PDA

View Full Version : Full Text Search

thinlo
11-18-2004, 08:32 AM
Hi,

have you ever thought about a full text search? Words like corset, diet, waist, etc. can be used to find stories one is interesting in. Thanks

Curtis
11-18-2004, 02:30 PM
That's a very good idea. Stupid me, I thought we already had it (goes off to look, muttering...).

Chuckdom19
11-18-2004, 04:41 PM
That's a very good idea. Stupid me, I thought we already had it (goes off to look, muttering...).

Curtis, you're not stupid. Just didn't get hit with this particular bolt of lightning.

I like the idea, too. Sometimes you remember one specific part of the story, and, when you get old like me, you don't remember "New World Order" was where the Stallion device was used. You look for Stallion, it's a different story.

Good idea!

Mobius
11-18-2004, 04:43 PM

interestingly enough google has just released a desktop search engin. You download it to your computer and over some time it searches out all the files on your computer Txt emails word docs exl ect and then you can to a full text search on your own computer.
I have over 400mbs of text storys totaly unsorted and I set up the google thing and now I can call up storys by the genera on my own machine.

As far as it sending info to google? Dont know if it does or not. Little scarry I guess but it works weather I am on line or not. I have limeted it to just my smut txt files. Since I only download legal smut I should be safe.

Chuckdom19
11-18-2004, 05:12 PM
interestingly enough google has just released a desktop search engin. You download it to your computer and over some time it searches out all the files on your computer Txt emails word docs exl ect and then you can to a full text search on your own computer.
I have over 400mbs of text storys totaly unsorted and I set up the google thing and now I can call up storys by the genera on my own machine.

As far as it sending info to google? Dont know if it does or not. Little scarry I guess but it works weather I am on line or not. I have limeted it to just my smut txt files. Since I only download legal smut I should be safe.

Macintosh has had that feature for many years. The computer uses off-times to catalogue itself word for word. Then simply using the "Find" feature, it will find all instances of the name, for example, "Throckmorton". Fast and safe.

Mobius
11-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Macintosh has had that feature for many years. The computer uses off-times to catalogue itself word for word. Then simply using the "Find" feature, it will find all instances of the name, for example, "Throckmorton". Fast and safe.

Windows has what they call a search feture also but it is clunky and doesnt work wellat all.

chromedome11
11-18-2004, 06:37 PM
have you ever thought about a full text search? Words like corset, diet, waist, etc. can be used to find stories one is interesting in. Thanks

I just use Google to search the library. I go to advanced search, type in what I'm looking for, and specify the site www.bdsmlibrary.com.

I'd like to see a text search as part of this site as well, but until then Google solves the problem nicely.