PDA

View Full Version : Ymca

ksst
10-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Ok, I had a bit of trepidation about going swimming at the Y today. The communal dressing room was giving me a combination of anxiety and anticipatory exhibitionism since today I am sporting several stripes on the butt. I was worried about someone seeing the marks and thinking I was actually abused rather that the truth of enjoying it. In the news here we certainly see more spouse abuse than we see about people enjoying bdsm. It turned out to be a non issue since I got my own locker aisleway- it was not that busy. But I could see it happening in the future again. Does anyone else worry about this, or do I just say, what the hell, who cares what they think? I sometimes run into people I know there, who also know my husband. I guess I could change in the bathroom, but that is difficult and seems weird.

denuseri
10-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Yep the ole should I change in the bathroom stall or try a stealth out changing (once wore more than one set of stuff, like work out sweats over my bathing suit etc) or at home prior to going to the gym dilemma gets one thinking doesnt it lol.

And its not like one can be saying sorry honey...no bdsmy fun tonight I have to work out in the morning either is it?

ksst
10-16-2011, 07:09 AM
I would never want to miss out on bdsm fun for that reason :) I'd rather skip the workout.

Ozme52
10-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Just wear your "Kinky and Proud" button. ;)

Domin8or
10-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Stop worrying what others think. If they have a problem with something that you don't, FUCK EM! I am who and what i am. And if anyone has a problem with that they're very welcome to leave. Life's too damn short to be concerned about what others think with the exception of IF there's a risk of loosing your job or income due to something.

ksst
10-17-2011, 05:05 AM
I love being here :)

thir
10-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Just wear your "Kinky and Proud" button. ;)

Ouch!

thir
10-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Ok, I had a bit of trepidation about going swimming at the Y today. The communal dressing room was giving me a combination of anxiety and anticipatory exhibitionism since today I am sporting several stripes on the butt. I was worried about someone seeing the marks and thinking I was actually abused rather that the truth of enjoying it. In the news here we certainly see more spouse abuse than we see about people enjoying bdsm. It turned out to be a non issue since I got my own locker aisleway- it was not that busy. But I could see it happening in the future again. Does anyone else worry about this, or do I just say, what the hell, who cares what they think? I sometimes run into people I know there, who also know my husband. I guess I could change in the bathroom, but that is difficult and seems weird.

Actually it is amazing what people do not see. But for those who do, a cool attitude seems to do it. It signals 'nothing wrong here, move on.'