PDA

View Full Version : Master

singletaillover
08-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Would love to hear everyones thoughts on the following (saw this question on another site)
What are your thoughts on a submissive/slave calling or referring to someone as Master..........not Master (with their name here), but just the word Master, when they are not in a relationship with that person?

As a submissive/slave, how would you feel if another referred to your Master as Master?
How would you handle it?

As a Dominant/Master, how would You feel and how would you handle it if a submissive/slave who you did not own referred to You in that manner?

simplydesire
08-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I won't refer to anyone other than the one who ownes me as Master. It's not a title I would use for someone else. Except for one Mistress online, who hates being called Ma'am. I refer to her as Mystress and my former owner was extremely surprised by that. My preference is to use Sir/Ma'am. Although I have also been reprimanded for using that with those who don't own me. I use it as a term of respect, but it seems some doesn't want any title except by those who they own.

Nicipac
08-05-2011, 10:24 PM
I would tell them that I am not their Master. If they were owned I would speak to their owner and advise them of their actions....Sir out of respect or if they don't know my name and Nicipac if they do....

delish
08-06-2011, 05:17 AM
Would love to hear everyones thoughts on the following (saw this question on another site)
What are your thoughts on a submissive/slave calling or referring to someone as Master..........not Master (with their name here), but just the word Master, when they are not in a relationship with that person?

As a submissive/slave, how would you feel if another referred to your Master as Master?
How would you handle it?

I had this whole post written up and then realized I could sum it up more concisely. You're welcome! :)

I use the honorific 'Sir' in my relationship, as 'Master' has always felt unwieldy/unnatural for him. We're not involved in the kink community offline, and he's not involved in it online, so it's not really something we might encounter. I think if we were to be put in that situation, he'd chuckle and pull up his "Aw, shucks" southern (US) accent and say, "Just call me [his first name]," to put the submissive at ease. I'm very secure in my relationship, so if it turned out that the familiarity was intentional (Maybe flirting, for example), I'd let her knock herself out trying. Honestly, Sir would have it handled before I needed to speak up.

denuseri
08-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Whats more important to me is that the individuals involved in the relationship, group or whatever it may be are all in common accord with each other and respectful that different titular distinctions mean different things for different people in the community.

In some circles the terms master and mistress are only used between collared slaves and their owners and in some groups they are commonly expected to be used in reference to all dominants.

Whisperz
08-07-2011, 11:58 PM
i would have to agree with denu on this one. what is considered acceptable by some is not-so-much with others. the meaning and level of importance behind each and every bdsm title is different for everyone...whether it be per person, per relationship, per group, or so on...

that being said...i, myself, would never even consider calling someone Master unless they were to own me...for me, that title holds too much meaning. and if anyone had objections to this, they would need to be taking it up with my owner...who, i can imagine, would be explaining that he would never expect me do such a thing to start with.