PDA

View Full Version : Solo Sub Drop?

puplove51
03-14-2011, 04:20 PM
i understand what sub drop is (as well as sub space, but i've never truly experienced neither). however, usually after imagining various scenarios and masturbating, i immediately feel depressed.

is this normal? is it caused because of the realization that i'm alone (imagining a Master reassuring me and telling me he loves me as soon as i start feeling depressed sometimes helps), or is it related to the submissive nature of my fantasies?

has anyone else (alone or with someone else) experienced this, and to what degree?

puplove51
03-14-2011, 04:21 PM
never truly experienced either* my bad, typo. i'm a grammar nazi to myself :)

Ozme52
03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
What kind of punishments do you mete out to yourself for your grammar errors?

As far as feeling a drop after a high, such as masturbation, that's normal. How much you drop or think you drop depends a lot on how high you went and how large your ordinary mood swings tend to be.

I experience any post orgasmic high, self induced or not, as a mild disappointment that the event is over, albeit only temporaritly. If I were worried, I might positively feed that disappointment back unto itself until it seemed a total emotional drop.

Endorphin and adrenalin highs too, create lows as they fade.

Some of us, (perhaps mostly men,) often let the low drop us off to sleep, when our time, we are told, would be better spent cuddling.

Bottom line... I wouldn't worry about it. You might find this drop to be extremely mild in comparison, once you let an experienced sadist work you over for a couple of hours... ;(

foxy lady
03-23-2011, 12:15 AM
DO you only feel depressed after a climax? or do you feel more depressed? Most of us can really answer our own questions, the problem kicks in where we lack the -mental and pyicalally tools to fix it.
An orgasm does release powerful endorphins in the human body, maybe when you hit that point of ecstasy, the realization of your circumstance claims your vulnerability that you are feeling at the monument.

I would suggest you do some soul searching/meditation,question the feelings your feeling and when you feeling them, and if you do get to the conclusion that you are not your self-talk to some one. I think depression can be an awful thing to go threw.

all the best
xx

scarlet_85
06-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I think I experience a small amount of sub drop every time I leave my Master. It can last any where between 3 to 6 hours. I feel upset, stressed, withdrawn. It's like I need him to reassure me that its ok. From what I've read, this is perfectly natural. I think its the fall from an adrenaline and endorphine high. As long as its a temporary feeling, I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it. If its a constant feeling... please seek an outlet for help!! No need to be sad!!

sub_sequent
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
^ I find this very interesting. I was reading up on sub drop on another site and wanted to ask a question and then I found this thread. I have a few questions, though.

What if the circumstances were slightly different? Let say an o/l or r/l M/s relastionship. Play had been happening regularly (at least 2-3 times a week). It is a healthy and happy relationship where there is ample communication, fun and training.

What if one member of the relationship needs to attend to other matters/responsibilities. Or that person is very ill and needs treatment. Or need to go on a long trip etc. And this effectively puts the relationship "on hold". It was discussed and agreed upon by both parties. Times for communication are very limited but will happen. All in all - no negative feelings of doubt/ anger/ resentment/abandonment etc.

Could the submissive still experience these feelings described as "sub drop"? (crying, mood swings, depression) There is no endorphin rush to speak of. According to what I was reading(on this other site), sub drop is to be expected.

Can it really be called sub drop? Isn't it simply semantics? Two people sharing something so intimate and deep and now the sadness and void left by circumstance?

Would a Master also be experiencing these feelings?

Ok. That was alot of questions.
(I hope it is fine to piggy back on this thread, but I thought the comments above are valid and could be applicable here.)

I look forward to learning for A/all of you.
Vicki

sub_sequent
12-01-2011, 09:06 AM
* from all of You. :)

ksst
12-01-2011, 02:03 PM
I experienced all of that in the context of a vanilla relationship. I don't know if it's sub drop, because I don't know much about that. I have experienced it but don't understand it. I do know a lot about being desperately lonely for the other person and missing them terribly, which is what it sounds like you're going through. Big hugs.

sub_sequent
12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Appreciated but don't worry for me, dearie. :)
I'm simply reading up on this after something was mentioned on another site.

But if play and almost all the protocol surrounding a D/s or M/s relationship effectively stops (but without negative feelings) could feelings experienced then be considered sub-drop? (And if the Dominant experiences it, what would it be called?) It sounded plausable to me but I wanted to hear what the people here at the Library thought. I do prefer to listen to the collective opinion here! :)

ksst
12-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I hope someone who knows what they are talking about will answer. I'm just speculating.

ksst
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm glad you're ok :)

sub_sequent
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
:) thanks!

Lozzy_Girl
10-05-2013, 03:44 AM
I always get depressed after an orgasm. It's always been that way, and to begin with I thought it was because I was alone, and wished otherwise. But then me and my Mistress were playing and she made me cum, and still I got depressed to the point of tears. Luckily she was very understanding about it.