PDA

View Full Version : Review idea

Chuckdom19
11-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Is there a way a reviewer could be automatically notified when the writer has a response to the comment?

Many of the responses are worth reading, much more than the "thanks for reviewing" basics. Sadly, unless the story is continued, you never know what has been said unless you specifically go back to each story weeks later to check.

I don't know if it's possible, but it might encourage more reviewers if they knew the comment was appreciated.

jaeangel
11-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Is there a way a reviewer could be automatically notified when the writer has a response to the comment?
Yeah, that would be nice...*looks hopefully at The Great Jinn*

Curtis
11-08-2004, 06:39 PM
That makes three of us. I suggested this quite a while ago. I seem to remember that the response was, "Not sure I understand the need for this."

Chuckdom19
11-08-2004, 08:03 PM
That makes three of us. I suggested this quite a while ago. I seem to remember that the response was, "Not sure I understand the need for this."

Do you think the above description is sufficient to explain the need? I feel sure more people would rate if they knew it was responded to.

chksng

Curtis
11-08-2004, 10:09 PM
About reviews (and reviewers) {July 15, 2003}

Hi, Jinn. I've run into a couple of annoyances lately, so I'm suggesting some other things for you to put at the end of your "to do" list.

1) When someone writes a reply to a review, could a notice be sent notifying the reviewer? I just checked on a review I wrote a few days ago and was surprised to see that the author had replied to it. I never would have known if I wasn't there on some other matter (this is the first time I've ever gone back to look at one of my reviews -- who knows how many others have been replied to?).
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Jinn

To Curtis:

1. It's already on my to do list
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I was wrong. The thing he didn't see the need for was my third request in that same post. Sorry, Jinn.

As you can see, this has been on his to do list for a very long time. I think you described your request quite well. Either it gets moved up his list or it doesn't.

spike
11-09-2004, 12:26 AM
If you click on your name where you have reviewed something, you get to a page where you can get to a page :rolleyes: which lists all your reviews and responses to them. Bookmark that page. Then you only have to remember to go to one place to find if there are any responses. You also get to frequently review your reviews. :D

Spike (good deed for the day)

Chuckdom19
11-09-2004, 05:58 AM
If you click on your name where you have reviewed something, you get to a page where you can get to a page :rolleyes: which lists all your reviews and responses to them. Bookmark that page. Then you only have to remember to go to one place to find if there are any responses. You also get to frequently review your reviews. :D

Spike (good deed for the day)

A good deed for sure. Thanks, Spike! You get a gold star on your report card for that one.

Tiger
11-14-2004, 10:11 AM
I have added the email notification for new reply to reviewer. Please let me know if you see any problem. Thanks.

Curtis
11-14-2004, 10:56 AM
And thank you, O Jinn the wise and powerful!