PDA

View Full Version : knee braces?

Adamoverjules
01-12-2005, 04:11 PM
I had a dream last night about some knee braces that can be used to lock the knees in a certain angle...like with a strip above and below the knee, then hinged at the knee, with wing nut type things to lock them down. The only thing comparable to this that I know of is a huge brace for a torn ACL...anyone know of anything that would work without being so obscure?

Nightstriker
01-12-2005, 06:18 PM
My only suggestion could be to make a splint witn metal/stiff plastic and leather or some strong rope.

place the metal/plastic on either side of the leg, as well as on the "top" and "bottom" and then wrap the leather up and down the two side peices, Useing it to keep the knee stationary.

This will probably require a rather long length of leather. I personally would avoide useing wide strips of leather in favor of thinner and one whole peice.

Chuckdom19
01-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Try using some empty bleach bottles with that leather. You can line them with some padding from any fabric store, glued in with crazy glue.

You can cut the bottles into any shape you need, larger or smaller short or long.