PDA

View Full Version : Fainting

andrewjs
12-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted. I seem to have a problem of nearly fainting (and occassionally I might actually faint) during bdsm play. Sometimes it might happen 5 to 6 times during an hour session. It's much more likely to occur if I'm standing, say tied to the Saint Andrew's Cross, recieving a whipping compared to bending over a table for the cane. That is to say, it is much more likely to occur if I'm in a vertical position.

I am 26 years old, a healthy weight, and I don't have any medical problems that I know of. Should I be more concern about these fainting spells? or is it nothing to worry about.

peach
12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I had this same problem when i was newer to play and it still pops up from time to time. Usually only when i am tied in a standing position. Make sure you do not lock your knees, as that will cause fainting whether you are playing or not, make an effort to relax your knees and breathe through the play, rather than tensing up. I have started, after some very good advice from a friend who has much more experience than i do, to drink fluids, water, gatorade, orange juice, tea whatever you have on hand to keep your electrolites up and a small snack an hour or two before play. This helps if your blood sugar drops due to the rush of endorphin rush that takes place during play. This seemed to help some with me, although as i said it still happens from time to time in intense play sessions. I hate feeling faint and passing out, i do it enough when i get a migraine, i don't need it messing up my fun times as well.

If it keeps happening that regular, maybe you are being pushed to hard to fast and your body cannot handle the super fast rush of adrenaline being pumped out and play needs to be slowed down at first to let you acclimate.

andrewjs
12-10-2010, 12:06 AM
I had this same problem when i was newer to play and it still pops up from time to time. Usually only when i am tied in a standing position. Make sure you do not lock your knees, as that will cause fainting whether you are playing or not, make an effort to relax your knees and breathe through the play, rather than tensing up. I have started, after some very good advice from a friend who has much more experience than i do, to drink fluids, water, gatorade, orange juice, tea whatever you have on hand to keep your electrolites up and a small snack an hour or two before play. This helps if your blood sugar drops due to the rush of endorphin rush that takes place during play. This seemed to help some with me, although as i said it still happens from time to time in intense play sessions. I hate feeling faint and passing out, i do it enough when i get a migraine, i don't need it messing up my fun times as well.

If it keeps happening that regular, maybe you are being pushed to hard to fast and your body cannot handle the super fast rush of adrenaline being pumped out and play needs to be slowed down at first to let you acclimate.

Thanks peach. I'll try to take on some of your suggestions.

ickleimi
06-29-2011, 06:59 PM
if u struggle with the knee bits get ur dom to tie a pole behind ur knees so they are forced to be bent slightly x

Dirtfarmer
08-24-2011, 03:43 PM
taking any meds? any problems when first standing up?