PDA

View Full Version : Storys not wanted on this site?

sputnik
08-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Anyone else faced difficulties with administration?

None too friendly on this site; does thi have anything to do with where I'm hailing from?

lucy
08-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Maybe it has to do with what you state where you come from: The civilised world- not the US.
What goes around, comes around, eh?

Apart from that: Nope, never had a problem. I send them, they are uploaded a week or two later, I get a notification, that's it.

Snark
08-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Perhaps it is the subject matter you write about....I have no problems. You get a notification, Lucy? Not that it matters.

sputnik
08-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback chaps.

Razor7826
08-21-2011, 08:06 AM
When did you submit your stories, and did you hear anything back? Updates can take a very long time, and there may be too many issues with grammar and spelling for the site.

lucy
08-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Perhaps it is the subject matter you write about....I have no problems. You get a notification, Lucy? Not that it matters.
Actually I'm not sure whether I get a notification when it's published. But I do get one when someone leaves a comment or review.

js207
08-28-2011, 05:32 AM
I remember getting an email when my very first submission was published, several years ago but I'm pretty sure I didn't get one for my latest earlier this year - presumably a change of policy with the change of staff? The first indication I got of 'Rules of the House' having been published was when I got a review.

As long as it's long enough to consider and loosely on-topic for the site's audience, there isn't much they won't publish as far as I've seen - very underage content or naming individuals would be about the only reasons I could think of for a story bouncing, although there's an official list around somewhere. Pretty much any combination of male or female, alien or machine, consensual or not, English or foreign-language ... have you had something rejected without a clear reason?

himannv
11-27-2011, 12:20 PM
I tried submitting one a couple of weeks back which hasn't been published yet. My gut feeling is that it was probably not good enough for the site in terms of grammer and my poor way of expressing certain things. The reason I decided to post in here is because I'm curious if there are some actual genre related concerns related to submitting a story (besides the obvious stuff like underage content, etc).

himannv
11-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks for taking the time to explain that. My apologies if I sounded pushy there, I reckon I was slightly unsure of how my work would come across to the general readers of this site. Thanks again for the reply, its much appreciated.

LooseLois
01-07-2012, 03:27 PM
I tried posting a story on Dec 19 but it hasn't been published. There have been two updates to the site since I submitted it. Since I have had no acknowledgement of any kind, I have no idea whether the submission even worked. I tried submitting again today.

himannv
01-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Seems its released now :)

Venom
01-08-2012, 05:35 PM
And it's not too bad, either. :p