PDA

View Full Version : the virgin mistake

madhatter84
08-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Has anyone made the virgin mistake of thinking something ment more than it really did because off there being a virgin to the sittuation if so what advice do you have for those still new to the scene in hopes they can avoid it themselves?

denuseri
08-31-2011, 09:49 AM
What specific situation does one mean?

Ozme52
09-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Most people new to this lifestyle are unprepared for the intense emotions it evokes. Sub and dom alike.

The more experienced person sometimes forgets that their inexperienced partner was overwhelmed and will feel more attachment. I find it best to be up-front about that. Warn them about how they'll likely feel, and remind them that a meaningful relationship takes time to developp and not expect immediate reciprocity of feelings.

You can't avoid it... but you can avoid being disappointed by taking the proverbial ten-count and see how you feel a week later. I think "professing" one's love makes the apparent rejection worse. Waiting to see how the more experienced person acts over the next (few) week(s) makes it easier to cope if you haven't put your emotions out on display.

madhatter84
09-04-2011, 06:23 PM
ty

Domin8or
09-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Most people new to this lifestyle are unprepared for the intense emotions it evokes. Sub and dom alike.

The more experienced person sometimes forgets that their inexperienced partner was overwhelmed and will feel more attachment. I find it best to be up-front about that. Warn them about how they'll likely feel, and remind them that a meaningful relationship takes time to developp and not expect immediate reciprocity of feelings.

You can't avoid it... but you can avoid being disappointed by taking the proverbial ten-count and see how you feel a week later. I think "professing" one's love makes the apparent rejection worse. Waiting to see how the more experienced person acts over the next (few) week(s) makes it easier to cope if you haven't put your emotions out on display.

Well said.