PDA

View Full Version : Who would you serve?

MasterT66
08-01-2011, 01:47 AM
I really want to know who would you serve? The Master who you love but can't give you physically 24/7 until a later date (6 months? 1 year?) or the Master who is there this moment to fufill your physical and emotional needs? Which do you choose??

denuseri
08-01-2011, 08:29 AM
One would think that would be obvious, but it's all too easy for people to delude themselves imho shrugs.

When you say "can't be there" do you mean it's an online only relationship where the two parties haven't even so much as met face to face even once?

DowntownAmber
08-01-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm a firm believer in love, m'self. A little waiting for such a lofty thing never killed anyone. So long as there's a clear plan to be together as opposed to a handful of hope and a sprinkle of wishful thinking, my vote is for love every time.

That being said: I'm also a firm believer in the fact that what "love" actually means depends on who you ask and the time of day you ask them. What you're writing and what I'm actually reading may be two totally different notions.

karley
08-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Funnily enough, if i wanted to i could be facing this decision. However, i've got more than enough patience to wait. W/we met online, and W/we've still yet to meet face to face, but i'm more than willing to wait until W/we are able to physically be together.

delish
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
If I truly loved and had faith in the relationship, I'd stay. (Then again, my Sir and I were online for 3 years before we met.) If I needed something more immediate and was able to walk away, only to later discover I'd walked away from love, that would be something I'd have to live with.

However, here's something to keep in mind: There are a million scenarios that fit into the question you've asked. It's not as simple as that. Life has shades of gray, and mitigating circumstances and needs, wants, desires, hormones, what-ifs and maybes. Sometimes people do stupid, hurtful things, and sometimes we're the ones doing those stupid, hurtful things to others.

Everyone lives with the consequences of their own actions. Make your choices with compassion and integrity, and learn from your mistakes. Hope that, in this scenario, the outcome is ultimately positive. Learn from the mistakes of others. Understand that not all choices made are about you, even ones that are intimately linked to you.

Finally, love is not a once in a lifetime thing. It's romantic to think so, at the time, but as long as you seek it out, love will visit and revisit you in many forms.

Be well and have hope!

MstrJake
08-08-2011, 08:10 PM
This is a wonderfully thought provoking question. Too bad more haven't chimed in with their twopence. I think that life does not always or often occur as a choice between two alternatives. Life more often occurs as a choice between now or not now. Rarely, for example, does a naturally submissive person have a choice between the perfect romantic match who will be available in 6 months, if all goes well, or a not quite perfect, not so romantic, but okay for now Master who is available right now. Usually what happens is, someone comes along who seems to fulfill some of one's desires, and you get to choose this or not this. So does love grow as the whip marks become more perfectly placed, or does one wait for Zorro.

Does the Master without portfolio go ahead and spend time with the woman who is not really a natural slave, but likes to be tied up and spanked and then fucked, but her physical attributes are not what one has been seeing on Kink.com?

Ah, real life. Kinda cool isn't it?

lucy
08-12-2011, 01:38 AM
I really want to know who would you serve? The Master who you love but can't give you physically 24/7 until a later date (6 months? 1 year?) or the Master who is there this moment to fufill your physical and emotional needs? Which do you choose??
If I love the former but not the latter my needs, at least not my emotional needs, won't be fulfilled by the latter Master. So I guess I'd wait. Like Amber said, a little waiting never killed anyone. Problem is, can you be sure it's love your waiting for?

Ah, real life. Kinda cool isn't it?
Yep, awesomely uber-cool.

Dog's Lady
09-23-2011, 06:41 PM
The one I love, with whom I can't be full time just yet, is the one who fulfills my emotional, and sometimes, physical needs. If we aren't together, physically, well, let's just say I have finally gotten pretty good at phone sex, and he already was, so he can even meet those needs. That said, sometimes nothing can replace a comforting hug, which is why I have friends, too. In short, I am waiting for Mr. Right and I to be together full-time, and value myself just enough not to settle for Mr. Right Now.