PDA

View Full Version : Equality of religion?

IAN 2411
11-11-2010, 02:53 PM
THESE ARE INSTRUCTIONS HANDED OUT TO ALL OFFICERS AT C.I.D COURSES AND ANTI-TERRORISTS COURSES IN THE BEDFORDSHIRE FORCE/SERVICE

UK’s Bedfordshire Police’s rules regarding terrorists and dangerous criminals

If they’re non-Muslim

• Consider the most opportune time of day to be able to arrest suspects with minimum resistance
• Apply all necessary force to enter the premises and arrest suspects accordingly.

If they’re Muslim:

• Community leaders must be consulted before raids into Muslim houses.
• Officers must not search occupied bedrooms and bathrooms before dawn.
• Use of police dogs will be considered serious desecration of the premises.
• Cameras and camcorders should not be used in case of capturing women in inappropriate dress.
• If people are praying at home officers should stand aside and not disrupt the prayer.
They should be allowed the opportunity to finish.
• Officers should take their shoes off before raiding a Muslim house.
• The reasons for pre-dawn raids on Muslim houses needs to be clear and transparent.
• Officers must not touch holy books or religious artefacts without permission.
• Muslim prisoners should be allowed to take additional clothing to the station.

With this continuing appeasement, no wonder it’s now predicted that
Britain will become an Islamic state by 2070.

This is actual and not made up.
Well I think that says it all for equality, your thoughts. By the way I am not anti Muslim.

Regards IAN 2411{lillirose}

TwistedTails
11-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Tried to do some digging on this ( I prefer to research before I give an opinion ) and discovered that some documents had "Disapeared" from the PDs site. Luckly google caches tons of stuff. Want to read the Police FOI report on this? It is here... (http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:nSXLY0qz5_IJ:www.bedfordshire.police.uk/foi/disclosure_log/documents/March%25202010/Response%2520Letter%25202010-00207.pdf+Bedfordshire+Police%E2%80%99s+rules&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESh4Cd6mrFetKzUJIOE_1NZ75mV2Sj6oIPggtA8Z UmMuLaabmYvTOS06XSJXO27UaZt-xSLvKXtqPJ5iVLInzE5B9c7XenfWlgYLZOFUwPw7An3nOHbNWn 8Oye4aZ0_dmGilrBxM&sig=AHIEtbRtAfT3GwVeproeL1jR3xaLVpAHWA)

That does not sound equal, it sounds more like the Muslim community has been declared a special class entitled to seperate treatment under the law.

I wonder what kind of a response a letter demanding equal treatment for non-muslims would get from the government? LOL

Cheers
Twisted

Thorne
11-12-2010, 10:28 AM
They say at the end of that article, "The same considerations and respect for faith and diversity are always applied no matter what the belief
of the household, Muslim or otherwise."

It's my suspicion (no evidence to support it) that these "concessions" needed to be spelled out for Muslims in particular because of violations which had occurred in previous raids on suspected terrorists. Still, it does smack of either favoritism or fear of reprisals. Certainly not the right kind of attitude for the police.

DuncanONeil
11-12-2010, 10:51 PM
yhgtbfkm!!

these are instructions handed out to all officers at c.i.d courses and anti-terrorists courses in the bedfordshire force/service

uk’s bedfordshire police’s rules regarding terrorists and dangerous criminals

if they’re non-muslim

• consider the most opportune time of day to be able to arrest suspects with minimum resistance
• apply all necessary force to enter the premises and arrest suspects accordingly.

If they’re muslim:

• community leaders must be consulted before raids into muslim houses.
• officers must not search occupied bedrooms and bathrooms before dawn.
• use of police dogs will be considered serious desecration of the premises.
• cameras and camcorders should not be used in case of capturing women in inappropriate dress.
• if people are praying at home officers should stand aside and not disrupt the prayer.
They should be allowed the opportunity to finish.
• officers should take their shoes off before raiding a muslim house.
• the reasons for pre-dawn raids on muslim houses needs to be clear and transparent.
• officers must not touch holy books or religious artefacts without permission.
• muslim prisoners should be allowed to take additional clothing to the station.

With this continuing appeasement, no wonder it’s now predicted that
britain will become an islamic state by 2070.

This is actual and not made up.
Well i think that says it all for equality, your thoughts. By the way i am not anti muslim.

Regards ian 2411{lillirose}

DuncanONeil
11-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Seems to me that the "internet"version is substantially the same as the "official" version.
In the basis of full disclosure I must admit that I did not compare them word for word. But the reading of one followed by the other does not provide an example of much difference.

Tried to do some digging on this ( I prefer to research before I give an opinion ) and discovered that some documents had "Disapeared" from the PDs site. Luckly google caches tons of stuff. Want to read the Police FOI report on this? It is here... (http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:nSXLY0qz5_IJ:www.bedfordshire.police.uk/foi/disclosure_log/documents/March%25202010/Response%2520Letter%25202010-00207.pdf+Bedfordshire+Police%E2%80%99s+rules&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESh4Cd6mrFetKzUJIOE_1NZ75mV2Sj6oIPggtA8Z UmMuLaabmYvTOS06XSJXO27UaZt-xSLvKXtqPJ5iVLInzE5B9c7XenfWlgYLZOFUwPw7An3nOHbNWn 8Oye4aZ0_dmGilrBxM&sig=AHIEtbRtAfT3GwVeproeL1jR3xaLVpAHWA)

That does not sound equal, it sounds more like the Muslim community has been declared a special class entitled to seperate treatment under the law.

I wonder what kind of a response a letter demanding equal treatment for non-muslims would get from the government? LOL

Cheers
Twisted

thir
11-14-2010, 10:36 AM
They say at the end of that article, "The same considerations and respect for faith and diversity are always applied no matter what the belief
of the household, Muslim or otherwise."

It's my suspicion (no evidence to support it) that these "concessions" needed to be spelled out for Muslims in particular because of violations which had occurred in previous raids on suspected terrorists. Still, it does smack of either favoritism or fear of reprisals. Certainly not the right kind of attitude for the police.

The thing is, the muslims in UK have had a hard time of it with suspisions from other people, harrasment from the police, and pressure from the more radical of their own to be more radical.
Maybe this is simply a rather sensible attempt to try to calm things down.

I agree that one should not give in to pressure or fear of retaliation.