PDA

View Full Version : Chat Emoticons

mzkkbprmt
02-03-2009, 09:55 AM
I've been in the chat room and I find it awfully limited. The small window size means that you can't fit many lines of text. When the room moves quickly it is very hard to keep track of it.

What I am suggesting is a BDSM library IRC chatroom. There are a number of free IRC browsers for Windows, Mac OS, Linux etc and I personally find it far better then an 'online' chatroom such as this one. It is possible to make IRC rooms secret so only people who know about them can enter, and so on. I am not an expert on IRC but from past experience I would say it is far better than what this site currently has in place.

An IRC room would require:

OPs to moderate the room
to be put on a particular network
to be registered (for free)

As I said, I am not an expert. Also, as a newb to this site I can understand if people don't think it is the best option. I just thought I should recommend it - from personal experience I have found it to be a vert effective and useful form of chat.

Fnordstrum
02-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I personally second this, being able to use an IRC client is much more convienent than using some java client in a web browser.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Torq
02-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestion,,BUT the Java based chat we have an run will be staying as is.

Have had an operated IRC type rooms definetly NOT all there cracked up to be

Room text size can be reduced as well as slowing down scoll, see chat options.

be Well
T

denuseri
02-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Try using the F11 key to toggle back and forth between a full screen and regular screen setting

it really makes it easier to see everything

also remember to click the "anchor" symbol (highlighting it) so that you can manually work your scroll bar so you can read back the posts at your own speed

and alltough I dont use the following feature I have heard there is a way to make the avatars disapear so its an all text format which again makes even more room on the screen before it advances

shayna{L_D}
02-04-2009, 05:36 AM
denu that last setting your talking about is in the grey wheel next to the list of names, you can also make the lines smaller so you can have more users per line.. and no avis or smilies..

wulfman
01-28-2010, 06:09 AM
i would suggest icons next to someone's avatar that show if they are male or female, submissive or Master or switch.

noir
01-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi, just a simple request please. I would prefer a dark background color for the library similar to the forums.

MistressGaGa
01-02-2011, 10:49 PM
I second this request, but with a toggle option to switch between light and dark.

shaedee
01-18-2011, 11:32 PM
That could be helpful especially for those of us who are newbies and don't know folks yet. Another option might be the use of a convention such as a Dom/me's name in all caps or with caps and a sub's with all lowercase letters. Some indicator of status would be helpful. I agree.

thir
01-29-2011, 10:06 AM
I think it is more fun not to know :-)

I note that neither of you have done this???

shaedee
01-30-2011, 02:44 AM
I think it is more fun not to know :-)

I note that neither of you have done this???

thir,
Confused can be fun if you know enough to know how to function at a basic level in the chat room. I still get confused when I don't know and it takes a lot of time since i am not used to the chat customs yet, i usually just put my name in small letters, have no idea how one would put icons with my name and since it isn't common i probably won't do it. I do understand how you can find it fun not to know.

flyfish
03-22-2011, 10:16 PM
this is very funny

Ozme52
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
I had to cap my name because visits to the chat room garnered mashers assuming I was female and submissive. Capitalizing the "O" instantly fixed that.

The only problem with icons... is there aren't enough to describe all the variations. Male/female? what about the transgendered, gender-benders, and hermaphroditic? Dom/sub? You leave out switches, those who dominate all but one to whom they sub, the reverse, tops and bottoms who don't, per se dom or sub, and all sorts of kinksters who don't identify with a role at all.

This is like trying to encode ALL the various types into a single "handkerchief" code. LOL

shaedee
03-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Good points, and leaving me with mental pictures of a little guy or gal icon with jeans on and a handkerchief of different color and location for each of the categories lol.

lexora
04-27-2011, 07:58 PM
ello ello!!!

Anyway nuff' of that nice stuff!!

I have a suggestion the chat Emoticons look like soul stealing soulless faces, so I would like suggesting different ones... they are scary and evil looking OO

Anyway it be fun to have more and more choices and some nicer looking ones as those that are in chat are well empty looking -_-" well anyway ty for reading ^^

Master_Nova
05-12-2011, 08:02 PM
huh?

Master_Nova
05-16-2011, 09:07 PM
if ytou are a Domme you put you first letther of ytour name in Caps sheadee, as ub puts there name in small caps

Master_Nova
05-16-2011, 09:29 PM
there are different chat sites for gay, Transengers.....etc

XxAlicexX
06-17-2015, 02:58 PM
I would appreciate anything that would make it so I can access chat AT ALL!
Sincerely,
iPhone user