PDA

View Full Version : How do I even start?

ChrissyChaos.
07-01-2010, 02:23 AM
I'm interested in learning about being a Domme, how would I go about doing that?

Should I sub first? or even Google it? : )

Jennifer Williams
07-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Can I ask why you are interested in such a thing? Do you have a partner who you'd like to dominate?

ChrissyChaos.
07-01-2010, 03:21 PM
No no partner or anything. Its just something I want to try.

leah06
07-01-2010, 09:01 PM
If I understand your question, first I would suggest reading as much as possible. Not erotic stories, actual discussions from all sides of the bdsm world. Try this site, especially the parts for beginners, and other sites also. Read the wikipedia articles on bdsm and follow the links in them. Read about different implements. Read about power exchanges. Post specific questions.

After you get a sense of what's going on, try to meet real life people. Go to munches. Go to play parties. This isn't in order to meet a partner or to play around, as much as to see people in action and get a sense of what they do. Before you actually try Domming people, I'd suggest topping first, as a one-off, sensation-based experience. By that time you'll have a pretty good sense of what kind of Domme experience you are looking for.

fetishdj
07-02-2010, 01:12 AM
There is no need to sub first. I would be careful of anyone who says to you that you cannot be a Domme until you have subbed first, especially not if they suggest you be their sub. This is a classic scam for getting a 'free sub' often used by wannabe Doms and you won't necessarily learn anything abot being a Domme.

Bottoming for a while *may* help you get an idea of what sort of things you would like to do to your own subs when you get them - give you an empathy for the sub life - but is not essential. Instead, I would suggest that, after you have done all the reading and stuff mentioned above, you see if anyone is willing to help you out by letting you watch them practise and maybe help out. Best way to learn is hands on experience with supervision to make sure you don't do anything wrong. Your local munch may be the best place to find a Domme to work with on this.

You don't say if you want to be a lifestyle Domme or a Pro Domme... I think all the above assumes a lifestyle Domme.