PDA

View Full Version : male sub literature?

lejonhjarta
06-23-2011, 08:11 AM
hey folks,
i'm just wondering if anyone knows of any good erotic literature about male submission.

i've done some reading and found some serious problems with everything i've read. most of the erotic short stories i've found have all been written from the Domina's perspective, or lack any real emotion, or if it dose have loving emotion, it's as tame as when one of my early girlfriends bought a "my first bondage kit". *rolling eyes, remembering the "crop" that broke in half after the first light spank*

the (very) few i've read that were from a male sub's perspective and also involved something as daring as *gasp!* handcuffs or a paddle, were very strange and filled with "mommy issues" and a dirty sort of self loathing.

On the other hand there's Venus in Furs, a definitive book, a good one, and undeniably hot in places, but the ending really bummed me out, she betrays him? she lets her master beat the sh*t out of him?! the moral is women are always evil?!! am i reading this wrong? uhg.

female subs have Story of O, which is a wonderful book, though it takes things a bit far (hey it's fantasy), but are we males doomed to read about practically vanilla, (for some reason usually cheating) unloved sad sacks from their Domme's perspective? :mad:

Anyone know anything good?

thanks,
lejon

delish
07-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Not being in your position, I've never considered how frustrating it must be to come across scores of erotica supposedly geared toward you that doesn't actually touch on your desires, or even have an emotional base to it. I totally get the need for that emotional reality, because it is what I look for in a lot of stories. Most of the msub stories don't appeal to me, but I assumed that was because it just isn't my "thing" most of the time (exception: chastity stories, mm).

I've been outlining a story with a male submissive as the main character for a few months now, but I'm kind of a pussy about sharing my writing, and if I can't write the perspective well enough, I won't write it at all. Other than that.... I'll have to do some searching through the library, to see if I can find anything. Just to make sure, you're looking for the following:

-msub perspective
-Fdom who isn't a sociopath/cheater/caricature
-msub who lacks self-hatred/mommy issues
-an emotional connection between them
-actual kink included in the relationship

I'm off to go looking- I'll let you know if I find anything that fits the bill. Feel free to straighten me out if I've misunderstood anything. :)

delish
07-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Not a lot of luck- I found this story (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/stories/story.php?storyid=5622) called "Five Words" that has some of the issues most stories of this type have, but there's a level of humanity in it that isn't portrayed frequently enough. I skipped ahead to make sure the ending was satisfying, so I only read the first two and last two chapters, but it has promise. It does feature cheating, though. There's a lot of character development that takes place throughout. I'll keep looking, and hopefully others will know of some titles offhand.

lejonhjarta
07-10-2011, 08:09 AM
wow! thanks a lot! awfuly nice of you! :D

leo9
07-13-2011, 11:01 PM
(Modest cough) I wrote this, you might like it
http://www.bdsm-e-books.com/store/the-property-of-a-lady-bertram-fox/prod_997.html
(One reason it didn't sell as well as my others is probably that they used just about the only M/m scene in the whole book for the exerpt. The rest is solid F+/m.)

It is written mostly from the Domme's viewpoint - a mistake I'll fix when I rewrite it for another publisher - but the main theme is that it starts out non-con and ends in love. I would really appreciate a femdom fan's comments.

lejonhjarta
07-17-2011, 02:06 PM
i'm a bit ashamed to say, but right now even that amount of money is a bit much for me to spend on non essentials (saving up for a trip), but when i'm back i'll get it and let you know what i think, realy odd they would put the M/m bit in as the example, but looked quite well written (as far as you can tell from just a little blurb), i look forward to reading it.

i'll tell you more as soon as i can, and please let me know when you republish :)

subpeter
12-01-2011, 09:09 AM
I was fortunate enough to start out with the Mule's Barnyard, IMHO one of the best femdome erotic story sites I've found. Sadly itīs been a very long time since itīs been updated but there's a lot of great stories in there:

http://www.thebarnyard.net/