PDA

View Full Version : What Peaceful Change in Egypt Means for the American Far-Right

thir
02-14-2011, 12:58 PM
"Back in the mid-1980s, one of the architects of then-Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev's foreign policy told an American colleague that a less threatening USSR was doing a terrible thing to America: "depriving you of an enemy." This quote came to mind recently as I've been watching certain segments of the right wing react to the revolution in Egypt."

http://www.care2.com/causes/politics/blog/what-peaceful-change-in-egypt-means-for-the-right/

It is said that en enemy keeps a country together, and is good for the weapens industry. But bad for world peace.

Comments?

steelish
02-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Heh. If it becomes a TRULY peaceful nation, then hurrah! But given the history of the area, and those involved (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-01-29/beware-egypts-muslim-brotherhood/), I have my misgivings.

steelish
02-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Well, if the change really does end up leading to peace in that region, then hurray! But I am a bit more skeptical given those who are involved (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-01-29/beware-egypts-muslim-brotherhood/) in the revolution. I think they are using the Egyptians, duping them.

denuseri
02-15-2011, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't beleive every smear you see posted by democrats about republicans or vice versa as being indicative of what all republicans or democrats want or do not want. No matter how much the corperate media wishes to paint us into two nice little boxes of oposition we do not all march to the same drums in eaither party.

I also dont see the revolutions now taking place in Eygpt, Iran and Yeman to be any "threat" to the military inductrial sector...the war over control of dwindling resources in the region will continue unabated is my guess.

chuck
02-19-2011, 10:59 PM
I think a better headline would be "What Change in Egypt means for America and the World."

Consider this piece (Obama Well Knows What Chaos He Has Unleashed (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/02/obama_well_knows_what_chaos_he.html) - By Victor Sharpe) -- FTA(emphasis mine):
From his notorious Cairo speech to the present, President Obama speaks, and disaster follows. Some commentators believe that President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton are so utterly naïve as to make themselves unable to understand what will happen in Egypt as a result of their undermining of the Mubarak regime.
[...snip...]
My fear is that Obama is not naïve at all, but he instead knows only too well what he is doing, for he is eagerly promoting Islamic power in the world while diminishing the West and Israel, however much innocent blood will flow as a result.

Inevitably, sooner or later, the Muslim Brotherhood will take power, usher in a barbaric Islamist power in Egypt that will control the Suez Canal, and show no mercy to its own people or its perceived foes.

So now we see what the present incumbent in the White House has wrought, and so can our few remaining allies. They must now wonder what confidence they can ever have in any future alliance with the United States.
[...snip...]
Israel vacated the entire Sinai desert (95% of the territories Israel conquered) and gave up the oil-producing facilities it had developed at Abu Rodeis -- all in return for a signed peace agreement with Egypt. Jordan eventually followed Egypt's decision, but both Arab nations maintained a frigid peace with the Jewish state.

Anwar Sadat was subsequently assassinated by members of the Muslim Brotherhood. His successor was Hosni Mubarak, who, for the last thirty years, has kept control over the seething Egyptian masses and the volatile Arab street.

Now his thirty-year rule has been fatally undermined by U.S. President, Barack Hussein Obama, in a betrayal that is as astonishing as it is deplorable.

It is clear to any child that a new Egyptian regime will, if not immediately, be hijacked by the Muslim Brotherhood, which is now calling for Egypt to prepare itself again for war with Israel and for the blockading of the Suez Canal to American, Western, and Israeli shipping. Obama is no fool; he engineered this.
[...snip...]
Under Obama's watch, the true democratic revolution against the mullahs in Iran was snuffed out because the American president refused to support the demonstrators in the streets of Tehran. In contrast, the same Obama ordered Hosni Mubarak to leave office and let the rioters in Cairo have "free" elections.
[...snip...]
So there you have it. Islam increasingly holds Europe, America, and what is left of the free world in its clutches...and the left cheers it on.

lucy
02-20-2011, 05:21 AM
What Peaceful Change in Egypt Means for the American Far-Right

Nothing at all. Far-Right idiots will have no problem finding a new enemy, just like Far-Left idiots wouldn't have a problem finding a new enemy.

Because, simple as it is: Idiots will always be idiots.

leo9
02-20-2011, 02:56 PM
I think a better headline would be "What Change in Egypt means for America and the World."

Consider this piece (Obama Well Knows What Chaos He Has Unleashed (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/02/obama_well_knows_what_chaos_he.html) - By Victor Sharpe) -- FTA(emphasis mine):
As this shows, they have already decided that it means Egypt has fallen to Islamofascists, even though every report tells us that there was no religious element in the protests and no calls for an Islamic state afterwards (and even though the Iranian regime is one of those threatened by the new wave of resistance.)

But then, these people probably don't believe a word European reporters say because they know Europe is already controlled by Muslims.

thir
02-20-2011, 04:53 PM
As this shows, they have already decided that it means Egypt has fallen to Islamofascists, even though every report tells us that there was no religious element in the protests and no calls for an Islamic state afterwards (and even though the Iranian regime is one of those threatened by the new wave of resistance.)

But then, these people probably don't believe a word European reporters say because they know Europe is already controlled by Muslims.

Really, I do not know whether to laugh or cry. Because some people in Denmark is saying it too..

denuseri
02-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Well are they watching a news source from the same group of 5 coperations who are running all the other mainstream news reports in the world?

Stealth694
02-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Far Right or Far Left,, I think Egypt is going to go through some massive changes, the problems are going to be will the people be patient enough to allow these changes to happen. Here in Wisconsin we are going through something like Egypt, Walker is acting like a dictator and not listening to his advisors, so what will the long term effects of this union breaking be?? Same with Egypt, they are just trying to get things running again and that takes time.