PDA

View Full Version : Collar

singletaillover
02-23-2011, 01:32 AM
Why does some Doms, Masters, and Dommes say that a collar has a deaper meaning to them than a wedding ring. I am just wondering that is all? Why is a collaring as important or more important than marriage?

Liushka
02-23-2011, 10:28 AM
I think that compared to wedding rings, the collar significates ownership in a stronger manner, and while wedding rings are worn by both partners, the collar is from the Master to the submissive, which marks the dynamic of the relationship differently.

There is something both sophisticated and primal I believe, in the fact that a Master collars their submissive, especially when the collar is to be worn for long term or in a permanent way. Yet, I think that it is the symbol itself, more than the visible, more obvious aspect of certain collars (are due to vanilla contexts such as workplaces, a more discreet "collar" life item may have to be picked) that matters. In my view, it truly comes down to ownership.

Ozme52
02-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I disagree from the perspective that the importance of collaring is very much an internet invention. Not necessarily that it wasn't done before, but to equate it to marriage, whether more or less important, depends solely on the people doing it.

Just as there are friendship rings, class rings, decorative rings, and marriage rings, there are a whole range of collars of varying importance. From play collars to those that denote total ownership. And what of the couple who collars first and marries later? If the collar is more important, why bother? (Not saying it is or isn't, just that each couple defines their relationship differently.)

And let's face it, many who claim it more important that a marriage vow, dissolve it at the slightest hint of displeasure, or worse, at the first sign of a potential new acquisition. How could something so temporal be that important? Nor is there any civil law behind it, so it can be taken as easily as it is given. Seems to me to be wholly symbolic and therefore, my word has more weight than any symbol.

One other thought... Certainly a tattoo or brand would be a bigger commitment... (not that I'm suggesting that either.) But certainly a bigger commitment on the part of the wearer. And that's something the dominant could also do (or at least the tatt.) Not that I'd ever risk hexing a relationship by putting names onto skin, that seems like a sure way to bring things to an early end karmically. LOL

Maybe for some that is the biggest attraction of collars... they aren't a real commitment. Not even a legal commitment.

DeityorDevil
02-23-2011, 01:28 PM
I think it greatly depends on the significance given by the One offering the collar. In general I would take it as an indication of who that sub serves. Arguably, the same kind of idea shows up in military tags, gang tattoos, and correctionally instituted devices. They all indicate who the wearer serves within pre-agreed upon boundaries.

singletaillover
02-24-2011, 12:02 AM
I have a tattoo on my right tit it says slavekajira slave to Mastersingletail, i also wear a permanent collar and i wear them with honour and pride. I will be having another tattoo done on the left tit on my return to Australia it will be my slave registration number. This is how important it is to me. I have never been married been engaged twice though, i do all these things for Master as he is my owner i honour and respect Master very much.