PDA

View Full Version : Im tired At 63...By Robert A Hall

IAN 2411
10-15-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm tired At 63
Robert A. Hall is the actor who plays the coroner on CSI if you watch that show

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"
by Robert A. Hall I'm 63. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs but job-hunting every day, I've worked hard since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in their homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to help. But if they bought McMansions at three times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congress-critters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros and Hollywood Entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get their way, the United States will have the economy of Zimbabwe , the freedom of the press of China , the crime and violence of Mexico , the tolerance for Christian people of Iran , and the freedom of speech of Venezuela .

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honour"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter" in the post-racial world of Obama, when it's all that matters in affirmative action jobs, lower college admission and graduation standards for minorities (harming them the most), government contract set-asides, tolerance for the ghetto culture of violence and fatherless children that hurts minorities more than anyone, and in the appointment of U. S. Senators from Illinois.

I think it's very cool that we have a black president and that a black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less arrogantly of an all-knowing government.

I'm tired of a news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural expenses were obscene, but that think Obama's, at triple the cost, were wonderful; that thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of presidential time, but Obama exercising is a great example for the public to control weight and stress; that picked over every line of Bush's military records, but never demanded that Kerry release his; that slammed Palin, with two years as governor, for being too inexperienced for VP, but touted Obama with three years as senator as potentially the best president ever.. Wonder why people are dropping their subscriptions or switching to Fox News? Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but the media and Kerry drove me to his camp in 2004.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and mandrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in America , while no American group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? And I'm tired of harassment from cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I never tried marijuana.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers," especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, "Undocumented Pharmacists"? And, no, I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic, and it's been a few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanic person, who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honourably for three years in our military. Those are the citizens we need..

I'm tired of latte liberals and journalists, who would never wear the uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kids can sit at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves.. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years and still are? Not even close. So here's the deal. I'll let myself be subjected to all the humiliation and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo, and the critics can let themselves be subject to captivity by the Muslims, who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, or the Muslims who tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, or the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our troops found in Iraq, or the Muslims who cut off the heads of schoolgirls in Indonesia, because the girls were Christian. Then we'll compare notes. British and American soldiers are the only troops in history that civilians came to for help and handouts, instead of hiding from in fear.

I'm tired of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers; bums are bipartisan. And I'm tired of people telling me we need bipartisanship. I live in Illinois , where the "Illinois Combine" of Democrats has worked to loot the public for years. Not to mention the tax cheats in Obama's cabinet.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, colour TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.

For some strange reason i was sent this in an e mail and i'm not American, but i do believe that a few of his coments are equal to some that the voters are saying in the UK. Any coments?

Regards IAN 2411{lillirose}

Lion
10-15-2010, 09:05 AM
As much as I disagree with many parts of this, I'll only correct one thing, and let everyone else form their own opinion about this piece.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/imtired.asp

The CSI actor and the politician are two different people. The politician wrote this, not the actor.

Politician: Robert A Hall
Actor: Robert David Hall

IAN 2411
10-15-2010, 10:25 AM
As I know neither I will take your word, but I dont really know why I was sent this in the first place, but if as the link shows it was written by an American Politician, has he any valid points.

Regards IAN{lillirose}

Thorne
10-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Hell, I'll take a shot at it. Mind you, most of this is a matter of opinion.

1 - Retirement: A lot of people are similar to this. I've worked almost my whole life, with two brief periods of unemployment, until last year (one year ago today, to be precise. I've been out of work since. Still collecting unemployment, for which I'm grateful, but most of the jobs available pay less than I'm getting from the state. Why not take advantage?) I'm only 60, too young to retire, but my wife and I have been saving for retirement our whole lives, responsibly, and we're able to afford my early out. Because we planned. Too many don't plan. Don't blame the government, don't blame the economy, blame those big-screen TV's in every room, and that boat that cost more than my car.

2 - "spread the wealth": I'm with him 100% on this. I have no problem with those too sick or disabled to work, or those single parents who can't work and still take care of their kids. It's the people who work only long enough to qualify for benefits before quitting, those who never have enough money for food, but always have enough for drugs or booze. They are parasites who should be squashed, not encouraged.

3 - "keep people in their homes": Another one I agree on. My home is paid for, because we bought a house we could afford. If you took a chance in the real estate market, that's your problem. And that goes for the stock market, too. Bailing the investment firms out was wrong. Better to have bailed out the investors first, starting with the smallest investors.

4 - left-wing millionaires: Yep! Another agreement. You not happy with the money you made here? Give it back and go someplace else, assholes.

5 - Islam is a "Religion of Peace": I think Islam COULD be a religion of peace, if Muslims would interpret their Qur'an for themselves instead of letting misogynistic, hate filled Imam's interpret for them. And Shari'a law is an abomination on all peace-loving people.

6 - news media: I'm tired of ALL news media, whether it's the left wingers praising stupidity in the White House or right wingers praising stupidity in the Churches. There is no real news anymore. It's all become opinion and gossip.

7 - global warming: I'm tired of being misled by global warming deniers who have a vested interest in keeping the oil companies going strong. I'm also tired of global warming fanatics who want to shut down the entire infrastructure to "save the planet" (their own little fiefdoms excepted, of course). Global warming is real, it's happening, and "debating" it isn't going to cool things off. Flying jets all over the country and driving in big cars while you spout Green nonsense doesn't help either.

8 - drug addicts: They do have a disease, and the best way to help them is to stop the flow of drugs across our borders. Ties in with ...

9 - illegal aliens: I agree to some extent. If aliens, of any race, want to work here that's fine. If we can't fill those positions from our own, let them come in. But they should at least show some respect for the country that takes them in. And toss the criminals and the welfare suckers back into their home countries. Let THEM worry about them. They shouldn't be our problem. Instead of orating about solving the problem and spending millions on "studies" to solve the problem while your illegal maid serves you breakfast in bed, spend the fucking money to secure the borders. And patrol them, vigorously and with loaded weapons. Kill off a few dozen drug mules and seize a few billion in drugs and the cartels will have to find somewhere else to send their crap. Target the cartel leaders, too. Clancy wasn't ALL wrong in his "Clear and Present Danger."

10 - the military: Absolutely, support the military, with everything we can. Take the money away from the politicians who vote themselves raises every year and give it to the military and their families. It's a disgrace that a soldier's wife has to draw food stamps and welfare to feed her kids while her husband is risking his life overseas. It's a bigger disgrace that soldiers can't find jobs once they leave the service.

11 - self responsibility: A big one for me. Too many people want to blame everybody but themselves for their mistakes. If you fuck it up, stand up and take the consequences. Don't expect me to stand up for you if you won't.

12 - I'm just sorry for my granddaughter: Me too. Being a new grandfather tends to put a rather severe light on the problems in this country. But I think we can fix it. Get rid of career politicians, get rid of PAC's. Let the corporations spend the money they normally spend lobbying on feeding the hungry and housing the homeless. Let the politicians work for minimum wage. And let the people live their lives in relative peace and freedom. That's what this country was made for.

DuncanONeil
10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.

For some strange reason i was sent this in an e mail and i'm not American, but i do believe that a few of his coments are equal to some that the voters are saying in the UK. Any coments?

I was a bit impressed with him on the show. Not sure why. Man has a head on his shoulders. Knows how to write as well.

Wonder why the left hasn't attacked this yet?

Lion
10-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I'll give it a go

I'm tired At 63
Robert A. Hall is the actor who plays the coroner on CSI if you watch that show

This part as I said above isn't true. But a quick google search shows that this mistake has been made by others.

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"
by Robert A. Hall I'm 63. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs but job-hunting every day, I've worked hard since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

Just read an article today about retirements and living within your means. According to him there is no end in sight for him personally. As a senator, I find that a little hard to believe.

Article in question: http://www.moneyville.ca/article/874590--freedom-45-how-i-plan-to-retire-in-13-years

A man aiming to retire at 45

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

"too lazy to earn it". I find this comment quite insulting to those who have no means of ever establishing themselves. America is a land of opportunity and I truely believe that. There are welfare receipients that are just lazy. They are also those who are struggling beyond relief. Do I care that those earning a lot are being taxed more? Hell no! I've seen some shitty schools, specifically around poorer neighbourhoods, and some great schools around rich neighbourhoods. If spreading the wealth means that some of the tax dollars from the rich go to funding poorer schools, I have no problem with that.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in their homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to help. But if they bought McMansions at three times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congress-critters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them with their own money.

Little more complicated then that. It was stupid for the home owners to buy the house in the first place. Maybe they had blind trust in an institution that's supposed to know better, or maybe they just got swepted in all the housing excitement. But allowing millions of foreclosures will devestate the economy. Watch your own house price plummet. Maybe the way to address the problem isn't the best, but I'd like to hear solutions, not critisism....endless critisism.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros and Hollywood Entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get their way, the United States will have the economy of Zimbabwe , the freedom of the press of China , the crime and violence of Mexico , the tolerance for Christian people of Iran , and the freedom of speech of Venezuela .

Yes, because truely, in their heart of hearts, Moore, Soros and Hollywood entertainers really want America to become Zimbabwe, China, Mexico, Iran and Venezuela...

As much as I disagreed with Bush, I still know that his actions were in the best interest of America, and to some extent, freedom around the world. I don't think he had a personal vendetta against Islam, or wanted oil money. I find it frustrating when BOTH sides engage in this sort of petty arguements that do nothing

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honour"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'll stay away from this one....way to offensive and makes my blood boil

I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter" in the post-racial world of Obama, when it's all that matters in affirmative action jobs, lower college admission and graduation standards for minorities (harming them the most), government contract set-asides, tolerance for the ghetto culture of violence and fatherless children that hurts minorities more than anyone, and in the appointment of U. S. Senators from Illinois.

Race is still an issue in US. Crossing the border to US every time, I see how people act around blacks, and it's not good. I don't believe in affirmative action and I agree that it hurts rather then help. I don't know how the government tolerates ghetto culture and fatherless children...so that's a little confusing

I think it's very cool that we have a black president and that a black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less arrogantly of an all-knowing government.

I respect Condelezza Rice's story on education. Her entire family's pursuit of education is truely inspiring. But I don't understand the hatred for Obama's "elite" education. He worked his ass off to attend and graduate from one of America's finest university. As for personal freedoms, really? PATRIOT Act anyone? The one that infringed on so many rights and truely embodied the whole sense of Big Brother, but you're going to pick on Obama only?

I'm tired of a news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural expenses were obscene, but that think Obama's, at triple the cost, were wonderful; that thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of presidential time, but Obama exercising is a great example for the public to control weight and stress; that picked over every line of Bush's military records, but never demanded that Kerry release his; that slammed Palin, with two years as governor, for being too inexperienced for VP, but touted Obama with three years as senator as potentially the best president ever.. Wonder why people are dropping their subscriptions or switching to Fox News? Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but the media and Kerry drove me to his camp in 2004.

Yeah, the inaugural expenses thing is double standards. I don't see why it was made into a big issue in the first place with Bush.

As for Palin, she brought it upon herself. In her nomination speech, she referred to Obama's experience in charity organizations as insufficient. No sympathy for her. Plus anyone who gets flustered with simple question about a newspaper isn't ready to deal with an imminent terrorist strike, just saying. Maybe in 2012

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and mandrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in America , while no American group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

Please, please tell me you didn't compare America with Saudi Arabia. Hell I'm a Muslim and I hate the Saudi's arrogant attitudes and their gross understanding of Islam

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.

I'm trying to live green, haven't come across a moment where I had to lower my living standards though. Recycling, switching off lights when I'm not in the room, checking for air inflation in my car, switching of my computer at night etc are not bad things. But that's just me. I'm glad that he and his wife carpool, and I'm annoyed at Al Gore's energy consumption. Maybe he uses renewable energy sources like a windmill in his backyard?

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? And I'm tired of harassment from cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I never tried marijuana.

Drug addicts: Most don't have a disease, some do. Some are driven into it at young impressionable ages. Some do crack, some do alcohol.

I don't know anyone who would call someone else a freak for not smoking. That's just bizarre. Personally, my thoughts on marijuana: either legalize alcohol and weed, or ban them both.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers," especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, "Undocumented Pharmacists"? And, no, I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic, and it's been a few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanic person, who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honourably for three years in our military. Those are the citizens we need..

\My only problem with this arguement is that to villanize illegal aliens, the bad few who turn to crime are always highlighted and used as a representation of illegals. That being said, it is your country, and if you want to close the border off, it's your right too. Hope you like back breaking jobs

I'm tired of latte liberals and journalists, who would never wear the uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kids can sit at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves.. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years and still are? Not even close. So here's the deal. I'll let myself be subjected to all the humiliation and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo, and the critics can let themselves be subject to captivity by the Muslims, who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, or the Muslims who tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, or the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our troops found in Iraq, or the Muslims who cut off the heads of schoolgirls in Indonesia, because the girls were Christian. Then we'll compare notes. British and American soldiers are the only troops in history that civilians came to for help and handouts, instead of hiding from in fear.

Always find it depressing when atrocious acts like beheadings are used to justify Abu Gharib. Sounds like a bit of America's soul dying right there

I'm tired of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers; bums are bipartisan. And I'm tired of people telling me we need bipartisanship. I live in Illinois , where the "Illinois Combine" of Democrats has worked to loot the public for years. Not to mention the tax cheats in Obama's cabinet.

Agree with the first point, then I get confused with the second....so calling your party the only correct one is wrong, but calling the other party looters is correct?

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Agree

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, colour TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

Poverty is subjective. Tell someone in Africa that they have a roof over their head, and they're in heaven. Tell an American that they have two 20 year old cars living in a air conditioned mobile homes, I'm going to assume they see themselves poor. I have never seen someone with a nice home and two cars cry poverty. I wonder who he talks to

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

I won't blame the government if I fail to become successful. But I will cry foul if I'm being discriminated against. And people blame big-whatever because of their strangle hold on government making policies. Why is it that you can't buy drugs from Canada? Why is it that banks charge you an enormous fee if you go over your balance even by a dollar? Big-whatever work for their interests, and some people have suffered because of that. Now blaming McDonalds over spilled coffee, okay that's stupid.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

Oh stop being such a pessimist

denuseri
11-01-2010, 11:09 AM
"I'm 30 and I'm Tired as well"
by Denuseri.

I've had a job of one kind or another since I was 17. Vet tech, Nurse, Dancer, Model, Acting, Book Store Clerk and hopefully one day a history teacher. Funny thing is I have/will make way more money dancing then I ever have/will in any of the above I am sure...go figure. Given the economy, there's no retirement benifits in sight for me, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of fat assed selfish rich fucks (regardless of how they came to their money or what political party they claim if any) who make way more money than they or any sane person will ever use or need bitching about their taxes and or being told to have some sence of civic responsibility and "spread the wealth" a little to people who have fallen on hard times or just were not so blessed and lucky enough to have landed some big fat cat kind of job or inheirited a big chunk of dough.

I'm tired of being told how bad some people in America are or are not by idiots who swallowed the Kool aid of any paticular political party.

I'm tired of assholes who are in a country based on religious freedom and toleration spouting hate about ANY religion.

I'm tired of being told that there is no need for affirmative action.

I think it's very cool that we have a mixed race president and that a mixed race child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation.

I am no fan of Obama but that doesn't mean I wish the president was Condi Rice.

I'm tired of the main stream corperate controlled media period. All of them are assholes imho and lack any sence of journalistic integrity.

I'm tired of the seemingly lack of "tolerance for other cultures" that America as scion of Euro-centric thinking has inheirited and continues to expouse.

I'm tired of assholes and idots abusing thier wealth and not conserving energy as our collective populations increase out of control along with rampant rescource consumption and lack of enviromental responsibility slowley but surely overwhelming the planet we live on.

I'm tired of people who lack compassion for their fellows.

I'm tired of assholes bitching about hispanic people wanting to come to work in the united states or any where for that matter. I think we should have countries without boarders.

Im also tired of assholes who think english should be the only language spoken anywhere.

I'm also tired of people, who would never wear the uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military.
They and their kids can sit at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves.. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years and still are? Not even close.

But I do not care how the other side treats it's prisoners or conducts war, WE are the United States of America damit and we should not lower ourselves to the level of our enemies. We should not rape, torture, pillage. We should fight to defend, and to liberate only and we should dam well every single one of us stand up and say something when those we trust to protect us fall astray.

I'm tired of political polarization.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems but I am also tired of assholes who think discrimination doesnt exist etc.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 30 but I am glad that Mr Hall is so old and wont be around much longer,,,,,becuase its the assholes of his generation etc who have run things into the ground and as soon as they are gone, maby we can fix things for our own posterity.

Denuseri is the duaghter of a Marine veteran, and married to still serving Airforce Veteran and has served many a lap dance in her day.

IAN 2411
11-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 30 but I am glad that Mr Hall is so old and wont be around much longer,,,,,becuase its the assholes of his generation etc who have run things into the ground and as soon as they are gone, maby we can fix things for our own posterity.

Now that’s not very nice denu....[wishing people dead] I might also add with the generations today he could be alive for another 30 years. The problem is it will probably be another 30 years before this fix that you’re talking about takes place, and then all the 30 year olds will be saying the same thing about you.

One other point I like to mention, that all the things you are tired of....we in the UK have the same problem but it is 35 year old jack the lads in Westminster that has put us there not the old ones.

denuseri
11-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Now now Ian: if you read my post carefully...I never at any point said nor insinuated that I "wished" anything what so ever on Mr Hall or upon anyone else all I did was state that I would glad when his generation was no longer in power.

Some interesting factoids about Brittish Government:

After the General Election of 2010, there are currently 650 MPs.

507 MPs are male and 143 are female.

The oldest MP: Sir Peter Tapsell, Conservative MP for Louth and Horncastle, has so far lived to be 80.

The youngest MP: Pamela Nash, Labour MP for Airdrie and Shotts, is only 25.

And...drum roll please... the average age of an MP is: around " 50 years old" Ta Dahhh.