PDA

View Full Version : Prostatitis from Urethral Play? Something else? Help appreciated!

WolfpupNX
11-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey all,

Fairly new here - looks like an interesting place - hoping to explore it in more detail, especially once I'm feeling better. At the moment, I have a medical issue I'm being seen by doctors about but a little freaked out as I'm still not sure I have the right diagnosis. Any help would be very sincerely appreciated!

I've experimented just a bit with urethral play, most prevalently in the past with two urethral electrodes, one shallow, another a little deeper but still basically shallow, and I like it occasionally (and have done it with those for years). More recently, I purchased two stainless steel toys. One was a flared plug with a rim (shallow), and the other was a deep rosebud sound. I only played with these very briefly one day to try them out - the plug I couldn't get to stay in (my piss slit kept "squeezing it out"), so I don't think it would have worked out, but my brief foray with the rosebud sound was pleasant, though I went much deeper than I ever have before. I should note that while these were brand new, I didn't boil these or wipe these down with alcohol like I obviously should have after reading more.

There was a little normal discomfort after this play since I don't do urethral often, but I felt good and normal afterwards. Fast forward 2 weeks or so. I started to experience a burning sensation upon peeing. First thought was a urinary tract infection, as I know UTI's can happen from this type of play, so I immediately started drinking cranberry juice and got some UTI test strips. Test strips were negative, but I continued to drink the cranberry juice in hopes this would go away.

This went on for a week and a half or so, with some days the burning seeming worse and others it feeling better. One night, I started getting an almost crushing feeling in my testicles (think blue balls or the feeling of your balls being in a vice with pressure). It was quite uncomfortable (not unbearable, but distracting and just generally unpleasant) so I called the doctor, and he had me get a urine test and started treating me for a UTI. However, the culture came back negative, so the next step was a full panel of STD tests (and preemptive single-dose treatment for an STD just in case right after the test). I thought an STD was unlikely, but it was possible, so I went ahead testing for gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc. All came back negative.

So now (~2 months from the initial symptoms) I've been to a urologist, and the current theory is prostatitis. I'm on a really strong antibiotic (Cipro) I have to take for four weeks in the hopes of getting rid of it (just over the 1 week mark). Since my initial symptoms, the burning when I pee is mostly gone (though it still feels a little different than normal), and the ball pain seems to be better, but I still get twinges of pain and things just generally feel off. The glans of my penis sometimes feels a little bit fiery or itchy, but not all the time, and it's not severe. I still get horny and can masturbate/ejaculate normally (it feels very slightly off as well, but still mostly good). I've never had a fever or anything, but I have felt generally achy (back, neck), though that could be allergies too this time of year.

Does this sound like it's likely prostatits and has anyone heard of getting this instead of a normal UTI from urethral play? Is there anything else it could be?

I have followups with both my regular doc and then the urologist further down the line. I haven't expressly mentioned the urethral play (I'm in a rural location and not entirely sure of the reaction) - is this something I really need to mention as it could lead to a better diagnosis?

Thanks all!

Velocity
11-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Your doctors can not adequately treat you without a full knowledge of what you're getting up to. You wouldn't go to a job interview without a resume, would you? Of course not. Same thing as going to your doctors without giving them the complete truth about your habits. The urethra is not meant to be a point of entry and can be easily damaged by even the slightest movement in the wrong direction. You need to be very honest with your care providers about this. Most likely they will use a scope to go up in there and see if there is any physical damage or signs of other types of infection (like yeast. It's not bacterial, and not viral, so they seldom test for yeast infections in men, but as you were using toys that had not been sterilized, it's a very real possibility that could be what you have).

Snark
11-16-2011, 08:41 AM
I have to agree with Velocity. Having had chronic prostate infections I can tell you that once they start they are very hard to get rid of. And can hang around for many years. Better to take the treatment longer and truly get rid of it than be impatient.

WolfpupNX
11-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the replies. Next time I see my urologist, I'll let him know about this, despite being embarrassed. The good news is I felt quite normal for a few weeks here on the Cipro. That said, it ended three days ago, and tonight I'm feeling some general discomfort (itchy tip), so while I'm hoping I'm just paranoid, I have a feeling it may be coming back.

WolfpupNX
12-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Just wanted to post an update. A few of the symptoms (burning and ball-vice sensations) did come back, but not as bad as they were. My appointment with the doctor was a ways off, so I did call and ask if I should go back on antibiotics, and they said I should give it a bit of time first as sometimes that's enough. I also (with their approval, though they hadn't had any experience with it) started a supplement called quercetin (Q-Urol specifically), as that's supposed to help with prostate health. Things have been steadily improving (especially the last week or so) and I'm pretty confident things are finally getting better. Obviously if they get worse, I'll need to go back to the doctor, and at that point I'll let him know about the urethral play, but I didn't feel it necessary as long as things are on the right track and seeming to feel better without antibiotics. (Though I'm definitely not doing any more urethral play after this experience lol.)

sm8591
02-19-2012, 04:28 PM
I had it too and got rid of it after 8 weeks of anti biotics. You can have it from some sexual contact, but you can also just be unlucky to get an infection at that spot without any kinky sexual behaviour. Swimming in a lake or any other untreated water... any contact with contaminated matter. In my case i just assume i got it when having sex with an infected person, i had chlamydia before too which also needed a long anti biotic treatment. Problem is these bacteria become resisrent.

rumiboy
04-12-2012, 10:45 PM
@wolfpupny: Have you considered seeking a kink-aware physician? ncsfreedom.org (national coalition for sexual freedom) has listings from all over the US of kink-aware professionals.