PDA

View Full Version : BDSM Toys

PleaseMe
08-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I am still pretty wet behind the ears when it comes to BDSM. As such, I really don't have anything in the way of toys. But also having no real experience with this way of life I don't feel like running out and buying a ton of real toys just yet.

I was trying to think of such items that should be included in a toybox that could be considered DIY (do-it-yourself) or otherwise inconspicuous to others.

Could anyone please provide input on some things (hopefully relatively cheap) that are otherwise items used for other vanilla tasks that can be also used for BDSM interests?

Thanks in advance,
PleaseMe

WyldWyl
08-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Wooden spoons, great for spanking
Clothespegs (also wooden) make for good impromptu nipple clamps, and can go elsewhere too.
Rope is actually surprisingly innocuous, just tell people you have it for camping or something of the sort.
Candles are a good one- you've probably got some already, just in case of blackouts.

I'd also recommend doing a search on the site for 'pervertibles', which is the general name for things like the above- every day objects that can be re-tasked to kinky uses.

_ID_
08-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Perhaps you will find the following useful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pervertible

WyldWyl
08-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Ahhh, wiki. Until we get an actual hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, it's the next best thing.

SirStef
08-02-2010, 05:44 AM
Dollar Stores are a great source of 'pervertables.' Just spend some time browsing and use your imagination. Have fun!

denuseri
08-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Home Depot is just full of stuff, every length of cane you can imagine, rope, chains, wood for paddles, pex pipe etc etc.

AnticipatingPain
08-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Perhaps you will find the following useful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pervertible

LOL I had a quick look at the link if anyone came towards me with 'hockey stick' with the intention of using it on my butt; I would run the other way!!

Ozme52
08-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Any "home and ranch" supply (ala Tractor Supply) also have, in addition to the same things as a Home Depot, equestrian tack including crops and whips, extra large cages, and of course... veterinary supplies, including needles of all guages.

denuseri
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Nice one oh great Wizard...now I am waxing nostalgic for my days as a pony girl again....ummmmmhummm.

pandora's_folly
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
LOL I had a quick look at the link if anyone came towards me with 'hockey stick' with the intention of using it on my butt; I would run the other way!!

AP....oh i don't know i think a hockey stick could be fun...and least unbreakable i hope..lmao...hmmmm may invest in one of those!

and for this post if your going to use a ping pong bat then make sure you strengthen the handle plus instead of buying a proper cane your common garden cane has quite a kick to it..lol.

*mmmmmmmm mind wanders back to a happy time..blushes*

bip0lar
08-08-2010, 02:36 AM
oooh, i came across this yesterday: i was in those shops that cut keys and have laces and stuff to care for shoes, and there they were.. the most beautiful long strips of fairly thin leather. So i took a deep breath and asked, you know, are they actual laces? and he said yes. Now I think I'll go by tomorrow after work and by 10. They look like they'd make fantastic impact. (But really, for "homemade" toys just look around you and ideas will come)

slave alexander
08-09-2010, 07:19 AM
I find Home Depot a dangerous place to go, it costs so much when your mind starts wondering, I am not sure I have used anything they sell for it's advertised purpose yet ;) .
I was thinking about making my own home furniture with a vanilla appearance but certainly not vanilla purpose and toys maybe with the intent of selling a few things online, does any one know of an ebay equivalent for the more enjoyable things in life?

Reya
08-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Craigslist, maybe? I dunno, I figure if you can advertise for furry orgies on there you can sell homemade sex toys no problem.

skullcowboy
08-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I dunno, I figure if you can advertise for furry orgies on there....

Not to get too off track here - but really, "furry orgies?"
I'm not sure how I feel about that. ;)

-Skull C.-

Reya
08-10-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm not into that sort of stuff myself (I'm not disgusted, I'm not turned on) but I know some people who are. And ya, apparently there are quite a few advertisements for orgies on craigslist, you just have to know what to look for.

skullcowboy
08-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Oh, orgies I can understand/appreciate...it was more the "furry" part that got me. ;)

-Skull C.-

fetishdj
08-11-2010, 02:04 AM
If there is a leather trader in your area and you feel up to being crafty you might be able to make things like floggers fairly easily with offcuts, scraps and thonging that can be got fairly cheaply. The leather laces described above are one thing you could use but leather shops will have thonging in all sorts of thicknesses. You can weave them together to make a jury rigged cat o nine tails, for example.

ropekitty
11-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Base ball bat-any size.
paddle/ball game paddle.
Paint stick.
Tennis racket.
cock rings-walmart sells them.
Lubes-all sorts of sensations from chilled to heated
Ice cubes
Chopsticks/rubber bands-clamps
rice-kneeling on rice sucks ass, but doesn't cost much.
dried beans-same as rice
sharpies-draw/write on someone.

So yeah, walmart/dollar store/any store out there... not very hard to find kinky things.

~RK~

slave alexander
12-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I finally managed to finish a piece of furniture for my Mistress, not bondage just vanilla with a hint of fetish, would like to hear anyones thoughts :d

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34344