PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a toy bag? What is in it?

this.is.me
08-17-2011, 02:50 PM
After having nothing to do with this lifestyle for the past 2-3 years I no longer own any type of toys, restraints, or anything like that. I have been recently attending more play parties in my local scene, usually I just go to socialize but sometimes I want to play. For the most part public play is just not my things though. Occasionally I meet someone I think it would be fun to play with that night but sometimes we just don't have anything with use. At least with the people around here there is almost always someone willing to lend to a paddle or a flogger or something but I really hate having to do that. So I was thinking I need to make myself a toy bag, not just hope the Dom I want to play with has one. Besides sometimes I like to be a little bloody at the end and it would be comforting to know exactly where what did it has been and exactly how well it was cleaned.

I am a little stuck though on what I really should buy. I never switch so have no idea how to use most of the things I like used on me. I have debated having someone show me how but I just really really don't want to hit anyone LOL. Since I don't know how to use these things I would assume not every Dom out there knows how to use all of them either and I don't want to end up with someone trying something out for the first time on me without any instruction just because it was there. That could end very badly. I figure I should get some type of restraints for myself but not sure what to get, I was thinking a leather cuff set would be simple and versatile, and once again I wouldn't have to worry about someone who doesn't know rope that well injuring me.

I don't have much disposable income right now so this would be a slow work in progress so advice on where to start would be great but I also just really want to know what you carry with you. I currently have a few first aid supplies but thats not really a play party thing, thats just a I always have first aid stuff with me.

Please don't get the idea from some of the stuff I wrote here I recklessly play with strangers. With someone new if I don't know the person several people I do know have to vouch for them. Honestly though I don't venture out from a few people I know well very often.

lozerette
08-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I don't go out places to play, but when we go on vacation we tend to take what we consider the basics. I have a pair of fur-lined leather cuffs that I adore, the favorite flogger (we have a few, but we only bring the favorite), a blindfold, and some belts, which can serve as restraints or pain implements. Eventually I'll be adding a gag, but we're still searching for the right fit on that. ;)

Other than that, we tend to get creative. I would suggest that you figure out what *you* consider the basics, and start there.

SilentMelody
08-23-2011, 03:02 AM
My Miss made me a goody bag, but it was meant more to be an emergency kit, because I live two hours away and it's meant to help with sub drop, or just when I'm feeling kinky.

All of the things in the bag I can use on myself, but can also be used by others on me. ( not that I do that at all) everything's easy to come by and good on a budget. But anyway, there are:
a set of different colored tea light candles (different colors actually feel different too)
about 6 sets of different types of clamps ( everyday clamps, like washing pins, hair pins etc)
a thick-ish rope (for hitting, works well if you don't have a flogger)
longer thin rope (to tie 'things' up)
Several needles and alcohol swabs ( I was unsure about the needle thing so she gave them to me so I can try it on my own time to see if I like it. I do!)

I'd recommend you also getting a few pieces of cloth, to blindfold and gag. But the point is, you don't need to spend a lot to make up an awesome goody bag. Your house is full of pervertables. Go hunt for some!

Flaming_Redhead
08-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Since I used to top, I have several hundred dollars' worth of toys in a tool box. *lol* You really don't need to spend that much to have your own toy bag because most tops prefer to use their own floggers and whips since they're accustomed to the weight, length, etc. What I have, and what Master now uses on me, are:

1. A 3-ring bondage collar.
2. Dog leash.
3. Bit gag.
4. Clover clamps.
5. Large paint stirring stick.
6. Butterfly-shaped riding crop.
7. Nylon cane.
8. Oiled leather braided flogger.
9. Two matching brushed leather floggers.
10. Oiled leather flogger.
11. Quirt.
12. Short cat o' nine tails.
13. Leather wrist cuffs and ankle cuffs.
14. Four carabiners.
15. Leather blindfold.
16. Satin sleep mask.
17. Handcuffs made from Cable Cuffs and zip tie.
18. Automobile clothes rod used as spreader bar.
19. Black leather belt.
20. Ratcheting tie downs used as under-bed restraints.
21. Ball gag made from Wiffle golf ball and shoe string.
22. Hitachi Magic Wand.
23. Red Devil vibrator.
24. PaperTiger wallpaper scoring tool.
25. System Jo H2O lube.
26. Wet original lube.
27. Wet fun flavors fantasy set.
28. Love Stuff arousal creme.
29. K-Y Yours and Mine.
30. Condoms.
31. Clothespins.

this.is.me
08-24-2011, 05:32 PM
most tops prefer to use their own floggers and whips since they're accustomed to the weight, length, etc.

Thats kinda what I was wondering. I mean if I go out and spend money on some great flogger or whip would someone be comfortable even using it on me. I also mentioned before a fear of having something like a single tail in my bag and having someone decide this sounds like a great time to try it out for the first time.

Flaming_Redhead
08-24-2011, 06:27 PM
I've borrowed floggers before, but not everyone is willing to use what isn't theirs. What you should probably focus on is insertables, i.e. vibrators, plugs and gags, because you don't want to use anyone else's. Most of those aren't made of materials that can be sterilized. A first-aid kit is an excellent idea. Also, safer-sex items such as dental dams, condoms and latex gloves are a must. You might want to think about packing an aftercare bag with either a robe or small blanket, drink, snack and soothing lotion for inflamed skin.

this.is.me
08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I definatly need to put together a better aftercare kit, especially since I probably already own everything I need. Actually I will probably make one of those tonight.

Panties stay on when I play but might having some those things probably isn't a bad idea. The reason I was leaning toward getting my own impact toys is the same reason I would want my own insertsables though, sometimes I like to play pretty hard and my skin breaks...during a scene in my is usually not so focused on how exactly that flogger could have possibly been properly sterilized.

Dog's Lady
09-21-2011, 09:31 PM
When you look at impact toys, you can initially test them this way, according to my top: use the inside of your forearm. No, it doesn't tell you everything you need to know to use the toy well, but you can get an idea as to the type of impact-sting, thud-and the level of pain in can inflict. Then you can decide if it matches your tastes.
As an example, he had me test all of his toys this way, in front of him. I found a few that I really like--I go for sting-y--and a couple that I wasn't so crazy about-the ping-pong paddle still scares me, as it had a pretty solid thud, even when tested lightly, and the felt flogger is just evil: swing as hard as he might, he cannot cause me pain with it! I feel it make contact, but it never hurts. With the way I feel about pain, and just the amount he has pushed me farther than I thought I could go, both in terms of intensity and duration, for him to hit me over and over and never hurt me is real torture!
Sorry if I got too long-winded, but I hope this helps!