PDA

View Full Version : Awesome new layout

davesmistress
06-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I think the new layout is awesome.

rosebud
06-27-2010, 12:24 PM
WoW!! i agree...i always thought this was the Best BDSM site on the internet,
and even more-so now! It looks Great! Very well done!

Dick the Slaver
06-27-2010, 01:33 PM
New looks nice.:d

DontBother
06-27-2010, 02:15 PM
I think the new design stinks havoc!

Please change back!

thepast
06-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah, the new layout definitely looks sexy, fixes many of the little "annoying bugs" that we had, and makes it easier on the eyes to view Forums! :) We're very excited!!

As for the notion of changing it back... hmmm... nope. Not going to change it back. It's here to stay. But thanks for the negativity after we put a lot of work into improving the site for members... Always very helpful & constructive. While I understand not everyone likes the same thing (hence why Baskin Robbins has 31 ice cream flavors), when it comes to a free internet site, you try to appeal to the masses as much as possible... so that's what we do... Sorry if there are folks that don't like it... but don't worry if you don't like it--there've been changes in the past people haven't liked & they always come around and warm up to them over time :) :)

gagged_Louise
06-27-2010, 02:26 PM
I can see it comes out sexy in the right light, but the dark-blood typography against a jet black background has some drawbacks when you're not sitting at a widescreen monitor or simply in daytime light. It can come out muddy on many kinds of screens, frankly it's hard to read which it wasn't before. I'd really like a few alternate colour themes, please - vBulletin has that option if it's allowed by the site.

thepast
06-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Let me re-iterate: This is the skin we have chosen, this is the skin we are keeping. This is the layout we've chosen, this is the layout we're keeping. We aren't adding in user-choice options.

While everyone has their own opinion on what THEY like... we have a site of tens of thousands of people, so we choose one, we stick with it, and that be that.

We are, again, VERY excited about the new look & the upgrades that we did along with it-- there are a lot of things that are enhancing the site! :) :)

maristar
06-27-2010, 03:03 PM
It all looks really great, and like you said i know you aren't going to change it but there are certain things, for me anyway which just quite frankly i can't see or read it and it's annoying.
On a few bits the dark red is hard to see, but more so on the visitor messages box, the Bold italic and underlining well you can't see it at all unless you hover over it, not sure if you are still in the process of changing it, but a lot on the visitor message bit is hard to see, and also if a topic has more than one page it's hard to see that grey.
But otherwise i really love the new layout.. thanks! :) x

thepast
06-27-2010, 03:19 PM
fucktoy--
Hmm... we have viewed it on 3 different browsers, 6 different computers, no massive problem with seeing them--it's simply a little "light" depending on your screen resolution & darkness, but it isn't something that's an overwhelming issue... we'll add it to the "tweak" list of things to explore once we've settled the bigger issues down. Thanks!

maristar
06-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Okay brill thanks :) yeah it isn't a major thing, just wanted to let you know xx

davesmistress
06-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Hummm I must be on a different site...hahaha my lettering is white on the black back ground and I can see it all ok....The only thing I have noticed is the slight overlapping in the post boxes.

I want Tiger to put this same thing on SSP but maybe in a grey/red or blue/Red color.

thepast
06-27-2010, 03:42 PM
I want Tiger to put this same thing on SSP but maybe in a grey/red or blue/Red color.

Red & Blue... you can sing national anthems all day! ;-)

davesmistress
06-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Hhahhha OK

danman7
06-27-2010, 05:55 PM
I like the new layout. It looks good and I'm not having much trouble reading it. One question, when I look at threads where pictures are posted, there aren't any thumbnails any longer and when I click on one, a new tab opens to display it. Is there some setting(s) that can bring back the original functionality?

Also, I do feel compelled to make one comment. As an information security professional, I'm very dismayed that you appear to be pushing everyone to Internet Explorer, stating that other browsers aren't fully compatible. I use Firefox with several plugins such as NoScript, specifically to protect myself from many of the Javascript based attacks that proliferate the internet. Pushing people to IE is quite simply a bad idea. And no, I'm not an Apple fanboy or a Linux geek, I use Windows, but I take appropriate steps to make it less likely to be subjected to a successful malicious attack. Please reconsider whatever is breaking the Firefox functionality.

Torq
06-27-2010, 06:15 PM
OK, Folks,

We are NOT pushing ANYONE to I.E. it was simply stated that depending on your browser I.E. would probaly work the best!!!

FYI: Approx. 90% of our members do use I.E. as their browser.

Google Chrome AND Firefox both work with the site and we are STILL working out the kinks/tweaks that are needed with ALL the browsers!

PATIENCE PLEASE FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition to chatters I.E. does indeed work the best with the Java based chat we use, does FF work YES!!! May not have all the bells an whistles,but it does work!

Again PATIENCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a HUGE change over it takes TIME!!!!!

Be Well
T

sdgirl
06-27-2010, 11:16 PM
I like the new look. It's very sexy.

And I'm not having any difficulty reading it.

Like the song says, you can't please everyone....

xspy4u
06-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Damn free website should offer a refund to users unhappy with the new design :) Looks great to me...appreciate your time and effort and giving me a place to showcase my writing.

Torq
06-29-2010, 04:26 AM
OK Folks,

We WILL get one thing VERY clear here, this thread will NOT be a debate over operating issues of the site at present times.

Please see Post #15,,,

I will say AGAIN ,,,,,,PATIENCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we know there are "tweak" issues with different browsers HOWEVER,, oddly enough many folks on Firefox, Macs, Linux Etc are experiencing NO ISSUES!!!

AM I SHOUTING ,,,YES,,, Why because folks today don't seem to listen or bother to read if ya don't

AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, PATIENCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

When ya change over a large site like this it TAKES TIME, as I have mentioned NUMBEROUS times

PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Staff here is working day & night to work out the "bugs" RELAX!

One last thing, It's AMAZING to me how folks like to take their personal issues and blame the site and it's operation for them, well I have had ENOUGH!! At present we now have 1 member Banned for his comments and 3 more on Final Warnings,,ENOUGH!!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM,,,,,, Great, Repeated whining, statements of "this Sucks", etc,etc,etc ENOUGH!!

Every post from every Staff member has said in it Patience or "hang in there" We are still working on it, RELAX!

Please do not "Debate" this post my PATIENCE is wearing THIN!

Be Well
T

thepast
06-29-2010, 07:59 AM
And to re-iterate YET AGAIN, since Torq's post apparently wasn't clear enough to those who want to continue the debate via PM: THERE IS NO DEBATE TO BE HAD. PERIOD. I posted when we first put up the new lay out that WE WERE WORKING THROUGH THE PROBLEMS. For some reason, that didn't stop the complaining... WE ARE WORKING THROUGH THE PROBLEMS STILL. I noted we would tell you when we were done... HAVE SOME PATIENCE. We used to take the site down for 4-5-6 days while doing an upgrade SPECIFICALLY to avoid this bitching problem. However, this time we figured a nice, simple post would let folks know that there are still issues being worked through. *Apparently* for some of you... hmmm... no.

We RECOMMEND you use Internet Explorer for the best viewing of the site. But I don't give a flying FUCK what operating system you use OR what browser you use--YOU CAN USE WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT TO USE!!!!! HOWEVER: WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THE DISINTEGRATION OF A GREAT RE-FURB BY PEOPLE WHO INSIST ON POSTING ABOUT BROWSER WARS. DO THAT ELSEWHERE. I don't give a shit what you think about IE or Windows or Microsoft. TOO BAD. If you hate it THAT MUCH, and you CAN'T STAND IT, and you think that the ENTIRE WORLD is coming to an end, then I suggest you take yourself elsewhere: your whining is not tolerated here anymore.

Mac Users: Yes, we know most of you use Safari. So far, that seems to work better than anything else on Macs, but some the Macs are definitely still "randomizing" some of the pages. However, other Mac users are experiencing no problems at all. We have it on the issue list, we'll work through the problem. Have some patience please.

10% of your people take 90% of your time. In the case of this site, it's the SAME SHIT EVERY SINGLE TIME WE DO ANYTHING to improve the site: the people who don't substantively contribute jack shit to the site come out of the woodwork & start whining about anything & everything. You know what? It's GETTING OLD. If you are a substantive contributor & you don't like the new layout because there's a function missing or a problem w/posting, let me know. If you are a pain in the ass that simply likes to get your rocks off by being negative & pissing and moaning, keep it to yourself.

There is a way to say "Hey, Admins, um, _______________ isn't working" in an EFFECTIVE, POLITE, RESPECTFUL way. There have been many that have already mentioned issues in this manner via PM... and many folks we have already been working with on various issues. What we will NOT tolerate is the bitchy complaining & the attitudes that come along with it. When we tell you we're ready to get a list of the remaining issues (NOT YET!) bring us the issues, check the attitude at the door. It facinates the hell out of me how some people get along in the real world given the attitudes & rudeness they display here. We are not chumps, we are not stupid, we are not ignorant, we are NOT ignoring "your problems." We are simply working through them, one at a time in an efficient manner. But, again, we will NOT tolerate the "attitude" that is being given by various people.

The staff on this site DONATE their time to make this site a great place to be, and to keep it running. We ALL have r/l jobs and r/l responsibilities outside of this site. I know, for some of you, that might be a hard concept to wrap your head around-- you just can't seem to understand that there aren't 20 dedicated minions working 24/7 on the site to work out every single solitary "bug" so that your entire time on the site is seamless & amazing. We do the best job we can for the majority of people the majority of the time... but we aren't puppeteers and we aren't magicians.

The VAST majority of folks are able to get in, post, and navigate. For those that can't, and are hell bent on using another browser or operating system, for right now, you might be shit out of luck. For those that can't post or navigate and are using IE/Windows, there either is an issue w/your cookies still being locked into the old system, or there potentially could be another problem... We are still working through some odds and ends on the issue list, and continue to finish getting some of the quirks fixed (for instance, the smilies, a lot of which *poofed* in the re-furb).

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN QUIET, SUPPORTIVE, OR JUST WANT THE SCREAMING TO STOP: We're almost there. Thanks for hanging in there. And we hope you like the new look.

Ozme52
06-29-2010, 08:50 AM
I think the new design stinks havoc!

One man's odor is another's aroma.

Besides, do you even own any tech that can be replaced new without an upgrade?
Welcome to the Information Age.

My only issue is I've lost my super-Mod user powers.

Ozme52
06-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Whatcha mean?

I never had any super-Mod user powers in the first place?

dammit! ;)

MMI
06-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I don't bother to read when people shout ... so I stopped at about message 20. We're not communicating anymore, but I don't see that as my loss.

Anyway, I LIKE the new layout. Was that a little loud? Sorry!

denuseri
06-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Me too I think its grand!

LovesKink
06-29-2010, 02:21 PM
wow it makes my puter look cool! \m/ ^_^\m/

rosebud
06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
i agree, i think it looks great!!
Well done and thx!

xx

Razor7826
06-29-2010, 03:58 PM
I think it looks great, but are there any plans to re-enable the Thanks system, or thumbnails of attached images?

skittish doe
06-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Hey Admins, ummm.... I like this site and I appreciate your hard work. Furthermore, thank you for giving us a free site to explore our kinks.

Have a great day!

sera
06-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Love the new look, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the reply screens on my iPhone. No IE for the iPhone, of course, so does anyone have a browser/app suggestion? Feel free to just PM it - thanks! :)

JimmyJump
07-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Cool layout. Though I'm a tad worried about the story section. Let's wait and see how things develop... Anyway, so far, so good...

angelic.zest
07-05-2010, 02:12 AM
I also like the way it looks!

Never thought of describing the layout as sexy, but sexy works!!! Lol

Jennifer Williams
07-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I think the new site is beautiful, and from having computer-geek friends I know how much work it takes to get things to just plain work, forget work smoothly. So thank you for all you do for us- this place changes a lot of people's lives, for the better, and we owe you much.

I think it looks great, but are there any plans to re-enable the Thanks system, or thumbnails of attached images?

I have to agree that I do miss the thanking feature < : ( . It was one more way to spread camaraderie among us. I have no idea if it is in the plans for it to come back; I just thought I'd say it is the one thing I miss. But from having not been able to log on for a few days and realizing how deprived I felt, I am happy to have such a beautiful site at all *hugs*.

VoiceOfTheMaster
07-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Hello

I am new here, and I have just registered on here through IE instead of Firefox (My prefered browser).

There is a major problem on the registeration screen on Firefox. All the boxes are overlapping each other and also it is very impossible to know which box relates to which part because the actual text isn't lined up together.

If I was not interested in joining here and reading posts by other members here. I would have just moved.

I would make the suggustion that for visitors that you allow the change of skin from the current version to at least the default version that comes with the board. This should enable new members to register on here without having to opt for IE.

Thanks

Torq
07-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Follow up folks,,,,,MOST all browsers IE, Firefox, even Macs normally work fine with our new layout IF!!! you have the latest version on your computer.

For some odd reason the "older" versions of the browsers seem to have "issues",,however once a members updates their browser all "issues" seem to disappear.

We are still working out a few 'bugs' with the story system and a few others, smiles, thanks, etc,,, PATIENCE PLEASE

Thanks

T

danman7
07-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Torq,

I respectfully have to differ. I have the latest version of Firefox (3.6.6), and I can definitely reproduce VoiceoftheMaster's issue. I'd be happy to send you a screen capture if you want.

Zenmackie
07-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Hello,

First of all, I really like the new design for the site - looks great. But either there are still some bugs to be worked out or the new design is not Mac-friendly.

I read all the points in the "Revitalization!" post, cleared cookies, etc., and still can't, for example, send a PM because the screen is all messed up. I know that Internet Explorer is recommended but IE for Mac is no longer supported by Microsoft, so that doesn't seem to be an option.

I realized it's still early times for the new layout, so I'm hoping things will get better soon. Thanks for all the good work, folks - this is a great site.

thepast
07-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Let's see if we can't make this EVEN clearer.

1. Use IE to run the site. Use the most updated version.
If you don't WANT to use IE, that's your choice, okay? Okay. If you want to use _______ browser, USE IT. FINE. But, neither can we go through evvvery browser option for compatability issues. It is what it is for now. If you want to be able to view the site optimally, use IE. And no, we aren't interested in 10 hours of diatribe about the evils of IE/Microsoft/etc. The only evil I care about is from Despicable Me. Short of that, deal with it.

If you don't have the most updated version of IE, you're probably experiencing glaring issues. We have seen this problem with numerous members who claim they "can't see the posts" or "can't see their profiles." Update your IE.

2. Apple Products
We realize that this means Macs, iPhones, blah blah blah are experiencing some viewing problems. YES, WE GET THAT. We're still working on a Mac option. By working on it, it means ACTIVELY WORKING ON IT. Till then, there's not much we can do for you. We're working on a solution but we're only as quick as we are.

No, we are not "anti-Apple" or whatever other nonsense people are dreaming up & sending to our PM boxes. Get over yourselves, lol. We don't have that kind of brain space nor do we care. In fact, I am the happy owner of many Apple products, kay? Kay. We simply don't have the perfect fix for you right now. And yeah, you are in the minority, so yeah, you got pushed down the priority sheet, somewhere after "fixing the site for the 90% of users."

3. The stories
Yes, we know the new submission thing isn't working great. T's still processing off the old one. But seriously, please hold the negative commentary. He's processing as fast as he can, which right now isn't that fast, since he's working 70+hrs/week and helping me with some r/l stuff. In other words, cool the heels, we're getting there, it's just taking a little more time than normal. The new submission system will hopefully be up and running eventually, but till then, T'll still process under the old one, so no need to get your feathers all fluffed out...

Whoever posted re: story length: AMEN. We hear you. We'll get that fixed w/the new submission system. But yeah, why people consider a paragraph a story, I have no idea. That didn't pass muster in my 6th grade class. And I assume most people have graduated beyond that.

4. Staff Assistance
We put out a request for staff assistance. You wouldn't BELIEVE the lack of people who applied. Now, those who have, thanks, we've got you, we're holding for a bit for a few reasons. But SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. For the amount of complaining, whining, and critiquing that goes on here, you'd think there'd be more folks willing to... oh, I dunno... GET INVOLVED and EFFECT CHANGE... at least, maybe, help out. But, alas, no. You prefer to hang out in the shadows, then come around & bitch. All right, fine. But let's consider how effective that is at really getting anything done. I realize not *everyone* has the time nor the availability to volunteer. But I can tick off a good 30-40 members who are on here 7 days a week for at least 2 hours a day who don't lend a hand. Just saying. It takes a lot more than a few people to run a site.

If I am coming off as annoyed or irritated, hey, there ya go, you are spot on. It's getting old & tiring to hear the complaining & whining. We KNOW there are issues. You think, that on a site of THOUSANDS of members, we aren't aware that Macs aren't working right, or the story submission system is still wacked out?? Yeah, we know. It's just that we can't fiddle with things 24/7, and, sometimes, we can't fiddle with them at all--it might take off-site assistance, etc, to fix them. I am not saying we need a whole lot of people to pat us on the back. But it would certainly help things if you either a.) offer to help out, or b.) say nothing, hang out, enjoy the site, meet new friends, and use the place for it's purpose: to have fun.