PDA

View Full Version : kind of new

ready4help
11-05-2010, 07:29 AM
extremely inquisitive about on-line and why it is so popular as opposed to real life.

Solis
11-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi, ready!

Well, first, we don't know whether it's more popular on-line or off, do we? The Kinsey Institute reports research suggesting that 5-10% of R/W couples engage in BDSM-related activities at least occasionally and 15% or so have experienced bondage.

Second, my beloved sub refers to the concept of "online disinhibition," sometimes called "benign disinhibition effects." At base, people feel freer to take risks online than off. You may well have long lusted after a female coworker, casting covert glances at her billowy blouse, but you wouldn't in a million years act on the impulse. There's simply too much risk: on rejection, ridicule, exposure, irreversible changes in relationships with others, and so on. Here, those constraints (for better and worse) don't apply.

And, third, because we're fun people and they aren't.

Solis

p.s. for the passing benefit of the aforementioned sub, I'll note that at least one survey of BDSM participants lists "IT geeks" as the single most prevalent occupational category. (Okay, technically, it was "high tech" but it's the same bunch.)

chipmunk_
11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Hello, ready.

Welcome to the Library! I'm actually not sure which is more popular, but you've come to a great site to learn about it all. There's a lot of information here and the members are very friendly (We are fun people!). Browse around, read, and feel free to ask questions. Enjoy your time here.

chipmunk

p.s. for the benefit of my wonderful Master, here are The 10 Real Reasons Why Geeks Make Better Lovers (http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/commentary/sexdrive/2007/04/sexdrive_0406).

Solis
11-05-2010, 03:00 PM
she scares me sometimes.

And delights me the rest.

S.

littlepony1
11-05-2010, 04:54 PM
geeks are the absolute best :0D

rosebud
11-05-2010, 07:09 PM
giggles @chipmunk and Solis! :)

Hello and Welcome to the Library!