PDA

View Full Version : How do I start?

xmariposa
10-27-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm really very intrigued, but anyone I've ever been involved with has been completely put off by the idea of bdsm...how do I meet people with my similar interests who are in the same area as I am? I feel like it isn't just something I can put on my facebook profile...

Resist
10-27-2010, 08:29 AM
First of all, welcome to the site :) Think this is as good a place as any to 'meet people with similar interests' and who might be in the same area as you. You might try making a post in the Personals section detailing what you're looking for and where. You can also talk to people in Chat.

Good luck!

Ozme52
10-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Search the forum for "munches" as there are some great conversations and advice in those threads regarding meeting like-minded people.

When you've become convinced you really can meet someone... then do a search on how to safely meet someone you find interesting. When you get to the point you want to play, search on negotiating and on safewords.

There's also a list herein that can help you identify what activities within the lifestyle interest you. It's not all bondage and/or spanking. That will help you understand your own inclinations... and perhaps expand on them. It will certainly help you with vocabulary (when negotiating it pays to understand exactly what the other person is proposing,) and it helps you match yourself to someone compatible with your needs.. (Search on questionairre, I think, for a link to that list.)

DontBother
10-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Read read read - there is alot of information and stories that you might want to read to learn more about this pasttime. Then maybe ask a question or 2. Or answer a personal ad. Its all up to yourself.

But to find people in the same area as yourself - you might wanna at least tell where that area are - in a general direction not you full adress - like on which continent of the world you live.

ropekitty
11-03-2010, 09:05 PM
How to meet people who like things you like? Go find a place that does the things you like. People who like bowling go to a bowling alley. People who like to drink (or have nothing better to do,idk) go to bars. People who like to fuck, go to swingers clubs or for a tease go to strip clubs. People who like kink? go to munches, dungeons, and events.

How to get started? well you joined this site so you've already started. Read other sites (be safe), look up people online who are kinky. Twitter (yes some hate it) has really kinky people tweeting about the shit they do, fetish lists can be found on google.

As far as online things. . . since you mentioned facebook. . .I do not do anything kinky on some sites, I "protect" myself as much as I can. Don't let common sense fly out the window in this "new world". It's new yes, but it's like every other group out there, some people suck, some people rock, some people are dangerous, some people are light fluffy kitties that just like to tie people up when given the chance.

~RK~

Jimh3000
01-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Hey. Want to chat?

Flaming_Redhead
01-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Google "munch" in your town or the nearest large city. A munch is a gathering of like-minded people in a public venue, such as a family-oriented restaurant, for the purposes of meeting and/or discussing topics of interest.