PDA

View Full Version : Collar

singletaillover
02-23-2011, 01:35 AM
why does some subs and slaves say that a collar has a deeper meaning to them than a wedding ring I am just wondering that is all? Why is a collaring as important or more important than marriage?

denuseri
02-23-2011, 12:32 PM
There is a big difference for some between wearing a "collar" and being "collared".

From the slave's perspective however:

Perhaps it is becuase some people see the relationship between a Master and slave to be much more "binding" than ever a relationship between two free individuals who consider themselves to be "equals" could ever be.

It is said that there is no greater love than the love of a slave to her owner. Bound by more than just his will. The passion of the slave for her owner is absolute. She is more than just property and can do no less than give of herself to him everything.

Many say a free woman is incabable of love as the slave loves. For she always keeps sometimg for herself.

Only the slave is completely open to her owner in all ways, there are no secrets, no hidden desires, she is naked before Him in all. She bares forth her essence to him in everything, and he deepens her servitude with his strength over her, for she is his most cherished property. In this the slave is allowed nothing but utter trust and total devotion to her owner. Even her own deepest fears must be put aside to please her owners desires.

No free woman can truely give this much of herself. It is something truely rare in the world.

"The pride of a free woman is the pride of a woman who feels herself to be the equal of a man.
The pride of the slave girl is the pride of the girl who knows that no other woman is the equal of herself.' "

Avispet
02-23-2011, 06:19 PM
A collar may be as important as a wedding ring to some people, others don't view it that way. However, I'm sure people who are married would be quite upset to hear that their wedding ring isn't as important as a collar. Being kinky doesn't make your relationship or your love for your partner any deeper or "truer" than vanilla relationships. It's all about what you put into said relationship.

anna.kitty
02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
yes, but what about individuals who are unable to marry? Master and i are unable to marry due to the fact that its not just Master and i... but Master and i, and my sister sub... how would we marry? in this i think that the collar has its own specific meaning... and for us, a ring is nothing more then a smaller less visable collar.

armybondy
03-17-2011, 07:41 PM
For me, they each represent something different. The wedding band represents the marraige, the promise to honor each other, in both directions, and all that gushy stuff :) But nowadays, that is an equal footing, neither is in charge of the other. They have pledged their love, and the wedding bands represent that.

The collar, however, does not represent love (although a sub could love their Dom), but it represents a subs full submission to her Dom, which, in play, is more important than the love the wedding band signifies.