida

erotic_nibbles
11-10-2004, 06:26 PM
it does seem to be a bit on the slow side... down here in Florida

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......ty Coy for saying so...and for being from Florida!.....see chksng19?....It is a site thing...I'm not frigid afterall!....lmao
~~nibbles~~

Chuckdom19
11-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......ty Coy for saying so...and for being from Florida!.....see chksng19?....It is a site thing...I'm not frigid afterall!....lmao
~~nibbles~~

Hah! Lmao as well.

Y'see, the hurricanes this year, in their rush to destroy all the Republican-voting counties, the state was so, ahem, "polarized", the electrons got confused with elections and all are slowed down so the Florida voting populace can understand.

Notice most of the states where we have real winters were 'blue', non-polarized, so the electrons (little fluff-headed blonde things that they are) don't get confused and everything runs well.
(snicker)
chksng

erotic_nibbles
11-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Hah! Lmao as well.

Y'see, the hurricanes this year, in their rush to destroy all the Republican-voting counties, the state was so, ahem, "polarized", the electrons got confused with elections and all are slowed down so the Florida voting populace can understand.

Notice most of the states where we have real winters were 'blue', non-polarized, so the electrons (little fluff-headed blonde things that they are) don't get confused and everything runs well.
(snicker)
chksng

Sheesh politics again :(....personally, I'm proud to live in state that was solid red.....nuff said
~~nibbles~~

Sorry chksng....that was catty of me and I know you meant it to be funny...I'm just getting tired of politics is all....please don't hold it against me

BDSM_Tourguide
11-10-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm just getting tired of politics is all....please don't hold it against me

So am I. Especially on this BDSM forum.

Curtis
11-10-2004, 10:46 PM
But the site HAS been running slowly. For 4+ hours tonight it was at a virtual (term used advisedly) standstill.

Xelebes
11-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Maybe the electrons in Alaska are too cold to move faster? :D

Um... don't electrons move faster in the cold? It's nuclei that move slower in cold.

Curtis
11-26-2004, 06:43 PM
We're talking Brownian motion, right? My understanding is that electrons are less likely to roam at lower temperatures (ie. the 'sea' of electrons tends to settle back down into its lowest-energy-state shells, thereby turning ions into molecules). On the other hand, you have the phenomenon of super-conductivity, which is more likely to occur at lower temperatures...hmm.

Fucked if I know!

BDSM_Tourguide
11-26-2004, 08:02 PM
From what we learned in Chemistry in college, if I remember correctly, superconductivity at extremely low temperatures works like this:

At incredibly low temperature electron movement slows down to nil as you approach absulte zero. This causes electron latices to form in symmetry and makes it easier for them to carry a charge. More efficiently, I guess, not necessarily more easily.

Thus at lower temperature states, it is easier to conduct electricity through highly conductive metals (gold, platinum, etc.), because the electrons aren't moving as much.

However, since it's been ten years since I sat in a classroom, this could all be pulled right out of my ass.

veru_skjava
11-26-2004, 08:15 PM
From what we learned in Chemistry in college, if I remember correctly, superconductivity at extremely low temperatures works like this:

At incredibly low temperature electron movement slows down to nil as you approach absulte zero. This causes electron latices to form in symmetry and makes it easier for them to carry a charge. More efficiently, I guess, not necessarily more easily.

Thus at lower temperature states, it is easier to conduct electricity through highly conductive metals (gold, platinum, etc.), because the electrons aren't moving as much..

Heavens if i know, but love listening to You and Curtis talk ;)

HI Curtis!!! *waves my arms from a distance*

However, since it's been ten years since I sat in a classroom, this could all be pulled right out of my ass.

*Giggels lots*

You crack me up TG Sir.

veru
taking a break for a bit from real time concerns

Edited to apologize for hijacking the thread. :)

erotic_nibbles
11-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Heavens if i know, but love listening to You and Curtis talk ;)

HI Curtis!!! *waves my arms from a distance*

*Giggels lots*

You crack me up TG Sir.

veru
taking a break for a bit from real time concerns

Edited to apologize for hijacking the thread. :)

veru...may I call you veru? :)......I started this thread and as far as I'm concerned hijack away! :)....I'm enjoying the way this has just turned and gone it's own way from me simply commenting that the site was really slowwwwwww for me one night......I've been laughing at the electron/neutron debate and it's wayyyy over my head ;) .....I also get a kick out of reading Curtis' and TG's posts

So please take breaks more often and toss your random comments in my threads!...I don't mind and would enjoy the fun :)
~~nibbles~~

Curtis
11-26-2004, 09:53 PM
So then, since we have permission, Hi Veru! I saw that you'd made another brief stopover to respond to one of Tg's inquiries, but this one seems to indicate that you're really back. (PM if you want to talk about Malta.)

Based on Tg's analysis, it would seem that we have two reasons to believe that the electrons flow more slowly in Alaska, on top of anecdotal evisence from our frozen correspondent.

I'd say that's case closed. :thinkerg:

Jill Bird
11-30-2004, 02:25 PM
where are the photos ? there is no heading now for the photos section.

BDSM_Tourguide
11-30-2004, 04:32 PM
where are the photos ? there is no heading now for the photos section.

Why was this question put here? There's a thread specifically for the Photo Library directly below this one.

To answer your question: Click here. (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28455&postcount=19)

Dngnkeeper
12-03-2004, 01:04 PM
HMMMM

Seems that the spelling checker is in the fritz to day. At least fot me.

Also Forums and Topics are marked as read when I haven't. HMMMM

Hope its Jinn updating.

Anyone else having this problum or is it just me?

Curtis
12-04-2004, 02:14 AM
I notice that, right at the moment, my '[IMG code] is ON', but when I was here a couple of hours ago, it was 'OFF'. Since I have no idea what [IMG code] is, does it make any difference if it blinks on and off? And could that have anything to do with why some people are getting SpelChek errors?