PDA

View Full Version : Question on BDSM Toys

VaAugusta
05-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I have some very specific questions regarding BDSM toys and their effectiveness. Not all toys are created equal, some may look similar, but have differing effects. I'm not looking for exactly how a single tail compares to a flogger, but more of how the differences in the material components of the toys changes their effectiveness. I have a strong appeal to the visual aspects of some things, and I understand that others feel similarly. There may be submissives who find themselves perhaps not the greatest of masochists, but still enjoy the symbolic and visual aphrodisiac that a whip can bring. This is why I have created this thread. I am interested in making my own toys, and I would like a bit of variety in the exact effectiveness of them.

To give a better example of what I'm looking for: Someone had told me that if you create a flogger out of Teflon, that it looks menacing, sounds menacing, but is in fact not that painful.

I'm looking for helpful tips like this. I understand physics like, P=F/A and all that good stuff. So any tips and tricks to increasing/decreasing pain, noise, other things we look for in a good product would be appreciated! Thanks!

WyldWyl
05-09-2010, 04:13 AM
I'm not sure about teflon, but if you're looking for a lighter form of flogger, fine deerhide, horsehair or seude are all good options, if slightly different to each other.

WolfLeader
05-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Speaking of floggers the width of the tail will make a difference. A wider tail will give more thud and noise. Thinner tails will have more bite . Deer skin is a great medium for a warm-up flogger. Elk and buffalo then bull hide in order of less to more intense . You can also cut the ends of the tails in different angles and shapes to get a variety of sensations. Also you can tie beads on the ends if you want more hurt out of it.

Just experiment and use your imagination you might come up with the next big thing.

denuseri
05-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Another thing one may try as an alternative; which doesn't require changing what any paticular "toy" is made of persay, is to simpley wield the lash or whip what have you...with a lighter hand.

Odysseus
05-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Another thing one may try as an alternative; which doesn't require changing what any paticular "toy" is made of persay, is to simpley wield the lash or whip what have you...with a lighter hand.

and here I thought.. it mattered WHO wielded the toy...as much as the actual sting that you received by it.

chuckles. Certainly the width and the material matter. But so does the flick of the wrist. So does WHERE you are being whacked. The frequency. The duration.

the flogger itself is merely the instrument. It still has to be USED effectively to make the event ......................memorable

-Odysseus

DomBob
05-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Get some new bicycle innertubes and wash them, then cut them into 2 ft sections. Roll up the end and un-roll like a condom onto a wooden dowel for the handle. Repeat with the second one.

Use scissors to cut the free end into lashes. This will give you a long, rubber whip that is very light and stingy for lots of whipping without much damage. Good for warm-ups and genital play. Too much use will cause the cuts for the lashes to travel up the rubber and into the handle. Wrap the end with a strap, twine or thongs.

I just found some videos of the FemaleDom variety where they use among other things are slippers. Properly used, they were reddening the bottoms of some pretty big guys. This might be the time to get some leather slippers or "Rainbow" flip-flops.

Dont be afraid to look for hair-brushes or long-handled bath brushes that can be used. (There is something Romantic about a woman using her hair-brush to gently and completely reduce a daughter to blubbering tears with the application of her wooden brush to the backside.) But be aware that wood is very hard and can raise bruises without much effort.

One dom showed us a keychain whip that someone had made for her out of a heavy rubber welcome mat. It was cut into 8 inch length and twice as wide as needed. Then it was folded over and one end was riveted to make a handle. The rubber grooves on the other end were carefully cut to make lashes. This sounds simple but it created a very heavy rubber whip that would make some spectacular welts.

At a discount tool store I found a bunch of solid wood hammer handles for about $2/each. I bought several with the idea of using them for whip handles, but never got around to using them.

There used to be some books on home-made bondage toys. I also started another thread about garage sale finds that can be used for D/S play. This weekend I found:

- Old, very big candles that would be perfect for wax-play
- Wooden stool that could have a toy attached for penetration play.

Hope these ideas help.

bored_horny
06-08-2010, 03:44 PM
I've made a few items, but is there anywhere that supplies really decent quality toys?

Beardy
06-18-2010, 04:29 AM
I agree vaaugusta we have two cat o nines. One hurts alot.... the other barely tickles!