PDA

View Full Version : How does your slave adress me?

ThFH
06-18-2011, 03:01 AM
My slave and I are thinking on how she should adress me. Most of the time it will be Mistress. But in Dutch you have the personal pronoun for second-person U like for German you have Sie and in French Vous. This personal pronoun is used to be more polite to an other person like a teacher or higher ranked person(judge).

I think my slave should if neccesarry adres me with U.

Maybe I can get some advise from other people who speak Dutch, German, French or any other language that uses a polite second pronoun.

Thanks

Austerus
06-18-2011, 06:28 AM
2nd person formal sounds like a lovely rule to use for your slave to address you. I only speak some French and have never had a French slave, but if I did I think her addressing me with "vous" would be charming.

ThFH
06-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Thank you for your opinion if anyone els has his or her opinion on this matter feel free to give it.

Ozme52
06-20-2011, 11:25 AM
It's no different than the usage we see in English... in other words, the same way lower born folk address the gentry or how the gentry address the peerage.

ThFH
06-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Can you give me an example I only had english in highschool and nowdays have to use it at university but i don't understand what you are trying to explain.

Ozme52
06-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Sir, Sire, M'lord, M'lady, Master, Mistress.

Instead of a formal You vs. an informal you (in those languages that have it,) I would think it more appropriate to use the full honorific. Even Darth Vader addressed the Emperor with "My Master."

Austerus
06-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Darth Vader: Vinyl-Clad Sub. That's a funny thought.

ThFH
06-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes I most of the time my slave will adress me with mistress but if it is neccesarry it will be a formal You.

Ozme52
06-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Darth Vader: Vinyl-Clad Sub. That's a funny thought.

More the switch... based on societal status and the size of ones.... light saber.

Austerus
06-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Ah yes, how could I forget his love of breath play.

Ozme52
06-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Lmao!!

SirStein
06-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Think of it more in student teacher atmosphere. We always used Sie.
Moechten Sie etwas zu trinken?

lejonhjarta
07-02-2011, 09:13 AM
hahahahaha, amazing how darth vader seems to make his way into every conversation in life aint it?

memche
07-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Dear ThFH,

If you use a language that has the polite second person pronoun, then DO use it. My Master is German, and I always refer to him as Sie not Du. In my opinion, it is a wonderful way to have a solid "hierarchy" for us even in pulic, since no one will turn heads if you use that, which can't really be said about Master/Mistress or the like. I/we use those (Mistress...) when we're alone or among friends who understand more about our lifestyle.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that having your sub formally address you works wonderfully for me, and I always feel "more submissive" when I say that, because its a constant reminder of my role in the relationship (not that I really need it, but it works wonders).

Aibo
08-15-2011, 04:53 AM
My ex said 'Master' using the English word, my current one use the European 'Sir'
As a sidenote I can tell that 'Mester' is the common one in Norway - familiar to you English speaking guys here.

sub_sequent
08-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I am Afrikaans. A language very similar to Dutch. My Sir is English and doen't understand Afrikaans. However, if he did and I had to address him, I have no doubt that I would use the formal 'U'. It not only clearly shows the dynamics of our relationship. It is a sign of respect. (Not simply because he is a dominant, but a sign of the respect I have for him as a person too.) And a very clear way for me to feel more submissive to him.

iucundavi
10-29-2011, 01:11 AM
I would insist on the 2nd person formal if the sub was a speaker of any language with this locution. I speak Italian, and with an Italian sub, she would unquestionably address me as "Voi."