PDA

View Full Version : Online Domination from the Female Dominant's Perspective

serviam {PixieStick}
07-09-2010, 02:11 PM
This is a question that I would appreciate hearing answers to from any female dominants kind enough to reply. My curiosity stems from the fact that while not new to the lifestyle, I’m new here at the Library and have not had a great deal of experience with online power exchange relationships. The question is:

Can you find and/or have you found as a dominant woman, fulfillment of your dominant needs and wants in a virtual environment?

A number of Dommes I have known in real-life have told me that they would not consider an online D/s relationship because it would not come close to meeting their lifestyle needs and wants. In fact one suggested that it is the very reason that "pro-domme" internet sites exist.

I have spent a little time looking at the posts in the personals threads where dominants (primarily male Doms of course) advertise for subs. Typically, it seems that when a female dominant does post such an ad, there is usually mention of either immediate or future real-life interaction. This seems less common with male Dom ads. I have noticed the same thing on another BDSM site I recently joined.

As a male submissive, I can easily visualize how many of my submissive needs and wants could be met by a virtual D/s relationship - and even how a male Dom’s needs and wants could be easily met with an online relationship with a female sub. But lacking the insight, I wonder how it might work for the female dominant. It does seem reasonable that due to personal responsibilities and concerns, there may be female dominants who might have reason to engage in a strictly online-based relationship.

Any insights would be gratefully received.

Jennifer Williams
07-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I do think that this is a personal question that would be answered differently for each person, but in general women tend to desire closeness and a more emotionally attached relationship more than men. Though both men and women seek "sexual satisfaction only" relationships, I would tend to think that more men would want this than women. On the flip side, though both men and women seek "emotionally meaningful" relationships, I would think that more women than men would want this. Which, if your relationship is emotionally meaningful, would probably lead you to want to meet the person in real life, eventually.

I know that for me (and for many women that I've known), without emotional attachment there is no sexual satisfaction, the two go hand in hand. Though I have had emotional attachment from online relationships; in fact I met my little one online (though at the time we were trying to be vanilla. Ha!)

serviam {PixieStick}
07-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks so much. That was a very interesting and insightful explanation. Very much appreciated.