PDA

View Full Version : New smilies

Tiger
11-21-2004, 10:09 PM
In case you haven't noticed, there are many more smilies available (more than 170 of those little icons for expressing your feelings, graphically). You can use them when you write new threads and replying posts. Let's thank BDSM_Tourguide for finding all those smilies. I hope you will find them fun to use.

:thewave:

Jinn

Pandora's Box
11-21-2004, 10:27 PM
:bravo:

LOL Some of those are great! And I can see several of them being used - especially around here. :D

Thanks TG!

BDSM_Tourguide
11-21-2004, 11:14 PM
:bravo:

LOL Some of those are great! And I can see several of them being used - especially around here. :D

Thanks TG!

Yeah. Me, too. That's why I got so many. Well, not only to give people a variety, but also for the utility of uses they should have here.

wannabeXopsed
11-21-2004, 11:33 PM
:yourock: Thanks TG these are very cool, I just love these, now so many to choose from.

T :cheerl:

learningtopleez
11-22-2004, 12:07 AM
:applaus: to you Sir :D We are not worthy :hail: But thank you anywahoo :p

Dngnkeeper
11-22-2004, 12:38 AM
With :bondage: and :fire: at the click of a mouse Tour Guide you hit a :homer:.

Thanks for all the new fun :kiss: :cheerl: :cooldude: :bravo: :goldcup:

Better :exit: before I get :scared:

Curtis
11-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Okay, I just don't get it. Where are these smilies located? My 'Posting Rules' box says that smilies are ON, and under 'Miscellaneous Options' the check box for 'Disable smilies in text' is not checked. So, where are they? All I have are seven smilies and seven other icons that can only be placed at the end of the subject line, as shown above, and only one can be used per post.

albear
11-22-2004, 02:12 AM
:thewave:

Smilies that dance! Thanks TG! :cheerl:

I can see these are going to be lots of fun! :devious:

BDSM_Tourguide
11-22-2004, 02:33 AM
Okay, I just don't get it. Where are these smilies located? My 'Posting Rules' box says that smilies are ON, and under 'Miscellaneous Options' the check box for 'Disable smilies in text' is not checked. So, where are they? All I have are seven smilies and seven other icons that can only be placed at the end of the subject line, as shown above, and only one can be used per post.

Click reply. Look to the right. There's a box labeled smilies. There's a link at the bottom of the box that says more. Click it and new window opens with all the available smilies.

Curtis
11-22-2004, 03:12 AM
There's no such box, and no link. To the right of the box that you type in, there's just a blank blue wall. Same to the left. One of the things that I don't care for in this version of vBulletin is how much wasted blank space there is.

BDSM_Tourguide
11-22-2004, 04:01 AM
There's no such box, and no link. To the right of the box that you type in, there's just a blank blue wall. Same to the left. One of the things that I don't care for in this version of vBulletin is how much wasted blank space there is.

Ahh. That clears up a few things.

Curtis, I am about to open your eyes to a part of the world you have never seen. At the top right of any forums page, click on the quick links nav menu. Select edit options from the menu. On the following screen, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and set your Message Editor Interface to Standar Editor - Extra formatting controls.

Once you have done that, then take a look at your reply box.

And if that doesn't work, then it's a Mac thing and you need to buy a real computer. LOL

spike
11-22-2004, 04:28 AM
These are very good. :bravo:

That said, I would still like some of the less outgoing emotions like :wistful: or :nostalgic: and a simple :hug: would be nice.

Spike

Oh and you have :usa: and :canada: but no :uk: or :australia: or :nederland: (all well represented here, not to mention :sweden:, :india:, :egypt: ) (oh, sorry, I did mention them :o :D )

BDSM_Tourguide
11-22-2004, 04:48 AM

That said, I would still like some of the less outgoing emotions like :wistful: or :nostalgic: and a simple :hug: would be nice.

Spike

Oh and you have :usa: and :canada: but no :uk: or :australia: or :nederland: (all well represented here, not to mention :sweden:, :india:, :egypt: ) (oh, sorry, I did mention them :o :D )

Well, to be fair, I didn't want to have too many of them. I could have easily found 500 of them for Jinn, but I thought that would be a bit over the top. Besides, he actually had the final say-so in what got kept and what got put on. He used 170 of them, but I had actually sent him closer to 200, so some didn't make the cut.

As for the national flags, don't look at me. Nobody had any UK, Australia, etc flags for use as smilies. I just got what I could find.

coy
11-22-2004, 10:20 AM
most excellent! I love smileys!

and there's a few for Eraser! :boobies2: :boobies: since he's a boob lover hehehe

Curtis
11-22-2004, 10:52 AM
:SHOCKED:
And it even explains what they mean (which I never knew before).

When I came back online this fall, the system didn't recognize me or accept my password, so I had to go through the 'assign random password' procedure (for the third time), and when I finally got in, all my personal settings had been reset to default. I changed some of them, but couldn't remember what that one did, so I didn't touch it.

I won't be able to make use of a lot of these features, because I don't understand what they do or how they work (jargon), but at least I have the option now.

Thank you.

Caine
11-22-2004, 12:46 PM
As for the national flags, don't look at me. Nobody had any UK, Australia, etc flags for use as smilies. I just got what I could find.

I've got a zip file full of flag smilies for a website I'm building that I haven't coded yet. If you or Jinn want them and want to code them, let me know and they're yours.

Gotta love this one :bowkneel:

Curtis
11-22-2004, 02:45 PM
By the way, I just tried using the "oops" smilie and got something completely different -- the :o, followed by the text 'ops'.

Chuckdom19
11-22-2004, 07:45 PM
And if that doesn't work, then it's a Mac thing and you need to buy a real computer. LOL

Now, now; no flaming other people's choice of computers.

Just because my Mac could do in 1986 what your PC couldnt' do until 1995 (and with extra software and all new programs..) is no reason to be jealous.

:nanana:

Tiger
11-22-2004, 11:19 PM
By the way, I just tried using the "oops" smilie and got something completely different -- the :o, followed by the text 'ops'.

I can see it's a bug here :o . Apparently the software process : o before : oops :. So I made some updates here. Now use Oops. :Oops:

:Oops:

Tiger
11-22-2004, 11:36 PM

Good point here. Since we can't add another set of new smilies, I decided to remove the country flags. I think it's better let people digest the other 170 smilies first :p

Finding_Fantasy
11-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Those are all awesome! I would have used one but I couldn't make up my mind which one I liked the best.

Carmenica Diaz
11-23-2004, 10:52 PM
:woman: I love them! :D especially this one. :whip2:

Thank you :eyes:

sm4hg
11-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Great! Simply GREAT! Thanks a lot TG!

*sees himself practicing on this :Peeman: all winter...* :eek:

erotic_nibbles
11-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Thank you so much Jinn and TG!.....it is so fun to have new toys...even if they are only for typing :bump:

I think this one is my favorite though....:rainbow:

Or maybe it's this one......:bj3:.....OMG she even swallows!

But then so does this guy..............:dragon:
~~nibbles~~