PDA

View Full Version : A vent about soldiers and cheap words

thir
03-01-2011, 04:16 AM
Personally I think that war is insanity, but that is btw. Here is my vent, and thank you for reading:

At the start and during a war you see the parades and hear the talk about our brave soldiers, and you see military funerals on TV with more talk about our heroes who died for their country/for democracy and all good things.

But what about the survivors? The people who come home mutilated in mind and body? Do they get pensions, treatment, help?

Not bloody likely! They are to a great extent left to struggle on as they best can, and not only that, they do not exist in the public eye!

So, if you die, you are good PR. If you loose arms or legs, you are an embarresment and you are keept invisible, as if your sacrifices do not matter at all!

Sorry, I just needed to get just a bit of my anger out of my system.

Thorne
03-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I agree with you. I think they should take all of the money that's spent on politicians and their families, including lifetime healthcare and pension plans that would make a union lawyer orgasm, and distribute it to all of the veterans and their families.

Lets face it, one soldier with an assault rifle standing in the line of fire has done more to protect this country than all of the congressmen, senators and presidents in our history. It's about time the government realized that fact and found a better way to compensate them.

denuseri
03-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Why not go after the corperate assholes who are really in charge and who put the governemnet assholes where they were and give all their stuff away to the people (workers and soliders alike)?

Canyon
03-01-2011, 09:35 PM
The military does do a lot to look after veterans. Example. i know someone who went into the navy, rank E-1 (the very bottom), had a heart problem in basic training, and was discharged. results. Somewhere between 2500 and 3000 dollars a month for life, free lifetime healthcare, free college (kids too). Worked about 5 weeks in basic training for these benefits. I cannot imagine that those who actually complete the course and go to war are not treated at least as well. Its certainly better than the deal I got in 21 years of service. Since I retired out of the reserves I don't see anything until 60 (12 years active service in there). if you don't think this is looking after your injured, (his caused by an undiscovered heart problem, probably genetic) I would like to see you do better under Obamacare. the only better healthcare plan I know of is California's Blue Shirt healthcare plan, ( unlimited coverage, massive overtesting. Tests completely repeated reguardless of cost, for second opinions, etc, rather than another Doctor telling you what the test administrator told him to), Now thats a health care plan! But it does cost, You have to pay a 5.00 Copay, although you can stack as many problems as you can think of, and as many return visits as you want on this money. There is also the problem of the required felony conviction. But is is the best health care plan in the country.

Thorne, when you make that list, also include our wacked out judges, they can go too!!!

thir
03-02-2011, 03:52 AM
This is a test

thir
03-02-2011, 04:09 AM
I agree with you. I think they should take all of the money that's spent on politicians and their families, including lifetime healthcare and pension plans that would make a union lawyer orgasm, and distribute it to all of the veterans and their families.

Sorry about the test mail, have had trouble getting in.

Who are 'they' who should take this from politicians, seeing they are the people in charge? Of their own economy, any way.
All we can do in our (in my opinion not very) democratic states is vote and hope.

Lets face it, one soldier with an assault rifle standing in the line of fire has done more to protect this country than all of the congressmen, senators and presidents in our history. It's about time the government realized that fact and found a better way to compensate them.

Don't agree about sodiers with assault rifles protecting countries, but again, that is btw.

I understand that more and more of the US army is mercenarys? I guess that would be so there is not need for the troublesome taking care of soldiers who don't die in battle.

I think mercenaries in wars is terrible.

thir
03-02-2011, 04:10 AM
Why not go after the corperate assholes who are really in charge and who put the governemnet assholes where they were and give all their stuff away to the people (workers and soliders alike)?

Sounds good. But who and how?

Thorne
03-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Hey denuseri, you know all those times you've complained about my throwing religion into every conversation? Well, you're doing the same thing with the Corporations.

Don't like the corporations? Think about what happens if we do what you've suggested here. Everybody in the country gets a few dollars in their pockets. But what will they spend it on? Not cars, certainly. No corporations to build them. Not computers, either. Better spend it on food, because without the transportation companies food's going to run short pretty quickly. You can forget about watching television, or traveling half-way across the country to see your family. That XM radio you bought might make a good paperweight. Won't be anything to listen to anyway. And you won't have a job, either. Plenty of time to work on that home garden, planting plenty of vegetables so you won't starve too quickly. And of course, you'll have to fortify your home, because without the taxes from the corporations, and from the people they once employed, there won't be any police or fire or ambulance services.

So quit complaining. If you don't like them, don't buy their products. Don't use their services. And if you want a chunk of their money, start your own business, become one of them. See if you can do better than the people who are there now. I'm guessing you can't, but hey, I've been known to be wrong.

Once.

A long time ago.

denuseri
03-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Obviously a lesson in english 101 is in order...I never said anything about getting rid of the corperations as institutions in and of themselves...please do read my post as written...going after the politicians is all well and good but, I simpley stateted we shouldnt dabble so much with the middle men as go for the ones who put them in power...the corperate "assholes" (implicating individuals not institutions) who are responsible for placing them there. Change them and change the world.

To find out which corperate assholes we need transparency in who pays to place the politicans in power, which means all of the books of every single politically contributing corperation and its CEO's etc and the books of the politicans themselves should be 100% transparent to the public in every regard period. Keep them that way and a lot of things will change for the better.

And Canyon is quite correct, at least from what I have read and seen, in America at least we do a lot more for the soliders who defend our nation than others. Is it enough? Some would argue yes and others no.

And thir...I agree with you as well...war is bad, and the wests conduct in these wars over rescource aquistion is already deplorable not that the terrorists are "nice" people or anything and using mercenaries imho makes matters worse.

pandora2010
03-02-2011, 02:51 PM
thir,

I agree with you about the injured veterans and how the government doesn't treat them as well as they should. A friend of mine returned from her tour in Iraq with mental health problems resulting from what she saw over there. She was medically discharged and sent home, and then she was told that she would have to wait 2 years to get her full medical help and would have to make do with the minimal care she got from the VA hospital. That is just not right!

She isn't even the first person I've heard about this kind of treatment from, another friend of mine came back with part of his leg gone. Now every time he has to go to the doctor he has to play the wait and see game on how much of the visit will be paid for by the government coverage he has.

This kind of treatment of the people that risk their lives defending our country is inexcusable. The government should not treat our veterans like this. Admittedly, I have seen other veterans that were well taken care of by the VA, but something must be done so that all of them receive the care they need without any slipping through the cracks in the system to be uncared for.

I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix this but I do know that all of the people that make the decisions to keep this war going need to make sure that they are not abandoning those that fight it for them.

To all of the veterans and solders out there, thank you.

Thorne
03-02-2011, 03:35 PM
we shouldnt dabble so much with the middle men as go for the ones who put them in power...the corperate "assholes" (implicating individuals not institutions) who are responsible for placing them there. Change them and change the world.
It's a nice idea, but without someone leading the corporation, you don't have a viable business. Just ask the Soviets how that worked out for them. You change them, or take them out, and who runs the corporations? The government? How is THAT an improvement?

To find out which corperate assholes we need transparency in who pays to place the politicans in power, which means all of the books of every single politically contributing corperation and its CEO's etc and the books of the politicans themselves should be 100% transparent to the public in every regard period. Keep them that way and a lot of things will change for the better.
Now this I can go along with. All aspects of politics should be transparent. After all, they are supposed to be representing us, the people.

Canyon
03-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Now this I can go along with. All aspects of politics should be transparent. After all, they are supposed to be representing us, the people.

they tried that in Kalifornia, oult here on the left coast. in the 70's they publicly passed a law for openness and disclosure, much to the joy of the citizens, then quietly went around and passed exceptions for themselves (politicians, and their doners). no outcry from the media, since most of the doners in CA for the left leaning politicians, are supporters of the left. Had they been conservitave there would have been a never ending front page outcry, for years if necessary. Politicians want a standard for themselves and a different standard for those who disagree with them, and the people who elect them. I guess that's one of the reasons I so love the conservative media we are seeing today. It did not exist at all when I was growing up, and now, whether you agree with them or not, most people admitt that it is good to have a discourse in politics. Another reason I love the Blog Sphere so much. Everything is out there, and no one party or ideology can control it, like the media was controlled by the left when I was young.