PDA

View Full Version : What goes in a journal?

Dog's Lady
09-24-2011, 11:11 AM
The idea of keeping a journal came up in a thread I posted elsewhere, but I haven't gotten any responses there, so I am coming to the source. What sort of things do you have your sub journal about? My lover/master has not asked me to keep one, but I have been told it is a way to grow as a sub, and I definitely want to be better for him. Would any of you be willing to share what you ask of your sub? He is not tasking me, either, so I would have to self-task to journal about that--I would welcome those type of ideas as well.
Thank you all for your time and help.

herdomSir
09-24-2011, 07:46 PM
My sub uses hers to write her thoughts and feelings after sessions, or written assignments I give her (ie. write a role play fantasy, or make a list of 20 things you could do to be a better sub)
Also it can be a good outlet for speaking your mind.

foxy lady
09-28-2011, 08:35 PM
i still fail to see the point. it extremely time consuming. why not talk to the Dom directly if issues appear

sirslittleslut
09-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Sir has asked me to expand upon his answer (the submissive in question from his earlier reply). i LOVE my journal! LOVE IT- can't stress that enough. First off after any particularly intense session once i have been brought back to reality, Sir hands me my journal. What comes out is uncensored, real, and not thought out. i just write and write, like there is a direct connection between my brain and the paper. Sometimes not even i am aware of the actuall words on the paper until i go back and read them. Sir always reads what i write, it gives him a REAL and unrestrained look at what just went on in my body and mind. Secondly, it can be difficult as a sub to go to your Dominate and... hmmm how to put this.... bitch about them or their behavior. Walking up and saying "Sir/Ma'am I have a problem with x that you are doing or y that you are not" is sometimes quite impossable for a sub to feel like they can do with out breaching their place or showing impropper amounts of respect. Now a well thought out page in the journal where no one speaks back until your words are done- thats easy to do. To write "with all due respect sir i feel this way". Paper is not judgemental, and will not REACT as we write, so it can be unfilterd honesty- something a sub may find hard when face to face with their Dom. And thirdly, i get assignments that help Sir further understand my inner needs and desired (sexually and emotionally). i will have to write out a fantisy sceene with details, or come up with a limit i think He could push, or maybe 10 things i can do to be a better sub and 10 things i think He could do to be a better Dom. Now not every single wish or complaint is COMPLIED with by Him, He is my Sir and does as He sees fit, but the journal gives Him access to my thoughts in a respectful and non intimadating way.... hope that helps

denuseri
09-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Im with foxy on this one...Ive never had any real life dominants ask me to make some kind of diary or journal up for them..we just directly interacted. Sometimes different doms would take notes when we were in the negotiation stages.

Kore
11-19-2011, 05:13 PM
^^ ^^ Take all of the above and following notes and thoughts, run with them and see what fits.

Foxy, denuseri, love you both - big time!

Dog's Lady, you'll find many pros and cons to a journal but at least consider these two points:
a) The journal is a testament to a journey and anything can be inserted for the use of both, for all the right reasons.
b) The journal can also be used to "measure" the journey, it is a record of ideas, memories, thoughts, securities or that lack of.

So some, the journal can work well and others, certainly not. For some however, the ones that have issues with expression, can work very well. At least give it a try and who knows, may be the next best seller.
All the best