PDA

View Full Version : That Time of the Month

Lia
12-03-2004, 07:30 PM
I am very fortunate in the fact that my Master does not seem to mind when I have my period. We typically play just as much at that time of the month as we do at any other time. Other than the fact that I am typically more tired, it luckily doesn't seem to slow us down. There are only two drawbacks from my perspective: 1. my pain threshold is lower as I tend to be more physically sensitive just before and during my period, and 2. it can be a little messy.

I am curious how others handle this. Do most female subs find that having their period prevents them from playing, or do they also like to play at this time in their cycle? Do male Dom's have an opinion on this subject? Thanks for your responses!

Adamoverjules
12-03-2004, 10:34 PM
I'd have to say that being on her period wouldn't slow down the play, but it would change the style or approach to the scene. Bloody sex is something that honestly just turns me off, so that doesn't happen. However, there are plenty of other ways to play right? ;)

BabySub
12-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Hmm. I have to say that I think it would interrupt play for me. My Dom and I have yet to meet, but I can truthfully say that the first couple of days during my period would be a no no. I'll not go into details here ::lol:: but all I want to do is curl up into a ball and die.

:violin:

Curtis
12-04-2004, 09:49 AM
That sounds like my ex-girlfriend. She was totally incapacitated by her periods (headaches, stomachaches, cramping, diarrhea). She also could never keep track of her periods, even though she was regular as the calendar, every 29 days, so unless I warned her, it caught her by surprise every time.

BabySub
12-04-2004, 09:58 AM
That sounds like my ex-girlfriend. She was totally incapacitated by her periods (headaches, stomachaches, cramping, diarrhea). She also could never keep track of her periods, even though she was regular as the calendar, every 29 days, so unless I warned her, it caught her by surprise every time.

Lol, yeah, that's me. I don't get the runs, but I do get really bad backaches as well as all the rest. It's far from fun. I can keep track of mine though, as I get all the symptoms before the ***** thing even starts! :yuck:

Lia
12-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Lol, yeah, that's me. I don't get the runs, but I do get really bad backaches as well as all the rest. It's far from fun. I can keep track of mine though, as I get all the symptoms before the ***** thing even starts! :yuck:

Hormones of somekind (though I am generally against them) will help those nasty periods BabySub. These can come in the form of the pill, a patch, or the Merena IUD. You may want to check with your doctor...

Pandora's Box
12-04-2004, 01:41 PM
I pretty much can't do anything the first two days. My life consists of chocolate and alleve. (Great stuff that alleve).

After that though, I'm more open to play. But unless a condom is used.... ugh, no sex. I've had a urinary tract infection bounced back and forth from that before. But other than that... no worries.

yellowrose
12-05-2004, 03:16 AM
There is now birth control that can reduce a woman down to only 4 periods a year. Studies indicate it is as safe as the monthly birth control pills.

If you're a young woman (under 35) on birth control already perhaps you could speak to your Doctor about this product.

vistana
12-05-2004, 04:45 PM
There is now birth control that can reduce a woman down to only 4 periods a year. Studies indicate it is as safe as the monthly birth control pills.

If you're a young woman (under 35) on birth control already perhaps you could speak to your Doctor about this product.

Seasonale.

I don't think it's available everywhere though. I believe (and could be totally wrong) that it was fairly recently approved in the US, and I don't think it's been approved in many other places yet.

Chuckdom19
12-05-2004, 08:15 PM
I learned one thing in playing over the years with my partner: one of the cures for PMS and period aches & pains is a solid, body-shaking orgasm. Those little hormones just seem to calm right down for her. Several orgasms, ripples, will bring her out of the worst cramps.

And a gag is very helpful for bad attitude! :D

Cokera
12-05-2004, 08:42 PM
My life consists of chocolate and alleve.
Thats the time for EXTREMELY intense body massage and pampering. Plus the aleve and some serious foot massages. :)

Dngnkeeper
12-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Thats the time for EXTREMELY intense body massage and pampering. Plus the aleve and some serious foot massages. :)

Massage as in a visit with five pounds of flogger. Puts them right to sleep every time. Aleve though helps them stay there. :)

mastercoyote
12-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Just as an FYI, orgasm thru masturbation can relieve muscle tension and cramps for some women. Something I learned from my first Sensei.

Here's a great Tantric technique, called Yoni massage (http://www.whitelotuseast.com/YoniMassage.htm), but it works best if performed by your partner.

Lingam massage (http://www.whitelotuseast.com/LingamMassage.htm), for men, is also a lot of fun. I especially like having it performed when I'm bound by my slave. It becomes a contest to see if she can make me cum before I decide I'm ready. Lol, makes her feel all Mistressy.

slavelucy
12-09-2004, 04:55 PM
I am very fortunate in the fact that my Master does not seem to mind when I have my period.

Um...well, it's lucky he doesn't mind...otherwise he'd be dating/in a Ds relationship with a man. :rolleyes:

Massage as in a visit with five pounds of flogger. Puts them right to sleep every time. Aleve though helps them stay there.

Er..Dngnkeeper - if you massaged me with a five pound flogger in the first 2 days of my period...well, let's just say i might need that Aleve to put my prison guards to sleep. :D :rolleyes:

i suffer quite badly with PMS, i'd rather not do anything major, because i feel like crap, it hurts more but not in a fun way..and, well, it's messy. i'd generally trust my Master to make reasonable decisions regarding it i guess.

sl

Artemis
12-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Ah...the "it's that time of the month so what do we do?" question. The messiness of it doesn't bother my Master (he loves blood :-[ ) but usually we avoid the mess due to the fact that his mother still does his laundry, which includes the sheets, and we'd rather avoid all the questions about what we do in bed. So...that leaves us with spanking (for me) and oral play (for him) which we love so it's not really a problem. I usually don't get cramps but I'm more sensitive to pain and more tired than usual which he takes into consideration when we play. :) Everyone's different though which the previous responses have already shown.

~Artemis~

jaeangel
12-15-2004, 09:06 AM
I used to get horrible cramps when my little red friend came to visit. For some reason, after I had my oldest son, they weren't as bad (or maybe I didn't notice it as much because I was too busy chasing him around.) After my second child I had my tubes tied (I don't want anymore, and my doctor told me any more might possibly be dangerous to my health, so he tied my tubes at 24)and after that, although I still get the occasional cramp, it's not the hot-water-bottle-in-bed-with-extra-strength-tylenol cramps I had before. And since it is messy, I'll give myself several enemas to clean myself out very thoroughly and hubby and I use the 'back door' or the mouth to pleasure ourselves with until Mrs. Happy's fully operational again. He loves my BJ's.

Sulwen
01-04-2005, 02:34 PM
There's a lovely product on the market called Instead. It's vaguely diaphram-shaped, with a deeper cup. You insert it during your period, and it catches it instead of absorbing it. You take it out and empty it when you need to, which is up to half as often as a regular tampon. There have been no reported cases of Toxic Shock Syndrome for Instead users, and it's made of soft plastic, so no latex allergies. And you can have sex with it in, without making a mess! It's quite nice. I've been a convert for almost a year now, and it's great. The only drawbacks I've seen so far is that it's kind of gross when you're changing it, and that you can't tell in advance when you're about to 'spring a leak'. Other than that, it's great.

BDSM_Tourguide
01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
There's a lovely product on the market called Instead. It's vaguely diaphram-shaped, with a deeper cup. You insert it during your period, and it catches it instead of absorbing it. You take it out and empty it when you need to, which is up to half as often as a regular tampon. There have been no reported cases of Toxic Shock Syndrome for Instead users, and it's made of soft plastic, so no latex allergies. And you can have sex with it in, without making a mess! It's quite nice. I've been a convert for almost a year now, and it's great. The only drawbacks I've seen so far is that it's kind of gross when you're changing it, and that you can't tell in advance when you're about to 'spring a leak'. Other than that, it's great.

Okay. I gotta say it.

No offense, but eeewwwwww!!!

Cokera
01-04-2005, 03:26 PM
DITTO :That is a new one for me also... Damn that just sounds kinda nasty!

Sulwen
01-04-2005, 03:58 PM
I know it sounds kinda gross, but once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back. *shrug* And it's the only one I know of that lets you have vaginal intercourse without mess during your period. At least, not *bad* mess. :-)

midnightsky
01-04-2005, 11:05 PM
That wouldnt happen to be anything like the diva cup would it? I know a lot of people swear by them.

mastercoyote
01-05-2005, 10:03 AM
This might send some of you running for the hills, screaming; but... you could probably sell the "results" for a decent price on eBay.

Just a (completely disgusting, even to myself) thought.

slavelucy
01-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Ugh *shudders*...that device does sound a bit yuck actually. But, having said that, the whole period thing always seemed very medieval to me, and however we choose to deal with it (er...essentially 'plugging it', soaking it up, or this new 'catching it')...it's all totally sort of...old fashioned and backward... i don't know why God (who whoever) couldn't have designed something more..modern in the first place. (yes, i have these odd thoughts)

sl

GaryWilcox
01-05-2005, 11:06 AM
it's all totally sort of...old fashioned and backward... i don't know why God (who whoever) couldn't have designed something more..modern in the first place. (yes, i have these odd thoughts) Technically speaking, God's answer to periods was pregnancy... or vice versa!

mastercoyote
01-05-2005, 11:36 AM
I believe more in a Gaia/evolutionary model, so I view the human condition in all it's disturbing glory as an ongoing expeiment...

Anyone wanna play "mad scientist"? :P

slavelucy
01-06-2005, 06:16 AM
Technically speaking, God's answer to periods was pregnancy...

Yeah...and don't even get me started on that! :p

sl

AndrewBlack
01-06-2005, 11:32 AM
You can do quite nicely without periods if you use the contraceptive pill but don't take the breaks, they're only there to make you feel more normal. There is no reason why you can't safely take the pill non-stop. There's certainly no reason why you should be 'on' during inconvenient times when you have full control of your menstrual cycle. Oh, and Happy new year everyone!!

midnightsky
01-06-2005, 10:26 PM
andrewblack-

I would *love* to never have a period again. ever. too bad my doctor has told me that i have to stick to the 28 day cycle...since we know that works...i

Ive done cycles where i wont have a period for several months, and I just revert to the *fun* i had before I was on the pill, which consisted of having my period for five MONTHS and two weeks off....five MONTHS two weeks off. Needless to say, that is not something I want to do again anytime soon.

Gary-
Your comment about pregnancy made me giggle. I wish it was that easy- but after seeing my friend's morning sickness theres no way thats a good excuse (but hey i get to be a godparent. woo. now i just have to figure out how to thow a babyshower for a 17 yo O.o)

/rant, lol

Sulwen
01-10-2005, 12:12 AM
That wouldnt happen to be anything like the diva cup would it? I know a lot of people swear by them.

Kinda, but you can't have sex with the Diva cup in. Also, Instead are disposable.

vistana
01-10-2005, 03:33 PM
You can do quite nicely without periods if you use the contraceptive pill but don't take the breaks, they're only there to make you feel more normal. There is no reason why you can't safely take the pill non-stop. There's certainly no reason why you should be 'on' during inconvenient times when you have full control of your menstrual cycle. Oh, and Happy new year everyone!!

In my experience, it's not quite that easy. I can skip a month, or shift my period by a week or so, but if I skip one month, then the next month I end up with a much longer/heavier period. sometimes even starting while I'm still taking the pills for that month.

Donatien
01-13-2005, 03:53 PM
In my experience, it's not quite that easy. I can skip a month, or shift my period by a week or so, but if I skip one month, then the next month I end up with a much longer/heavier period. sometimes even starting while I'm still taking the pills for that month.

Vistana
You are absolutely correct. You can avoid a period at an inconvenient time by taking part of or all of the next pack ( provided the pills are of the same strength and constituents throughout the pack) perhaps even regularly taking two packs back to back, but more than that and you run into either a heavier peroid as you described, or even irregular bleeding. the lining of the womb does not build up as much on the pill as normally, but it still does, and this needs to be shed.

Jai
01-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Don't think it has been mentioned at all earlier in the thread but seems fairly on topic.

My girlfriend has the injection and that has stopped her periods altogether since she has been having it.

miscolata
01-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Just for all the guys who seem to reckon taking hormonal contraceptives is a great way to avoid periods... forget it.

I hate being on the pill. I've always considered it one of the great ironies of life that when I'm single and off it all I want to do for at least half the month is hump like a bunny, but as soon as I get a decent man and go back on it my libido settles on the bottom end of my horniness-cycle - and stays there :mad:

I'm not unique in this - the whole point of the pill is that it sabilises your hormone cycle. Studies have shown a fairly large proportion of women report less libido and less intense orgasms (although not necessarily less in frequency) while on the pill.

Of course, there are some women who have a part of their natural cycle (usually just before their period) when sex is absolutely the last thing on their minds, and the pill's averaging out effect does get rid of that. So for them it's not all bad.

Ok, the lighter periods and no cramps thing is good, and in a monogamous relationship I'd prefer not to have to use condoms, but if it's a choice between enjoying sex with them and taking a few days off a month, or not wanting it at all, I'll stick to the rubber.

-misc

Donatien
01-29-2005, 12:40 AM
[QUOTE=miscolata]Just for all the guys who seem to reckon taking hormonal contraceptives is a great way to avoid periods... forget it.I hate being on the pill. I've always considered it one of the great ironies of life that when I'm single and off it all I want to do for at least half the month is hump like a bunny, but as soon as I get a decent man and go back on it my libido settles on the bottom end of my horniness-cycle - and stays there

In an earlier contribution to this thread, I suggested that with pills of uniform composition (i.e. not the sequential variety) part or all of the next pack can be added on with out the 7 day break, either to avoid a period at an inconvenient time, or simply to have a period once every 2 months. Attempts to do this for longer are likely to lead to heaver periods, and or breakthrough bleeding.
your difficulties, Miscolata, might be resolved if you had a chat with a doctor on this. The hormones used in the pill,(and HRT) are at least partly synthetic, and vary in the ratio of feminising (estrogenic), and masculinising (androgenic) effects that they have. Believe it or not they all to some extent have both effects! For women on the pill or on HRT, increasing the androgenic effect can often resolve the libido problem. In the case of hrt, small doses of testerone are actually used!

IndigoFae
01-29-2005, 04:36 AM
I've had that one for some months now...And I certainly will never go back to using tampons and pads.

ProjectEuropa
01-29-2005, 05:06 AM
I am curious how others handle this. Do most female subs find that having their period prevents them from playing, or do they also like to play at this time in their cycle? Do male Dom's have an opinion on this subject? Thanks for your responses!

I really don't see a problem if my partner doesn't see a problem. My object of desire is my object of desire whatever the time of the month. I just don't see anything vulgar or disgusting in mentrual fluid and certainly nothing off putting in a woman menstruating. It is just one more thing that adds to my curiousity. If I want to discover my lover both psychologically and physically, why censor my relationship with her?

miscolata
01-29-2005, 11:01 PM
your difficulties, Miscolata, might be resolved if you had a chat with a doctor on this.

That would be good advice... sadly I have talked to the doctor about it and four different types of pill and several years of experimentation later (you gotta give your body time to get used to each one), and no luck.

At the other end of the scale, my last flatmate has been skipping her period by sticking on the pill for about three years now with no problems. I think she lets herself have a period about every six months - and doesn't seem to be suffering any loss of libido at all.

Unfortunately hormonal contraception is not an exact science, since we've all got different levels to begin with.

Donatien
01-30-2005, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=miscolata sadly I have talked to the doctor about it and four different types of pill and several years of experimentation later , and no luck.

At the other end of the scale, my last flatmate has been skipping her period by sticking on the pill for about three years now with no problems

hormonal contraception is not an exact science, since we've all got different levels to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Sad but true.! you no doubt noticed that my "good advice" was hedged with 'usually'' and 'often' , I reget omitting 'may', and 'sometimes' . It may be that you and your flatmates intrinsic hormonal balances are radically different. A 'pinch' of testosterone 'might' be worth asking about.!