PDA

View Full Version : marks and bruising

singletaillover
06-09-2010, 04:56 PM
hi there here is my question mainly aimed at female Dommes sub/slaves. Since i have gone through having the menopause my marks and bruising disappear on the same day which is a bummer to me, as i like seeing the marks and bruising to last for a week or two. Before having the menopause they would last for maybe a week to two weeks is this because of my age, been through the menopause or something else. I hope somebody can help me with this, before anybody asks why do i like to see the bruising and marks to last longer its because i am a pain slut/slave to Master

snowflake
06-09-2010, 07:58 PM
i only wish i knew the answer to this .. maybe time to research it .. i thought i was the only one .. funny though older woman usually bruise easier .. but not me.. even when i bash myself on a door or something the marks do not come out .. sighs ,,near sickening if you ask me ..i can't even carry a bruise anymore let alone have some one that truly wants me .. hugs hun i hope you do find an answer..

my opinion
snow

snowflake
06-09-2010, 08:32 PM
ok i did some research and don't claim to be right here .. but it does say that if you eat/drink more anti toxins it can stop bruising or the severity of it.. such as tea garlic ginger vitamin C .. i know i drink more tea now and eat a lot more garlic as i know it is good for me..

Also over time you can cause what they call hardening .. sort of like you play volleyball and you serve with the same forearm over time it won;t bruise and even if there is a mark it won;t last long...

It is not much to go on.. but our chemicals do change over time especially through menopause that that may be the reason.. but also by this time in our lives if we have endured a lot of bruising .. we may have done it to much which has caused the hardening ..

i am no doctor and do not have a lot of knowledge on this subject as i am just as lost as you are .. but these things i have found .. i hope someone else can come up with an answer that would be more definite //

just my opinion Hun

hugs
snow

fetishdj
06-10-2010, 01:39 AM
The main effects on wound healing (which is what this is) and the immune system with age are for them to decline. The wound healing is partly due to the effects of glycation (addition of sugar molecules to proteins over time) on proteins involved in healing (such as growth factors) and in the structure of the tissue (collagen mainly). This happens slowly over time. If you have impaired healing due to this then the bruises should last longer because it takes longer for the damaged vessels to be repaired.

As for the menopause this can affect many things but I don't think any of them are beneficial. The decline of the immune system with age is more closely linked to the adrenopause, which is decline in the function of the adrenal gland, and the increase in the ratio of cortisol/DHEA that this causes. Relatively more cortisol means a poorer immune system.

Both systems can be influenced by anti-oxidants (there is evidence that vitamin E is beneficial as an anti-oxidant in wound healing) so a healthy, balanced diet full of vitamins and the like will help keep both systems running. The last time I checked (about 5 years ago) there is a possibility that supplementation with DHEA may be beneficial in offsetting the effects of age (I did some of this research myself) but there had not been a comprehensive clinical trial.