PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

scarlet_85
04-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Hello all Master's and Mistresses :)

I would like to be suspended in the crucifix position, hanging from a solid beam. My biggest fear is falling! Second would be having circulation problems. My Master and I have spent tons of time staring at that beam, discussing how to properly and safely suspend me lol

To those of you that have tried anything remotely close to this: How long did it take to properly knot and suspend your sub? How long have any of you left your sub suspended for? Did you incorporate punishment with it? I guess in general I'm wanting any and all feedback possible on it!

Any thoughts given are greatly appreciated :)

Snark
04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
The first question that comes to mind is: how are you going to attach to the beam? It is a structural beam, I presume. Decorative beams don't count. Enough eye screws can work...but they can also fail. Is it big enough to do the job? Rather than eye screws, a better concept would be to attach a component that can be through bolted to the beam. Then the component can be removed as desired, the holes covered for later use.

scarlet_85
04-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I was thinking u-bolts... and yes the beam is structural. Pretty solid for sure. I don't question whether it can hold my weight. I'm only 109 on a good day. I think eye bolts would be at higher risk of coming out though.

Snark
04-28-2011, 02:50 PM
The following link: http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Engineering/BCC/Documents/2009_NCBuildingCode_amendments/approved/2009NCResidential.pdf contains several charts (among a bunch of other stuff irrelevant to this discussion) that shows load capacity of beams based on size and length. 109# is pretty light (I've had hangovers heavier than that) but the question is whether the beam is already at capacity or not. I doubt that it is; building codes are very conservative (assuming that the structure is built to code.) EyeBOLTS that pass all the way through and are attached with a nut on the other end are fine. EyeSCREWS that have a screw section on the end are not. I'm not a rigger so I can't answer the rope questions. I tend toward leather, nylon and steel. Have fun! I'm sure that he will.

scarlet_85
04-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks so much, Snark :) I have to try everything at least once. This way I know what I do and don't like. I have intrigue on the steel side as well. Shackles are a huge turn on. It seems to add the the "slave" effect. Way hot! I am sure my Master will enjoy the suspension as well... His evil laugh definitely implies it :P

Mr.Quirt
04-29-2011, 10:48 PM
scarlet,
You wonder if any Doms have incorporated punishment with [crucifixion]? Crucifixion by itself is punishment. It produces death through asphyxiation when the position adjustment required for exhalation becomes impossible to perform due to muscle cramps. Desperately working cramped muscles is painful.
If you go through with this, you will need both a safeword and a safe signal, preferably a passive signal such as allowing an object to drop from your grasp. You'll have to remain awake; loss of consciousness would be fatal.
The historian Josephus relates a story of discovering a friend who had been crucified. He pursuaded the guard to allow the prisoner to be taken down. The prisoner survived though not taken down until his second day. There are many who dispute the story, however, as Josephus's animus against Christianity would have motivated him to exaggerate the survivability of crucifixion.
Mr. Quirt

denuseri
04-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Another consideration is making sure you can be quickly and safely removed from the suspension, and that you are never left unattended while in such a position.

scarlet_85
04-30-2011, 12:44 PM
scarlet,
You wonder if any Doms have incorporated punishment with [crucifixion]? Crucifixion by itself is punishment. It produces death through asphyxiation when the position adjustment required for exhalation becomes impossible to perform due to muscle cramps. Desperately working cramped muscles is painful.
If you go through with this, you will need both a safeword and a safe signal, preferably a passive signal such as allowing an object to drop from your grasp. You'll have to remain awake; loss of consciousness would be fatal.
The historian Josephus relates a story of discovering a friend who had been crucified. He pursuaded the guard to allow the prisoner to be taken down. The prisoner survived though not taken down until his second day. There are many who dispute the story, however, as Josephus's animus against Christianity would have motivated him to exaggerate the survivability of crucifixion.
Mr. Quirt

If I do this, I would want a harness on of some sort and the bulk of the weight support to be on the upper body. I want zero weight on the wrists however I do want them bound for the effect side of things. Also, there will be nothing around my neck. We will not intentionally incorporate and breath play into this scene. I am not sure how long I would want to stay up there. I suppose as long as the body allows in a safe manner. I understand that in most writings the crucifix position is a form of punishment, but we are not adding this to a scene as a punishment. I think the position is very sexy. And when suspended from the upper body, it tends to "stretch" the body.

I appreciate the feedback :) being able to see many aspects of the topic helps me have a clearer opinion on it.

scarlet_85
04-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Another consideration is making sure you can be quickly and safely removed from the suspension, and that you are never left unattended while in such a position.

This is a very good point. I don't think I should be too far off the ground. If a ladder or step stool is needed to get me down, I feel that's delaying getting me down quickly. I was thinking maybe 2 feet off the ground, max. I think being up higher would add to the feeling of floating, but until I know how my body is going to react to it, baby steps are needed. And my Master would never leave me unattended. We are huge into safety. Both of us make sure we know all the precautions necessary.

As always, Denuseri, your input is greatly appreciated :)

scarlet_85
04-30-2011, 12:54 PM
If you go through with this, you will need both a safeword and a safe signal, preferably a passive signal such as allowing an object to drop from your grasp.

Just wanted to add that this is an excellent suggestion. Having an object in my hand will be implemented. Thank you so much :)