PDA

View Full Version : powershift

singletaillover
03-03-2011, 11:39 PM
for discussion purposes only (i am NOT having this issue)
What do you do when a Dominant has been dealt with a huge blow in their life (such as major illness or death to a loved one) and they are not able to do the things that they once did.
The slave then has stepped up and taken over everything, just so the Dominant can cope with what ever it is.
Then when the Dominant is back to their own self, the slave has a hard time relinquishing the power again.
Only because the slave has always been in relationships where the other person SAID they were Dominant only to turn into a kinky person, (nothing wrong with that at all, if you are into that sort of thing)
The Dominant does try to take power back but the slave just can;t seem to get out of power mode as they are afraid it will just go back to the way it was before

_ID_
03-04-2011, 01:10 PM
You either reconcile the concerns, or terminate the dynamic or perhaps even the relationship.

thir
03-04-2011, 08:13 PM
for discussion purposes only (i am NOT having this issue)
What do you do when a Dominant has been dealt with a huge blow in their life (such as major illness or death to a loved one) and they are not able to do the things that they once did.
The slave then has stepped up and taken over everything, just so the Dominant can cope with what ever it is.

Willingly?

The Dominant does try to take power back but the slave just can;t seem to get out of power mode as they are afraid it will just go back to the way it was before

But it was good before, wasn't it??
I do not quite follow. Can you elaborate a bit?

scarlet_85
04-24-2011, 08:32 PM
You either reconcile the concerns, or terminate the dynamic or perhaps even the relationship.
I agree with this. If there are two people struggling over the dominant role, perhaps its time to rethink the situation and relationship.

Nicipac
05-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I agree with ID ... if the relationship is solid I would suggest elevating the slave's role to that of a switch and bring in a new slave...or as the Dominant mentor the slave in the role of a Dominant and bring in a new slave or two

scarlet_85
05-06-2011, 09:11 PM
I just had a thought...

If there is already a struggle with each persons "place", would bringing in other slaves/subs make play disappear for the couple as a one on one basis? If both parties find that they are both Dom/mes, does this make them a team? I guess I haven't really read much on couples both playing the same role. And if they do both share the same role, do they share their slaves/subs as well?

I guess the obvious answer would be to each their own, but the idea of bringing in other people kind of sparked those questions as well.