PDA

View Full Version : Help?

Artemis
11-29-2004, 03:14 PM
I do hope this is the correct place for this question...

I've enlisted the help of a friend that has agreed to make a wooden paddle for my master (for a Christmas present). I have a slight problem of wanting to put some kind of design or decoration on it but I've no idea what could be put on it.

So...My question to all of you is do you know of a place online that I could go to in order to look at examples of different paddles? Or does anyone have any suggestions for what would be nice to put on or could go on the paddle?

I did a google search and only found a few sites. The ones that had wooden paddles listed did not have any kind of decorations on them. The grain of the wood was the only thing that distinguished one from the other.

Should I just pick a wood with a nice grain and let that be all or could something be added to make it more personal/unique?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/comments. :)

~Artemis~

BDSM_Tourguide
11-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Some suggestions:

His name... I had a paddle with my name on it back in Texas.

Your name

Some kind of significant pet name... My current paddle has "Naughty Girl" embossed on it. And, yes, the design will transfer.

The BDSM symbol

Vines

Roses

Other floral bits

Or you could be really creative, and...

... have metal studs riveted onto it, rather than a carving or embossing.

... have holes drilled into it. You could still even put a carving on it, just smaller.

... have the "good" side covered in sand paper. This would still allow for a carving or embossing on the other side.

... have it covered in heavy leather and have his name stiched into the leather. That's actually a lot easier than it sounds.

... have hearts or other "cute" designs drilled into it, rather than just regular holes. That way when you get swatted, you have a little heart on your butt for half an hour or so.

There you go. Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Not a detailed list, I'm sure, but good enough for a start, I hope.

GaryWilcox
11-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Saw a really good paddle once with the word SLUT etched in reverse, so that a good hard spank would imprint the word on a sub's ass...

NaturalSub
11-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Everything that I ever do, creative wise for my master, always has our monogram on there. I think it's really nice, the monogram whilst abviously is formed out of the initials of our names, also show the power position!

You can brand it into the wood, it's really easy, if you haven;t got anything to do it with, borrow a soldring iron, and that will do the job!

Artemis
11-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks for all the great suggestions. There's so many possibilities...I really like Gary's suggestion and several of Tourguide's as well. Oh the creative juices are flowing very well now. :) The paddle won't be finished until close to Christmas but I'll try to post a picture of it once it's done so that everyone can see what design I decided on.

More suggestions are always welcome...I won't be deciding for a while yet. :)

~Artemis~

AndrewBlack
12-01-2004, 10:03 AM
Man, what a great idea to have embossed words on paddles that transfer. I'm an altogether happier character now:sunny: